FAO Sean Gregan

I'm sorry mate, it's good you're vocal and you've had a cracking start to the season, which probably makes this more frustrating. Sometimes, for instance when you've given away a penalty with a blatant handball, just shut it. Stop gobbing off...I was gobsmacked there wasn't a yellow for the protests and bearing in mind you picked up one soon after for the foul just outside the area, we could have been down to ten men for 45 mins and perhaps drawn/lost, and be missing our captain next Saturday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry mate, it's good you're vocal and you've had a cracking start to the season, which probably makes this more frustrating. Sometimes, for instance when you've given away a penalty with a blatant handball, just shut it. Stop gobbing off...I was gobsmacked there wasn't a yellow for the protests and bearing in mind you picked up one soon after for the foul just outside the area, we could have been down to ten men for 45 mins and perhaps drawn/lost, and be missing our captain next Saturday.

Roy & Co said it was a harsh penalty to give, I know I would have felt agrived if a harsh penalty was given against. I'm sure if his argument was anything more than argumentative the ref would have booked him.

If the ball deflects unexpectedly on to your hand from 3 inches away, how on earth can it be a penalty?

He's allowed, he's the captain... isn’t he allowed to make more of a defence of it? If it was any other player on this pitch they may have got the booking for the protest.

thats my understanding of it anyway?

Initial protest fine, but give it up after a while. He was going on and on, then had a go at the lino...then went to the edge of the box before shouting a few more words at the ref. He's not going to reverse the decision, and as captain too he should set an example.

Edited by jsslatic

If the ball deflects unexpectedly on to your hand from 3 inches away, how on earth can it be a penalty?

From what I saw with probably the best view of it in the ground it was a stone wall penalty. Both hands were up and he just blocked it, if it had been the other way round we would have been goin crazy if it hadn't been given. Can't understand how anyone can complain, yes it was point blank but their guy went to cross it and Gregan had both hands up, askin for trouble really.

From what I saw with probably the best view of it in the ground it was a stone wall penalty. Both hands were up and he just blocked it, if it had been the other way round we would have been goin crazy if it hadn't been given. Can't understand how anyone can complain, yes it was point blank but their guy went to cross it and Gregan had both hands up, askin for trouble really.

out of interest where do u sit?

It was pen no doubts about it really it came up of his knee and his hands went down on to it - i dont think it was deliberate but it was a pen and after the intial moan he really should have shut up he was going on for ages. The biggest problem i had was the lino - (who was dire) not flagging for it. Had they only been told to flagg for offside?

Still as soon as they started arguing over who was taking the pen i said they would miss it and we got lucky

out of interest where do u sit?

It was pen no doubts about it really it came up of his knee and his hands went down on to it - i dont think it was deliberate but it was a pen and after the intial moan he really should have shut up he was going on for ages. The biggest problem i had was the lino - (who was dire) not flagging for it. Had they only been told to flagg for offside?

Still as soon as they started arguing over who was taking the pen i said they would miss it and we got lucky

I sit about two thirds of the way up in the 'I' block pretty much in line with the left post. May have deflected up, either way, you have your arms up like that and you're asking for it.

I sit about two thirds of the way up in the 'I' block pretty much in line with the left post. May have deflected up, either way, you have your arms up like that and you're asking for it.

must admit i thought it was a pen tbh but others around me didnt,thought sean was solid again a born leader and a good captain.

NO WAY was it a pen in my eyes - the guy for mk dons flicke it up right in front of gregan and as is the natural instinct gregan raised his arms to protect himself, there was a pause of about 5 secs after it when the ref wasnt going to give it but then the lino flagged!

Harsh harsh pen, justice was done with the save anyway!!

NO WAY was it a pen in my eyes - the guy for mk dons flicke it up right in front of gregan and as is the natural instinct gregan raised his arms to protect himself, there was a pause of about 5 secs after it when the ref wasnt going to give it but then the lino flagged!

Harsh harsh pen, justice was done with the save anyway!!

At the other end we would all be screaming for a pen.

Gregan is awesome at this level. If only he would put it in the stand more often, instead of show boating. Most of his yellows come from being a clever arse, getting caught out and pulling them down. Just glad it wasn't a second penno today for his card.

Roy & Co said it was a harsh penalty to give, I know I would have felt agrived if a harsh penalty was given against. I'm sure if his argument was anything more than argumentative the ref would have booked him.

It was a blatant penalty. Luckily their lad went for accuracy rather than pace. Awful penalty.

It was a blatant penalty. Luckily their lad went for accuracy rather than pace. Awful penalty.

It was a penalty though not intentional handball he deflected it against his own hand - however there were two blatant shouts before this for us where the defender stuck his hand out to meet the ball where the ref and linesman were the only people in the ground not to see it

He has been quality, JSLATICS you were probably the geek boing Taylor b4 we got the 2nd...

On the assumption that JSLATICS is me...I'm very sorry for daring to criticise one aspect of Captain Marvel's game.

Greegs, you are the man and can do no wrong in my eyes...keep baracking the officials...I'm sure they'll change their mind at some point and it will all be worth it, hopefully the kids who watch their team's captain will do the same tomorrow morning.

On the assumption that JSLATICS is me...I'm very sorry for daring to criticise one aspect of Captain Marvel's game.

Greegs, you are the man and can do no wrong in my eyes...keep baracking the officials...I'm sure they'll change their mind at some point and it will all be worth it, hopefully the kids who watch their team's captain will do the same tomorrow morning.

JSLATICS for gods sake give it a rest you are really becomming a tool