Grayson replaces McAllister - Blackpool Not Happy!

We sit alongside you :wink:

That one who looks like Plug in front of you is very annoying though. Up and down like a friggin' yo yo.

Blackpool fans on Sky Sports News seem to be furious that he is even being linked with it. Not sure Sheridan would be enough to please them.

I wasn't including you lot mate, though if the cap fits and all that :wink: .

Derek.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackpool have refused permission for Leeds to talk to Grayson. Not that they think they'll go for Shez, but I doubt TTA will give Leeds the same answer if they come knocking.

I expect Leeds will start throwing some of that 4M profit about in an effort to get him. Maybe offer enough compo so they can get another golf stand :wink:

I wasn't including you lot mate, though if the cap fits and all that wink.gif .

Derek.

I'll leave the cap wearing to Plug!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Latics on a Saturday is now just the inconvenient bit inbetween a decent pint, altogether more social and less critical. I think prozac has nailed it; the footy is just boring - gameday is just a reason to meet up with everyone and have a few beers and a laugh.

Very true....

Its not just latics though, although there are a few issues at BP begging to piss me off, I think its football in general just isnt what it used to be...

If it wasnt for the fact my dad had bought my nephew a season ticket for his birthday and now im expected to take him, I dont think I would of bother the last couple of weeks...or over Christmas...

Just dont get enough enjoyment out of it these days....its just....dull...

Edited by oafc0000

Really. Am i the only one who still loves going to the matches. Couple of pints, have the craic, pound on first goal scorer, enjoy the game then get ready for the evenings plans. Ill miss crewe myself for family reasons but huddersfield is the certainly one of the best games.

Of course i don't want to be in this league any longer but were probably in our best state to get out of it. Theres far too much negativity around latics and i honestly don't think its justified

Me too actually still enjoy going enjoying this season more than last season lets look at some of the games.

Millwall 4-3 (h)

Leeds 2-0 (A)

Leicester 1-1 (H) two good sides a good atmosphere what football is about

Peterborough 2-2 (A) Another good comeback

Scunthorpe 3-0 (H)

Those are the ones I can think off the top of my head some good games there

Don't get me wrong I still get frustrated at seeing us drop points like we have been doing but to be honest their is only about 5 to 10 games maximum that actually stand out the others are just something to do. Its not just the football though like a pint before and after the match talking about it before and after the game in the pub and on here I even like hearing other peoples views at the game. Lets face it who would go for just the football their is other things that come into it, most of us have probably met people off here and see going to BP as some social time with mates or family members. My dad and Grandad took me I intend to one day take my own kids and Grand children. I will see plenty of cack and some good inbeteween but I just can't see me giving this up really.

I am not trying to preach at people or take some kind of holier than thou attitude people make their own decisions in life, just surpised their are so many on here feeling like they can't be arsed we ahve seen far worse than this.

Yes, but the problem is football has evolved into a non-competitive sport due to the money and is much the worse off for it. I personally cannot wait for the day it implodes taking dozens of clubs with it (if we are one, so be it, as we are going to go that way anyway otherwise).

Back onto a non-vitriolic topic anyway. We were asked why we watch football/Oldham a while ago. I stand by my "it's a reason to get pissed in places other than your local" comment I made then. As for the football itself - it's the same as for the past 15 or so years, :censored:e interspersed with slightly less :censored:e.

Are we any worse than late 70s/early 80 - not really, in terms of the football played imo - albeit a very different game now. I'm sure there's many as well who can remeber much darker days back in the 60s, in terms of our expectations as a club.

A few beers before a game, an applause for the team, a criticism here and there, discussion over a couple of light ales later (sometimes) - the matchday experience hasn't changed that much for some! (though an extra £20 in the pocket is now required)

Yes, but the problem is football has evolved into a non-competitive sport due to the money and is much the worse off for it. I personally cannot wait for the day it implodes taking dozens of clubs with it (if we are one, so be it, as we are going to go that way anyway otherwise).

Back onto a non-vitriolic topic anyway. We were asked why we watch football/Oldham a while ago. I stand by my "it's a reason to get pissed in places other than your local" comment I made then. As for the football itself - it's the same as for the past 15 or so years, :censored:e interspersed with slightly less :censored:e.

feel sorry for you then mate if thats your view on footy,tell me,are you one of the sad lonely feckers who don't like christmas aswell.i normally end with ktf but don't think it applies to you,merry xmas.

feel sorry for you then mate if thats your view on footy,tell me,are you one of the sad lonely feckers who don't like christmas aswell.i normally end with ktf but don't think it applies to you,merry xmas.

...and I'm one of the happy clappers who thinks Sheridan is doing a great job and the club is heading in the right direction.

As for my view of football in general, then I'd say you are blindly burying your head in the sand - but I could be wrong and it could be great. We might be able to get promotion stop up and build a Second Division side, and then gradually work our way up to Division One. Then with our superb youth policy create a European qualifying team. Yes. That can happen.

However, to me, football lies in irredeemable ruins due to the greed of the few.

NB. Christmas is great. It enables me to get :censored:faced in many places other than my local.

Are we any worse than late 70s/early 80 - not really, in terms of the football played imo - albeit a very different game now. I'm sure there's many as well who can remeber much darker days back in the 60s, in terms of our expectations as a club.

A few beers before a game, an applause for the team, a criticism here and there, discussion over a couple of light ales later (sometimes) - the matchday experience hasn't changed that much for some! (though an extra £20 in the pocket is now required)

This says it all really, similar standard to 70’s/80’s in footballing terms but you now have to pay a small football to enjoy/endure (delete as appropriate) it, yet the club still makes a loss.

I recently purchased an Unlimited filmcard for the Cinema which means I can watch as many films as I want for £12 a month. Really puts in prospective how bad value it is to watch League 1 football.

Do you honestly go to Oldham because of the football? Honestly, i'd be hard pushed for anyone on here to say that the quality of the football over the last 15 years is why they support Oldham athetic.

I'd say that Oldhamsheridan is pretty much spot on with his assesment of why a lot of people go to Oldham... if the sole reason I watched oldham was to see a wonderous game of football then I would have stopped attending a long long time ago... he is spot on, if you want good football go and watch a rich club - cos we are far far away from that...

Fortunately for the club there are hundreds on here who still go to Oldham as it is a social occasion, to have a few beers with your mates, and to support the team that for one reason or another has been ingrained onto your psyche over the years... those are the reasons I go to watch oldham, bloody hell, the product aint much to shout about.... and is exactly what needs to be addressed if we ever are going to be one of the big boys... unfortunately that needs more investment, and hey... chicken and the egg all over again...

... I think the fact we go to football for the social occasion probably means that we are about as far away from being one of 'the sad lonely feckers' you describe as possible... thats what happens i'm sure if watching football was the only reason you supported Oldham!