Well known players who've made their debuts against us

I was just looking through the programmes for sale on Ebay and came across a Leicester v Latics prog which claims that Gary Linekar made his debut at that game.

I seem to remember that Ian Wright made his debut for Palace against us and Steve Mcmanaman made his Liverpool debut against us.

Their respective clubs obviously wanted to ease them into league football gently! Any other (well known) ones?

I was just looking through the programmes for sale on Ebay and came across a Leicester v Latics prog which claims that Gary Linekar made his debut at that game.

I seem to remember that Ian Wright made his debut for Palace against us and Steve Mcmanaman made his Liverpool debut against us.

Their respective clubs obviously wanted to ease them into league football gently! Any other (well known) ones?

you are correct about Gary Linekar making his debut for Leicester , we lost 2-0 and it was snowing heavly that day

Fancy me forgetting that one. I remember all the French journalists in t-shirts and slacks, freezing their nuts off.

and the chants from the Chaddy of "Cameras, what's the score?" and "Stick your cameras up your arse" as we went on to beat Leeds 3-0. Happy days.

I recalled the weather being one of those rare days where the sunshine was out at ISZ.

phil parkes made his west ham debut v latics ,at the time he was the most expensive goalie in the world we lost 4-1

i seem to remember many years ago playing Watford one Tuesday night and they had a lot of injuries.

Threw a young 16 year old goalie in called Pat Jennings .

Don't know if it was his debut or not but somebody may remember !!

He played a blinder .

Hi all, yeh i've got one.

The defender who came on with about 15 minutes to go in the cup match against Chelsea was a Young John Terry.

I believe that to be his debut.

John Terry started that game if I recall but it was his debut. Some years ago in my Dad's first game at BP there was a black gentleman playing on the wing in his debut for Watford. Due to the bitter cold he was wearing gloves and possibly leggings. When my Dad was asked his opinion on the player he roughly said, 'He can't be any good he's wearing gloves what a wuss.' That player was John Barnes.

Gary Linekar New years day at Filbert st i t was freezing that day

Laurie Cunningham for the Orient

i seem to remember many years ago playing Watford one Tuesday night and they had a lot of injuries.

Threw a young 16 year old goalie in called Pat Jennings .

Don't know if it was his debut or not but somebody may remember !!

He played a blinder .

When it was Pat Jennings' 1,000th game, OAFC_OK was the mascot for West Brom (the team his sister supported) and he carried a bottle of champagne onto the pitch for presentation to Jennings.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I was there and I'm sure I've got that programme. If memory serves me, he played on the right wing and was crap. How much is the prgramme going for?

and the chants from the Chaddy of "Cameras, what's the score?" and "Stick your cameras up your arse" as we went on to beat Leeds 3-0. Happy days.

I recalled the weather being one of those rare days where the sunshine was out at ISZ.

I thought it was only 2-0 but I can't be bothered looking it up.

I remember the Leeds fans getting locked in after the game and starting to crush their own fans at the back of the RRe until the stewards had no choice but to let them out.

I also remember on female Latics fan in her 50s ending up in hospital after taking a beating as she walked past the back of the stand.

Lovely chaps those Leeds fans

I thought it was only 2-0 but I can't be bothered looking it up.

I remember the Leeds fans getting locked in after the game and starting to crush their own fans at the back of the RRe until the stewards had no choice but to let them out.

I also remember on female Latics fan in her 50s ending up in hospital after taking a beating as she walked past the back of the stand.

Lovely chaps those Leeds fans

Think it was 2-0 and didn't Andy Barlow get the second? JR quoted as saying: "What's he doing up there (on Leeds 18 yard box)?"!!