Hartlepool off?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like it's going to be off then, if it's frozen now it won't thaw by tomorrow afternoon and then there is the problem of it being -5 on Friday night. Looks like I'll have to find something else to do on Saturday afternoon.

On the other hand, if it thaws by 3:00pm tomorrow and if the Met Office gets it wrong and it doesn't drop below -3, with the covers on during Friday night, the game could be on.

One man's weather forecast is another man's foolish prediction.

Guest sheridans_world

You knew what I meant though Clare :)

Incidentally Diego, it was my experience with the protest march, they coppers told me at the time, its the same rules for a football match. (Deemed a public gathering!)

Erm. Are we getting sensitive over who organised a march now? That's deeply sad.

No, what would be deeply sad would be someone pointing out that he actually had the idea before anyone else (whilst advising against the sit down protest) but was away from his PC for a few hours so couldn’t publicise it!

No, what would be deeply sad would be someone pointing out that he actually had the idea before anyone else (whilst advising against the sit down protest) but was away from his PC for a few hours so couldn’t publicise it!

Nobody would do that, surely... :blink:

Anyway, what I want to know is how dean got into that time warp that allowed him to tell us there "was" a pitch inspection two days before it happened... :grin:

Edited by garcon

Hartlepool fans hoping the game is off to give more time to get players fit, bring loan players in and avoid the players being distracted by the F.A. Cup.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/...919&posts=7

This is likely have a bearing on which option, if any, HUFC accept for the rearranged game.

Guest sheridans_world

Whats incorrect? I did organise the march. At no point did I claim to have the original idea and that has always been attributed to Jacko. I have also never said it was 'my march'.

I dont understand what the issue is.

Nobody would do that, surely... :blink:

I think I might actually have been googling the distance from the town centre (not having walked it since probably I was a teenager) to the ground when the suggestion was posted up. Must learn to duck for the line :disappointed:

Lets be quite clear. You've always been a bit of an anti poster so whatever you post I tend to take with a pinch of salt.

I wouldn't say I'm anti, but I'd far rather you take what I post with a pinch of salt than take it too seriously. This is only an internet forum after all. No harm done. :)

Guest sheridans_world
thats what I said. Now back on topic. It's milder currently, lets hope the forecast is day behind actual weather. Then it'll be on.

I've got a feeling its not going to be on Saturday. Although I hope it is.

Well done to the club in having the nous to offer Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday to Hartlepool so quickly though. At least we wont be left with a big fixture back-log. Unlike the teams who have had either league games postponed or cup games postponed. Its a double-whammy for those still in the cup.

I can see why the club prefer Monday Evening with televised Scum matches on sunday with the thinking it will affect the turnout. But, I don't think Man Ure being on at 4pm would make an halpeth of difference, cos not many armchair Reds come to Latics. Still I'd prefer Sunday and you could move it to 1pm kick off or even 1.30pm if they think Chelski v Man Ure is a detraction.

EDIT: Or should I say Man Ure v Chelski

Edited by Lags

I've got a feeling its not going to be on Saturday. Although I hope it is.

Well done to the club in having the nous to offer Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday to Hartlepool so quickly though. At least we wont be left with a big fixture back-log. Unlike the teams who have had either league games postponed or cup games postponed. Its a double-whammy for those still in the cup.

Wednesday isn't an option!