Hartlepool off?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been for Hereford tickets,the grounds man was gritting the path near the ticket office.

"Are we o.k for saturday" I asked, his reply................

"F***s chance" and then he made a horse sound

Just been for Hereford tickets,the grounds man was gritting the path near the ticket office.

"Are we o.k for saturday" I asked, his reply................

"F***s chance" and then he made a horse sound

:laught16:

Very good.

(But I suspect you may have to explain it... :wink: )

Edited by garcon

I suppose it depends on the forecasts. If there are no chances of improvement you'd think they'd knock it on the head on the Friday. If there are reasonable chances of improvement then by midday on Saturday would stop Pools fans (and me) setting off with no game on.

Especially as there are big problems with the train network up here over the weekend. Does anyone know why we haven't got undersoil heating as I would guess it would pay for itself if it stopped 5 games being called off?

Especially as there are big problems with the train network up here over the weekend. Does anyone know why we haven't got undersoil heating as I would guess it would pay for itself if it stopped 5 games being called off?

Weren't we the first club to have undersoil heating? Ripped out when the plastic pitch was put in?

Does anyone know why we haven't got undersoil heating as I would guess it would pay for itself if it stopped 5 games being called off?

Some years ago, when the question was raised whether to install undersoil heating, the club said that in previous seasons only a handful of games were postponed due to frozen pitch, while more games were lost through floodng. So it was considered money would be better spent on improving drainage (which has been superb) than installing and maintaining costly undersoil heating system. Since then, we have had several mild winters so we haven't really missed it

Some years ago, when the question was raised whether to install undersoil heating, the club said that in previous seasons only a handful of games were postponed due to frozen pitch, while more games were lost through floodng. So it was considered money would be better spent on improving drainage (which has been superb) than installing and maintaining costly undersoil heating system. Since then, we have had several mild winters so we haven't really missed it

Fair enough I did wonder and it sounds like a reasonable decision but maybe someone needs to have another look at this now, especially if we ever complete the proposed development as that would mean more pitch in the shade when we redo the current main stand.