just needs a bit of luck in front of goal at the moment, once he gets 1 his confidence will be on the rise and he will reach doulbe figures again this season, hopefully it will start next week.

just wish he would try to anticipate the flick on and through balls a bit more, needs to be on his toes more often , but it will come with time.

worked his arse off today

Guest sheridans_world

Davies is trying so hard to score he is taking that one-touch too many infront of goal. I think he worked hardest today than I have ever seen him before.

thought that was his best game this season,just needs a goal.ktf.

Yes I agree. Just a bit rusty at the moment. once he gets a few games under his belt and scores a goal will be

off and running. At the end of the day he is a confidence player and he needs to be playing with that confidence.

agreed, but....doesn't look like scoring in a million years.

maybe not a problem if Hughes stays fit and goals keep coming from other areas, but...........

once Alessandra's rest is over it's still him and Hughes upfront for me. they've been our most impressive partnership so far.

Davies had some good touches today, but he is still a fair way off being the player that I think he can be.

Not sure what it is about him, but he seems to only put his heart into it some of the time. Also he doesn't follow shots in like Hughes does, he would get a few more goals if he did this.

He has ability and does seem to be a very much a confidence player - and he is lacking that at the moment.

I think his best performance was off the bench at Hartlepool, where he looked really dangerous.

looks like he's carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders

He does seem to carry a lot of baggage in his head. He should be more bloody minded like Hughes who doesn't seem to let anything bother him. I suppose that's the difference between a player who made it to the Premiership, and even though I rate him, Davies will only get to the Championship at best.

It was good to see Hughes giving him encouragement throughout the game, and Davies was the only man on the pitch to clap Hughes when he went off