who did Latics play the day you were born?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nobody June 28th,

And i haven't got a clue who we played on the opening day of the 75/76 season

EDIT (Rummy)

English Division 2 (old) Oldham 2-0 Bristol R 16-08-1975

Edited by rummytheowl

nobody June 28th,

And i haven't got a clue who we played on the opening day of the 75/76 season

EDIT (Rummy)

English Division 2 (old) Oldham 2-0 Bristol R 16-08-1975

Damn, you can type fast Rummy - even with a fork full of scrambled egg in your podgy little fingers :lol:

Born: Thursday September 13th 1984

Game before birth was a 2-2 draw at home with Sheffield United, goals from Parker and Quinn.

First match after birth was a 2-1 defeat away at Charlton on the Saturday :disappointed:

Though Palmer did get the goal :grin:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Born 25/05/85

Closest game was 11/05/85 - Carlisle 2-5 Oldham

I went to that game. Was the last game of the season and the day of the Bradford fire. Mickey Quinn had set himself a target of "over 20 goals for the season" and went to Brunton Park on 18, only to hit a last day hatrick and achieve his target. Roger Palmer scored the other 2. I will never forget that day for as long as I don't get Alzheimers.

Mine is a mystery.

I was born on Saturday 7th December 1968 (I know you'd never believe I was that old to look at me).

Week before I was born, we lost 4 - 1 away at Reading (Jim Bowie scored the goal)

The week after I was born, we lost 2 - 0 away at Watford

But I don't to this day know why we didn't play on my Birthday. My Dad was too drunk to remember why we didn't play.

Anyone any ideas?

Nearest was Rochdale at Home October 14th 2-2 draw with Jimmy Frizz scoring twice

Tuesday 8th February 1977 the day I was born, two games closest to the day of my birth sum up my time supporting Latics perfectly......

5/2/77 Latics 4 Bristol Rovers 0

12/2/77 Cardiff 3 Oldham 1

Guest oa_exile
Mine is a mystery.

I was born on Saturday 7th December 1968 (I know you'd never believe I was that old to look at me).

Week before I was born, we lost 4 - 1 away at Reading (Jim Bowie scored the goal)

But I don't to this day know why we didn't play on my Birthday. My Dad was too drunk to remember why we didn't play.

Anyone any ideas?

Maybe a postponed game due to the weather ?

Mine is a mystery.

Anyone any ideas?

Out of the FA cup maybe (or not in that round)

Guest oa_exile
Out of the FA cup maybe (or not in that round)

Ooooh good answer ^_^ we were knocked out in the 1st round so i would go for that :)

Edited by oa_exile

Mine is a mystery.

Anyone any ideas?

2nd Round FA Cup? Latics lost 1st Round at Wrexham 4-2. Must have been a free weekend off.