I was. And he's surprised me this season.

his distribution is top drawer this season ,plus he is in the right place at the right time...put that down to expierience...

eleven out of ten for mr crossley this term...however can he keep it up...hmmmm we'll have to ask his missus that one

i love it just love it when players shut the doubters up ...nice one mark :grin:

I was a bit of a sceptic, and I will never be at ease with him. My heart will thump out of its ribcage everytime he 'goes' for a cross. But I will do a little joy-wee everytime he makes a stupidly good save.

Being honest. I'd rather have a different keeper - but I can't argue with his current form.

Ditto. I'll admit, he's not the worst keeper that ever graced God's green earth, and he was superb today.

I simply don't get the fans that are shouting for Fleming to be our first choice keeper. Yes, he is a great prospect but Crossley has done enough over the last 9/10 months not to get dropped. Furthermore, none of us have seen enough of Fleming to make a true judgement on his ability.

A guy in front of me at Trampmere summed up the blinding stupidity of some Oldham fans perfectly. When Crossley made that great save to his left in the second half before booting his clearance out of play, this bloke got angry that he hadn't immediately passed to the right wing and then went apopleptic when he kicked the ball out to his left. I kid you not, it took him over 5 minutes to cool his jets with no mention of the previous save!

A 2-points winning save vs a poor pass. Where do these fans' priorities lie?

I simply don't get the fans that are shouting for Fleming to be our first choice keeper. Yes, he is a great prospect but Crossley has done enough over the last 9/10 months not to get dropped. Furthermore, none of us have seen enough of Fleming to make a true judgement on his ability.

A guy in front of me at Trampmere summed up the blinding stupidity of some Oldham fans perfectly. When Crossley made that great save to his left in the second half before booting his clearance out of play, this bloke got angry that he hadn't immediately passed to the right wing and then went apopleptic when he kicked the ball out to his left. I kid you not, it took him over 5 minutes to cool his jets with no mention of the previous save!

A 2-points winning save vs a poor pass. Where do these fans' priorities lie?

Jesus! I thought you meant me for a minute, until you said there was no mention of the save.

There are few bigger fans of Crossley than me, but I too thought he could have sent Lidds away if he hadn't needed to compose himself after the save.

Lidds was also pretty annoyed himself, but I suppose if you've just produced the save of the game you deserve to dwell on it a little whilst you soak up the adulation :D

Jesus! I thought you meant me for a minute, until you said there was no mention of the save.

There are few bigger fans of Crossley than me, but I too thought he could have sent Lidds away if he hadn't needed to compose himself after the save.

Lidds was also pretty annoyed himself, but I suppose if you've just produced the save of the game you deserve to dwell on it a little whilst you soak up the adulation :D

There are few fans bigger than Crossley, I mean in frame before I get slated. I was saying to a few yesterday, you always get some daft pillock who jumps on the pitch when a goal is disallowed trying to have a go at the Keeper.........for some reason not so yesterday.

hes brilliant at shot stopping but we were very nearly out thought by uncle ronald yesterday. everyone knows hes poor on crosses so weve started overloading the back post, now either tranmeres players noticed this or uncle steptoe told them that when we do it try a shorter one on the floor, and it would have worked if he could have kept his shot down. BUT no one is 100% on everything and other than the uncertainty which led to ruuuubes OG were coping with it well. crossley has made some stupendous saves this season and hes well into the positive in terms of points won/ saved. 3 out of 5 clean sheets too.

Crossleys a good keeper and no mistake. He's Forest through and through but I defo get the feeling he likes it here. Hey I like Crossley here too. Top pro and love his LW chats.

I think he really does like it here you could tell by his reaction at the end of the game He also appreciated the his body is a temple chants too.

crossley yet again i thought was awseome - made two unbelievable saves one in each half - and yes another clean sheet.

wonder if all his doubters after game one have anything to say -

I shall admit I wasnt happy when he signed for another year, but as someone else said in the Gregan thread im eating humble pie, He has struck up a great partnership with Rubes and Gregan!

Long may it continue and long may i be baking pie:)

Maybe we need a smiley for this?

In the Liverpool Daily Post, Ronnie reckoned Oldham’s veteran goalkeeper Mark Crossley was “fortunate” in deflecting a low long-range shot from Bas Savage over the crossbar in the first half. “How it ended up going over the bar is beyond me,” Moore said.

I think there should be an FA inquery, if goalkeepers are going to go stopping shots with positioning and reflexes then the game is going to hell in a handcart.

^_^ I have to admit to smiling when now when Lidds, Greags and Crossley are all producing the goods consistently, now fit (well as fit as they are going to be! :D ), yet last year and a bit of the season before for Lidds and Greags, despite playing regularly whilst carrying knocks strains etc, were constantly being knocked and told "legs are gone!" get rid. They still possessed the same ability, but due to the team/themselves playing below par, a few wanted rid.....football hey! :)