Big League Weekend

Happy to be ignored all the way to The Championship.

To be honest I don't mind BLR overall - a decent 2 1/2 hours per week of Football Leaguve coverage is not too bad, and the fact thatthey focus their coverage on 'bigger teams' that presumably bring bigger audiences and advertising implications is not a surprise. They have talked about us a bit this season.

Happy to be ignored all the way to The Championship.

To be honest I don't mind BLR overall - a decent 2 1/2 hours per week of Football Leaguve coverage is not too bad, and the fact thatthey focus their coverage on 'bigger teams' that presumably bring bigger audiences and advertising implications is not a surprise. They have talked about us a bit this season.

Too right. I'm a little surprised by how little attention we're getting but long may it continue. No one seems to see us as a threat yet.

Too right. I'm a little surprised by how little attention we're getting but long may it continue. No one seems to see us as a threat yet.

I couldn't be happier that everyone is ignoring us. I know it is early doors, but for Grayson to say that he thought we could sneak into the playoffs this year shows that people dont see us as a serious threat at the moment. The longer that stays true the better. Rather be able to go about our business quietly and get a decent number of points before we are plastered all over the place*

*Within reason, this is League One. Noone is plastered all over the place

To be fair, by all accounts Leeds were fantastic on Saturday.

As they are everyweek if you watch Big League Weekend, i mean i seem to recall Oldham grabbing two sloppy goals there.

Edited by Lordy

Wow didn't waste much time getting down to the Leeds w :censored: fest did they?

Well they are in the top ten most supporter teams in the country and media outlets like sky are a business ... so I don't understand how this is really a shock to people that they (and the national press) give Leeds so much coverage.

Well they are in the top ten most supporter teams in the country and media outlets like sky are a business ... so I don't understand how this is really a shock to people that they (and the national press) give Leeds so much coverage.

However the majority of people watching BLW are not Leeds fans and therefore will get fed up of them banging on about Leeds every week.

Yeah they had about 30 attempts at goal I think aginst Crewe. With Holland in charge I think we could batter them as well.

Damn right - I could almost imagine that we beat them by the same margin ourselves the last time we played. Crewe are right down :censored: Street yet scored two past Leeds, what does that tell you? Their defensive line put the :censored:s up me at BP last season, I'd never seen anything so big and well drilled at our level, I think the mystique has gone now. Sounds like Crewe got it all wrong - Leeds had no penetration in the last third against us, but Crewe let them line them up in front of goal.

Damn right - I could almost imagine that we beat them by the same margin ourselves the last time we played. Crewe are right down :censored: Street yet scored two past Leeds, what does that tell you? Their defensive line put the :censored:s up me at BP last season, I'd never seen anything so big and well drilled at our level, I think the mystique has gone now. Sounds like Crewe got it all wrong - Leeds had no penetration in the last third against us, but Crewe let them line them up in front of goal.

Wash your mouth our sunshine! Any strike force with the worlds greatest player in the world (Jermaine Beckford) could not possibly fail to score for a whole 90 minutes... it is disgraceful to even suggest such a thing.... best team in the division... battering mighty crewe and getting a sterling draw at hom against powerhouse Brizzle rovers....

Arent they chaps.... hey? Super Whites... Guys?

Honestly, wheres John Salako when you need your thoughts backing up...

Edited by BigfinLatic

We're on! Fishal

Although I'm sure it will be a case of...'Milton Keynes are off to a flier with their wonderful pioneer of an owner Peter Winkelman, and his new manager RDM (he scored in an FA Cup final don't you know?). Which little team will they beat 5-0 this week?'

We're on! Fishal

Although I'm sure it will be a case of...'Milton Keynes are off to a flier with their wonderful pioneer of an owner Peter Winkelman, and his new manager RDM (he scored in an FA Cup final don't you know?). Which little team will they beat 5-0 this week?'

:lol:

Aww god... this is going to be brilliant...

"And this weekend, the might juggernaught of MK Dons rolls into Old-Ham, who apparently also play football, havent looked at the table - so they are probably near the bottom, whilst Di matteo's unbeatable powerhouses storm their way into the playoff positions. With proven goalscorer Aaron Wilbraham banging them in left, right and centre, surely it is just a case of MK Dons turning up to gain the three points...? now we go over to the MK Dons bowl for 20 minutes of Roberto Di matteo talking about the buzz around MK, and the fact he once scored in an FA Cup final... before we do, any comments John Salako"

"Thanks - I definitely think Jermaine Beckford is the best Striker in the league"

"Brilliant. Now over to the best manager outside of Peterborough - Roberto DiMatteo"

Edited by BigfinLatic

:lol:

Aww god... this is going to be brilliant...

"And this weekend, the might juggernaught of MK Dons rolls into Old-Ham, who apparently also play football, havent looked at the table - so they are probably near the bottom, whilst Di matteo's unbeatable powerhouses storm their way into the playoff positions. With proven goalscorer Aaron Wilbraham banging them in left, right and centre, surely it is just a case of MK Dons turning up to gain the three points...? now we go over to the MK Dons bowl for 20 minutes of Roberto Di matteo talking about the buzz around MK, and the fact he once scored in an FA Cup final... before we do, and comments John Salako"

"Thanks - I definitely think Jermaine Beckford is the best Striker in the league"

"Brilliant. Now over to the best manager outside of Peterborough - Roberto DiMatteo"

:grin: