John Bonham in the RRE

I have read a couple of *Led Zep books* about the tales of the band.

The Edgewater Inn in Seattle was a favorite place were Led Zep (and other bands) liked to frequent.

The rooms overlooked a river and Bonzo liked to fish in it :lol:

The story goes that Bonzo caught a Fish (Mud Shark) .........and the rest is as they say History.

*For anyone interested : Stairway to Heaven Led Zep Uncencored by Richard Cole is the best one , followed by Hammer of the Gods by Stephen Davis

Yep that was the story I heard whilst looking at said hotel from the Space Needle (tall tower thing in Seattle) but I'm not sure it is a river than the hotel over looks and I'm fairly certain that it is now called something else. It was and still is popular with some big name bands and I'm sure John Bonhom isn't the only famous rockstar to have fished from it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Yep that was the story I heard whilst looking at said hotel from the Space Needle (tall tower thing in Seattle) but I'm not sure it is a river than the hotel over looks and I'm fairly certain that it is now called something else. It was and still is popular with some big name bands and I'm sure John Bonhom isn't the only famous rockstar to have fished from it.

Just did a quick search and >>Hey Presto<<

The hotel is on a pier in Elliot Bay of Puget Sound. When you do a tour of Seattle they tell you the Beatles (famously) fished fron their hotel room. The fishing was banned when John Lennon/Paul McCartney/Elvis Presley* caught a fish and hid it in the hotel wall (they are wooden).

* Delete (or Add) where applicable

When were you on the tall tower thing in Seattle?

This is all well and good, but it can't detract from the fact that there is no way to progress* as a debauched rock god after you have used said fish for said purpose. What do you do next? Seriously?

* This is not in any way intended to condone cruelty towards fish, or any none-consensual or degrading sexual activities regarding the woman who the fish and rock god interacted with. And I don't find it vaguely sexy or appealing as an idea. But, what do you do the next night?

Why would they have to compete for a place? :unsure:

no one said he did ,did they...

lynott was a bass player anyway....

also phil collins is shyte,he was the reason behind the whole live aid video taking so many years to be published,because he insisted on playing in america with zeppelin,and didnt do a very good job,so much so that they had to dub out most of his playing because of bum notes.....and robert plant said they just couldnt let such a derogitory performance go out by them....

other good drummers i have seen as well as the list above are

nicko mcbrain

tommy aldridge

phil rudd

phil taylor

there are probably lots more as i have seen a fair amount of rock bands live over the years.

Guest oa_exile
i thought he was drummer in original line up withe gabriel upfront

He was , I actually posted that he didnt figure in my all time greatest drummer list.

Collins

Banks

Rutherford

Hackett

Gabriel

Note : That is actually a lie as it is not the very original line-up :wink:

Guest oa_exile
I will take the credit for kicking all you old timers into life talking about by gone years of Rock:D:D

:headbang::tongue1:

Cheers EXILE if I ever get the pleasure of meeting you i will thank you:D

Look out for me, you will see me at BP in my personalised seat

old_man_chair.jpg

Backing choir:

Florence Ballard (Supremes)

Marc Bolan (T Rex)

Johnny Burnette

Eddie Cochran

Sam Cooke

Cass Elliot (Mamas & Papas)

Billy Fury

Marvin Gaye

Ted Hawkins

Buddy Holly

Eddie Kendricks (Temptations)

Ronnie Lane (Small Faces)

John Lennon

Frankie Lymon

Steve Marriott (Small Faces)

Clyde McPhatter (Drifters)

Jim Morrison (Doors)

Nico (Velvet Uderground)

Roy Orbison

Lawrence Payton (Four Tops)

Esther Phillips

Joey Ramone

Otis Redding

Keith Relf (Yardbirds)

David Ruffin (Temptations)

Del Shannon

Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls)

Gene Vincent

Carl & Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys)

Jackie Wilson

anyay getting back on Topic  :) I have been lucky see some of the Greatest drummers of all timeJohn BonhamCozy PowellNeil PeartIan Paice..........and not least Young Josh  :grin: Not seen Keith Moon , Ginger Baker ................any more I have missed ?
if you talking bout great drummers surely rick allen from def leppard deserves s a mention especially as he lost his arm in a car accident Edited by neiladamsheadband

i was confused by the insistence that everybody joined into the "rhythm" of the great escape..... not really appropriate at the moment, dont think some people realised why it was the bottom club singing it

We were taking the p**s mate. They nobody was singing so we thought we'd help them out with theirs ;)

And Ringo Starr of course. He’s the greatest rock drummer in the world*

:o

To quote the late great Lennon "He wasnt even the best drummer in The Beatles!"

If you want to put a modern twist on it - Dave Grohl. I know he doesnt drum for Foo Fighters but he guests on loads of other stuff. Most prominently Queens of the Stone Age, No One Knows. Divine.

Oh, and i think i saw him in the rocky road end against Huddersfield! No kidding, was his double!

:o

To quote the late great Lennon "He wasnt even the best drummer in The Beatles!"

If you want to put a modern twist on it - Dave Grohl. I know he doesnt drum for Foo Fighters but he guests on loads of other stuff. Most prominently Queens of the Stone Age, No One Knows. Divine.

Oh, and i think i saw him in the rocky road end against Huddersfield! No kidding, was his double!

dave grohl also drums for lemmys side project from motorhead every now and again...

and also plays drums and guitar for tenacious d.

rick allen had the world at his feet,literally,then got behind the wheel of a very fast sports car smacked of his face on drink and other ingrediants of modern chemestry,and forgot to turn round the bend,took out a dry stone wall rip his car to shreds n ripped his arm half off......

that said his kit set up where he plays with his feet is very technical.

im suprised nobody has mentioned buddy rich yet.