Hartlepool off?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been past BP and the outside temperature was 2°C notwithstanding the wind chill factor.

In the surrounding area, threadbare patches of turf are still a little frozen but those with a decent covering of grass are quite soft.

P.S. For anybody watching Crimewatch next month, this is my alibi, so remember where I was. :wink:

If it's 2°C then the wind would help, not hinder. Although those pesky frost covers would block it's effect. I'm more concerned how we are going to get the covers off after the braziers have melted them onto the grass.

I think he is talking about Sale Sharks at Edgeley Park tonight, which is definitely on:

Game On

This evening’s Guinness Premiership clash between Sale Sharks and top of the table London Irish at Edgeley Park (KO 7-45pm) is definitely ON. The pitch will be marked out and then the covers will be put back in place and removed at around 6-30pm.

If the pitch is in a bad way and is unlikely to recover I hope they call it off sooner rather than later. Dont want waste a journey over to Oldham... Also it is a :censored:ter to come all the way from Hartlepool as well...

Sounds like the final decision will be made at 10:15am. Which is hopefully early enough to prevent the majority of wasted journeys.

Sounds like the final decision will be made at 10:15am. Which is hopefully early enough to prevent the majority of wasted journeys.

After a cautious go-ahead at pitch inspection this afternoon, hopefully the double frost cover plus industrial heaters will prevent any deterioration of the pitch overnight, so I'm cautiously optimistic!

Can see much of a problem myself, we have got the "top man" on the job:

0,,10337~5092504,00.jpg

If the full forces of the enternal fires of hell and damnation can't defrost a patch of grass then I don't know what will.

Unfortunately he keeps his furnace at Ibrox. OMBC refused planning permission at BP, they said it was out of character with the local area. Also there were concerns about the increased traffic required to carry the lost souls in for an eternity of unspeakable torment and objections to the sulphur emissions likely to be generated at busy times.

At least someone was thinking about us faithful lot that make the journey there and back on a Saturday.

It was ingenious of Hardy to explain to the taxman that we all drive 2.2 cars each to the game to explain where there are always 11,500 vehicles in the car park but he only owns up to attendances of 5000 when filling the VAT returns in.