Hartlepool off?

Fair enough I did wonder and it sounds like a reasonable decision but maybe someone needs to have another look at this now, especially if we ever complete the proposed development as that would mean more pitch in the shade when we redo the current main stand.

I'm sure the question of undersoil heating will come into reckoning when the stadium is rebuilt. Hopefully by then we are in a higher division with more attractive fixtures and more TV coverage, where a postponed game can be very costly in lost TV revenue, hospitality and advertising.

Edited by Fyldelatic

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone think that the game will be on if the weather stays like this, its not as cold is it i wonder what temp frost thwas at

i am sensing unintentional brilliance. there must be a few th'oldhamers on here, who were very puzzled as to why you were asking what temperature the frost measured !!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Going off BBC weather centre reports, all week upto and including Friday night we will see minus temperatures whilst the daytime highs will not melt enough. Staurday the temps climb to highs of 6 degrees and well above freezing by night. I can't see it being on unless this milder temps arrive a day ealier than forecast. It's times like these I cannot understand why the club just doesn't say (like yesterday or Monday) The match is being switched to Sunday. Surely thats enough time to organise and publicise, because Sunday is set again for mild weather (8 degrees)and the pitch should be well playable.

Edited by Lags

Going off BBC weather centre reports, all week upto and including Friday night we will see minus temperatures whilst the daytime highs will not melt enough. Staurday the temps climb to highs of 8 degrees and well above freezing by night. I can't see it being on unless this milder temps arrive a day ealier than forecast. It's times like these I cannot understand why the club just doesn't say (like yesterday or Monday) The match is being switched to Sunday. Surely thats enough time to organise and publicise, because Sunday is set again for mild weather and the pitch should be well playable.

Don't the police need 10 days notice, which is why cup replays don't take place the midweek after the original game nowadays?

i am sensing unintentional brilliance. there must be a few th'oldhamers on here, who were very puzzled as to why you were asking what temperature the frost measured !!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what it will thaw at- technically it should melt after it reaches 1 degrees but i bet it doesnt

Don't the police need 10 days notice, which is why cup replays don't take place the midweek after the original game nowadays?

I don't know but it sounds about right. But why for gods sake? surely 6 days is enough. A sunday fixture as got to be better than a Tuesday night!

what it will thaw at- technically it should melt after it reaches 1 degrees but i bet it doesnt

Thinking way back to school days, I seem to remember that it takes the same amount of heat energy to thaw ice as it does to boil the equivalent weight of water to 70°C or something. Also don't ice crystals start forming in the water at about 3°C?

I would think we need some rain to help thaw the pitch rather than slightly warmer weather.

Can anyone confirm or has dementia finally set in?

Derek.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

Thinking way back to school days, I seem to remember that it takes the same amount of heat energy to thaw ice as it does to boil the equivalent weight of water to 70°C or something. Also don't ice crystals start forming in the water at about 3°C?

I would think we need some rain to help thaw the pitch rather than slightly warmer weather.

Can anyone confirm or has dementia finally set in?

Derek.

FFS Wilson, this is a footy MB not queens college!

my mate in a nearby town said the answer to our problems could be lighting loads of fires in metal dustbins or braziers on the pitch,perhaps people who are in industrial disputes could give us some tips on how to light and keep the fires burning

I'm fully expecting to gain some experience of that before the end of the month. Bit late for Saturday, but I'll offer my services in future. :grin:

my mate in a nearby town said the answer to our problems could be lighting loads of fires in metal dustbins or braziers on the pitch,perhaps people who are in industrial disputes could give us some tips on how to light and keep the fires burning

That's what we did in the Fourth Division. The Chairman (Massey) had a builder's firm and the pitch was covered in braziers on a regular basis. We were the only club to play its home games during the big freeze. We got crowds of about 17,000, with footbal-starved fans coming from far and wide. We won the games and had a massive lead at the top of the table (like Burton Albion have now) which lead to promotion. Happy days!