Davies Apologises

In his LW interview Davies thinks that the Man City Manc Senior cup game counts as one of his 3.

I doubt it, its a reserve team tournament. Anyone know the official position.

BTW he's sorry.

It could count, think it's a first team competition but we choose to play our reserves.

Yeah he shows signs of genuine remorse. I hope he's now concerned about his place in the starting side and seen the other strikers making their pitch for the slots. Lets hope this interview isn't on the back of the the thread the other day on here about his facebook account. Says he's been punished by having his Welsh call up revoked and club fine.

NOTE TO MODS: In fairness to Davies, the heading of this thread should be amended.

Thought that myself its a very funny topic title he says nothing about the Manc cup!

He does look genuinely sorry and has accepted his punishments well,

I think if he did have a very bad sulky attitude he wouldnt of gone on LW and done this interview.

Takes a big man to say sorry.

well done to him for apologising. If hughes' stamp had of been seen by the officials and he had've been sent off would this reaction from the fans been the same to lord hughes? I doubt it.

Lets just move on and let him work his way back into the team by playing well when he's on the field.

well done to him for apologising. If hughes' stamp had of been seen by the officials and he had've been sent off would this reaction from the fans been the same to lord hughes? I doubt it.

Lets just move on and let him work his way back into the team by playing well when he's on the field.

Yes that what i think..I know it was plain stupidity for him to do it but if that would of been hughes who did that and got sent off all that latic's fans would of been cheering 'Hughesy,Hughesy,Hughesy'

STAMP???? from where i was sat it just looked like hughes was running off and that guy fell down as hughesy foot flicked up!!!! B)

what i'd like to know is...........

why has it took him a week to say all of this????

I'd guess he probably took a few days to let the dust settle before apologising, or at least was advised to. If he'd come out straight after and spoke of how he'd learned his lesson and how many people he'd let down, it would've been less well received.

He's been a complete cock - and Shez needs to make an example of him before we end up with the disciplinary problems of 3 seasons ago.

He will no doubt be left out for at least a game longer than his ban to show the others that it is unacceptable, but we also need to remember that Chris Taylor picked up two cards in two games, which also needs addresssing by Shez - particularly as one of them was for dissent.

Time to get them all together John, and warn them that stupid bookings and dismissals weaken what is a good side, and could ultimately lead to a long wait in the sidelines for a return to first team action.

Get tough Shez - we don't want unnecessary bookings jeapordising a decent chance of promotion.

BBC Wales

"Sheffield United striker David Cotterill offers another option up front, and would have been joined in the squad by Oldham Athletic's Craig Davies.

However, he has been withdrawn by his club on disciplinary grounds after being sent off for a head-butt on Tuesday night"

BBC Wales

"Sheffield United striker David Cotterill offers another option up front, and would have been joined in the squad by Oldham Athletic's Craig Davies.

However, he has been withdrawn by his club on disciplinary grounds after being sent off for a head-butt on Tuesday night"

His withdrawal was a good move by JS. It has signalled his intention to curb stupidity that may harm the team - a further example of Shez's ability to learn his trade quickly. Keep it up John.