Cheltenham Away in the FA Cup

Guest sheridans_world
We are playing a team we should be more than capable of beating... so that isnt too bad in my book....

We should be capable of beating every team in the draw...

We should be capable of beating every team in the draw...

Exactly! Why the hell are we worrying about Cheltenham - loan signings, new manager, whatever - this is a team we battered a a couple of weeks back!

... and i'm sure their fans will be flipping thrilled with the draw! Pity it aint at fortress BP, but hey ho...

Exactly! Why the hell are we worrying about Cheltenham

I'm not worrying about the opposition, just desperately disappointed with the lack of magic with this draw.

I'm sure that their fans feel the same but at least they're at home.

Promotion aspirations or not, a good run in the FA Cup is great for any team so at least it is a winnable game.

I'm not worrying about the opposition, just desperately disappointed with the lack of magic with this draw.

Promotion aspirations or not, a good run in the FA Cup is great for any team so at least it is a winnable game.

The magic in Round One is for the likes of Chasetown and Thurrock, not as said the 7th ranked team in it. Potter-time begins in the 3rd round, until then it's either dull or a huge banana skin.

Spot on comments!

Wasn't thrilled about it at first, but when the league fixtures came out in June I was disappointed that Chelts away in the league this season is a Tuesday night as it's often a good piss up. Now this compensates for it...and I really would like to give Martin Allen a :censored:load stick for being the prick he is! If we can improve our form, I'll feel much better about the trip.

PS Owusu got a red card yesterday...reckon he'll be suspended for it...it'll be their 3rd game from now.

Spot on comments!

Wasn't thrilled about it at first, but when the league fixtures came out in June I was disappointed that Chelts away in the league this season is a Tuesday night as it's often a good piss up. Now this compensates for it...and I really would like to give Martin Allen a :censored:load stick for being the prick he is! If we can improve our form, I'll feel much better about the trip.

PS Owusu got a red card yesterday...reckon he'll be suspended for it...it'll be their 3rd game from now.

two yellows for owusu so he only misses tuesday's game

Not overly exciting but a good enough draw...as said their loanees will probably be stopped from playing, plus don't forget we tonked them 4-0 at our place, and they were absolutely awful...Hughesy pulled them all over the place.

New manager yes, but same woeful defence and a disjointed team that hopefully won't have played together much.

Just seen that Cheltenham have got NINE loan players at the moment! :shock: Didn't think that any team was allowed that many at once!

Our fate in this tie could be decided on whether the parent clubs allow those players to play!

Think you can have as many as you like but the crux is you can only play 5 or have 5 in the macth day squad or something like that.

Remember going at the time of the foot and mouth outbreak and they made us walk thro troughs of disinfectant to get in the ground.

Nothing to do with foot and mouth... just because we came from up North. :lol:

To be honest i wanted a Non League side the magic of the cup going to a unknown ground in front of a small crowd, Playing against players who will make it tough, raise there game but in the end we get through.

Personally Cheltenham is just like another League 1 game to myself. However we seemed to have got over the old Cheltenham being a bogey team (think it was 5 matches but before we finally beat them) and should get us a safe passage into the second round.

It's a poor, but winnable draw. I'm all for that romance of the cup stuff anyway, so was hoping for a non-league team away to see the bunting up around the town, tin foil FA Cups out in abundance, a crackling little atmosphere etcetera.

We nailed Chelts last time at home but they're a completely different prospect with Martin Allen as quartermaster these days. They'll be physical to the broders of brutish, it'll be all direct sort of stuff and teams like that historically always seem to do quite well against us. Add to that the fact they've knocked us out of the FA Cup twice before and the fact it's not a new ground and we're in a proper slump in form then it's a game I just don't fancy and probably won't bother making the journey down for.

Some are saying half of their team are loanees. I still think a fair amount of them will play unless they have reasonable prospects of getting back into their parent club's teams this season.

A very poor draw IMO.

Sure it is winnable but try asking the people who trudged to Bristol and Swindon if on that form and level of performance we are likely to go there and win.

We aren't scoring away from home at the moment and as soon as we go one down ther game is lost.

I know we are still 7th but we are dropping like a stone at the moment and need to arrest that slide.

I am far more confident about our home form and think we can and will beat Scunny and Yeovil but we look a different team on our travels where confidence within the team appears to be low.

Cheltenham at home yes but away no, I can't see us going there and winning.

People were posting up how poor Swindon were prior to the game on Saturday but they didn't break sweat to brush us aside. We would really need to improve greatly on recent away displays to progress.