Come on Oldham !

I quite enjoy the atmostphere the drummer gets going during the game, but when we get a corner the COME ON OLDHAM used to be a lot getter than the Drummer drumming and then OLDHAM ... You know what I mean.

Can someone have a word and get him to learn more songs ..............Please

I quite enjoy the atmostphere the drummer gets going during the game, but when we get a corner the COME ON OLDHAM used to be a lot getter than the Drummer drumming and then OLDHAM ... You know what I mean.

Think quite of few, like me, are sick of mentioning it ........... love the away days as he's usually not there. I suspect many people's dislike of the drums stems from this particular issue.

I still shout com on oldham!!!!!

The Come On Oldham chant used to be to encourage the corner taker to land that ball on the first defenders head. Now we are skilled enough to do it with every corner the chant isn’t as important.

I still shout it whenever I get the chance to and normally get a few people joining in.

next home game i;ll ask him to be quiet on corners and we;ll see what happens ok ps he is at most away games but 90% of stadiums dont allow drums for away supporters

I personally like the drummer and it think it helps with the atmosphere BUT I really wish he would keep quiet when we take corners for this reason...it's tradition to shout ''C'mon on Oldham'' and he's ruined it. Other than that Drummer boy, keep up the good work.

I personally like the drummer and it think it helps with the atmosphere BUT I really wish he would keep quiet when we take corners for this reason...it's tradition to shout ''C'mon on Oldham'' and he's ruined it. Other than that Drummer boy, keep up the good work.

Oh, maybe THAT'S why we're now crap (allegedly) at corners - see http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18341 ... :wink:

Edited by martjs

The only problem I've got with the drummer is that he drums too slowly. Most people give up the "Carnival de Paris" (I think that's what the song is called) tune after a few bars cos it's so slow. It was always sung quicker pre drum.....

:shock:

ohwhenthebluesgomarchinginohwhenthebluesgomarchinginohwhenthebluesgomarchinginoh

whenthebluesgomarchinginohwhenthebluesgomarchinginohwhenthebluesgomarchinginohwhe

nthebluesgomarchinginohwhenthebluesgomarchingin

th come on oldham chant was always exsecoond nature at the away games but since moving to the RRE this season from the lookers it Ive it more it doesnt seem as apparent, at home?? always liked it when we did, though and wouldd love to see it bought back on a reguar basis

We used to get the piss taken for it being our only chant! This leads me to think several of the following may be true:

We sang more then so that at least away fans heard us

There were more of us then

We got a lot of corners when I was a lad

Orrrrrrr

We enjoyed them more because we occasionally scored from one :)

We used to get the piss taken for it being our only chant! This leads me to think several of the following may be true:

I remember that LL... After being scared s***less by us in the 1990 FA cup semi and replay, the 'hugely hilarious' ManYoo fanzine Red Issue had an article about it called Top Ten Oldham Songs:

1. Come On Oldham

2. Come On Oldham

3. Come On Oldham

etc.

"How we laughed"... :grin:

I remember that LL... After being scared s***less by us in the 1990 FA cup semi and replay, the 'hugely hilarious' ManYoo fanzine Red Issue had an article about it called Top Ten Oldham Songs:

1. Come On Oldham

2. Come On Oldham

3. Come On Oldham

etc.

"How we laughed"... :grin:

must be why now we sing other songs at thw most inappropite timme sounds like friend u need to educate the new generation 4 as they do sing, so fair playto them 4that not always the right song at the right time