loan signing

He'll be flying in from South America friday night, to be met at East Midlands airport at 11;00 saturday morning, where he will be taken to meet his team mates, who will be busy arguing at the Tesco in Northampton, over the best tasting sports drink, before making his debut and scoring the winner in a 1-0 victory for the boys in blue!

if we are supposed to be close to signing a striker on loan, wouldnt it be a good idea to sign him so he can train with his new team mates before a game

anybody heard anything?

Sometimes they train all week with the side before it is signed and announced.

I liked the idea of getting Steve Jones too.

There seemed to be a little irony in the comments of Shez in his LW interview when the loan striker question was posed to him. He replied something along the lines that the Striker was there ready and waitin to come in but wasn't sure what was happening. Kinda implying the club was holding this back whilst as far as he was concerned he'd done the deal. Yet more rumblings and shows of discontent, but this time allowable I presume.

Edited by Lags

There seemed to be a little irony in the comments of Shez in his LW interview when the loan striker question was posed to him. He replied something along the lines that the Striker was there ready and waitin to come in but wasn't sure what was happening. Kinda implying the club was holding this back whilst as far as he was concerned he'd done the deal. Yet more rumblings and shows of discontent, but this time allowable I presume.

Interesting though Shez's interview has now been "pulled" on the official site - perhaps because of the brief bit of Simon Corneys next blast that was inadvertantly tagged on the back of it.

KTF

Interesting though Shez's interview has now been "pulled" on the official site - perhaps because of the brief bit of Simon Corneys next blast that was inadvertantly tagged on the back of it.

KTF

how many loans can you have in a season by the way???

maybe this stalling or waiting as the club prefers to call it is because we cant attract anybody from the championship...and league 1 or 2 strikers is all we can get....

the idea of a loan is to either look at a potential purchase like try before you buy.....or to improve your current squad as the players you already have cant cut the mustard.

Shez said on Sky the other week that he tells the board who he wants they do the deal (in terms of contract, wage, dealing with the agent and so forth), maybe he's "sold" Latics in terms of the playing side and what the coaching staff want to whoever it is and now SC/AH are trying to finalise the deal, or not as it seems. He made a similar comment about Byrne, he wanted him to stay, but a deal hadn't been worked out, he didn't know why and didn't want to talk about it. So maybe Shez isn't the ditherer in these deals as some would like to promote. Just a thought.

Edited by StipeTripe

Who's holding the deal back us or the players club if Shez/Player thought it had been done?!

Shez said on Sky the other week that he tells the board who he wants they do the deal (in terms of contract, wage, dealing with the agent and so forth), maybe he's "sold" Latics in terms of the playing side and what the coaching staff want to whoever it is and now SC/AH are trying to finalise the deal, or not as it seems. He made a similar comment about Byrne, he wanted him to stay, but a deal hadn't been worked out, he didn't know why and didn't want to talk about it. So maybe Shez isn't the ditherer in these deals as some would like to promote. Just a thought.

Ever heard of Agents? :unsure:

From previous interviews ive watched it seems to me that TTA and or Alan Hardy deal with the contracts and discipline side of thing such as fines etc and Shez concentrates on the footy...which is probably how it should be, and I think Shez would want it that way. As said in an earlier post Shez has identified who he wants so its now up to the club to sort out the financial & contract side. Interview is back on Latics world, maybe edited cos nothing about Corney in the one i watched. A win at Northampton will dispel the gloom...so here's hoping

Sometimes they train all week with the side before it is signed and announced.

I liked the idea of getting Steve Jones too.

Is that the same Jones that got hammered for his white boots first half at Crewe, only to change for red ones (I think) at half time and get hammered for them.

* he did actually go on to score.....but we were out of sight by then.

...Or perhaps the powers that be at latics have figured out that the last thing we frigging need is another striker for the rest of our team to make look bobbins.... and decided to go and look for a defender to start with, and maybe bring back COG....

Dithering, Dithering, Dithering......