If one of our players...

If one of our players played in a Sunday League game this weekend and only stopped when he was recognised by some Latics fans on the other side would you be annoyed :o

Text doing that rounds that somebody has done just that. Silly, silly boy.

Not as annoyed as Shez I bet.

KtF,

Derek.

If one of our players played in a Sunday League game this weekend and only stopped when he was recognised by some Latics fans on the other side would you be annoyed :o

Text doing that rounds that somebody has done just that. Silly, silly boy.

who? if its doing the rounds you can mention it

Have you noticed how these spurious rumours all start coming out after a really abject performance?

It's not a new thing. Kelvin was a regular on the Hollinwood six a side nights a few years back too. This was before his release and re-sign though.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Maybe It was on Shez's orders? After saturday, sunday league sounds about the right standard for some of our players... :wink:

Was it wolfy, after some first team football...? Plus it was an U-12s league. :wink:

If it was Hughsie did he get booked (for dissent)? And how the hell was he recognised?

I do hope he's looking after that groin injury.

More importantly - did he manage to but the ball in the onion bag! ... it was the crap dance that gave him away*

*Just to confirm, in now way are we indicating it was Lee Hughes involved in this... before anyone starts on us....

More importantly - did he manage to but the ball in the onion bag! ... it was the crap dance that gave him away*

*Just to confirm, in now way are we indicating it was Lee Hughes involved in this... before anyone starts on us....

No, he did not score. A massive surprise considering his hat rick last Tuesday night! There!! Guess now.

Course you would be bloody well annoyed but don think this is the 1st timer this rumour over the years a raised is ugly head was it not someone like Andy Holt few year back, that had alledgely done that

I don't understand all the fuss, even if he did play? At what point does it become an issue? It's like telling Lewis Hamilton to avoid entering the fast lane or even driving at all away from the track. Can he still have a kick about with kids in the park?

:)

I don't understand all the fuss, even if he did play? At what point does it become an issue? It's like telling Lewis Hamilton to avoid entering the fast lane or even driving at all away from the track. Can he still have a kick about with kids in the park?

Surely its not the same as having a kick about with the kids in the park if the said player is playing competitively then he is risking injury, I would hope the club would take a very dim view of this if true.

Maybe Corney will do a piece on LW about it.

You can't really believe that?

The point at which it becomes an issue is when some meathead recognises him and wants to make a name for himself and 'does him'. And it's nothing like the Hamilton analogy - a closer example would be him having a kick about in the park with his mates - NOT playing in an 'organised, competitve league' game.

It would be similar to Hamilton racing in an amatuer motor race and breaking a leg by stuffing into a wall. I wonder what Ron Dennis would make of that.

The list of things I wouldn't allow a professional footballer to do if I was paying his wages and during the season is quite long and would definately include playing football for something other than the team. (Its not unheard of for pro footballers to get injured playing with their kids- but I wouldn't ban that- it would be a bit mean). A footballer needs to be fully fit for their job its not like they can go to work with a twisted ankle they got whilst paintballing, or with the fractured arm they got whilst jet-skiiing. I could go on listing injuries caused by various things that for us mere mortals is fine for us to work with but we aren't pro footballers. If this is true I would dock that particular player's wages, drop him and say if he does it again he gets fired.

Can't believe this rumour.

To start with the "Sunday League" will be a recognised FA appoved competition. The "pros" contract will prevent him playing for any other team without the correct transfer forms being completed and registered with the league/FA, which makes the player ineligible for the "Sunday Team" and leaves the team open to a points deduction for fielding an ineligible player. Also, depending on the insurer, the teams insurance policy can be invalidated for playing unregistered players and therefore all players in that team risk not being able to claim for any injuries incurred in that match/matches.

Surely the Sunday league lads arn't that stupid are they? :stupid:

Cheers,

Harry

Can't believe this rumour.

To start with the "Sunday League" will be a recognised FA appoved competition. The "pros" contract will prevent him playing for any other team without the correct transfer forms being completed and registered with the league/FA, which makes the player ineligible for the "Sunday Team" and leaves the team open to a points deduction for fielding an ineligible player. Also, depending on the insurer, the teams insurance policy can be invalidated for playing unregistered players and therefore all players in that team risk not being able to claim for any injuries incurred in that match/matches.

Surely the Sunday league lads arn't that stupid are they? :stupid:

Cheers,

Harry

To be honest, it can happen - I played against a Rochdale player two years ago, and I know for an absolute certainty, that a Latics player has done it before in Rochdale Sunday League.

You are so naive to think that every player who plays is registered, I have played before unregistered, as Im sure lots more have on here.