Is Deano going to County on loan

Shez said on GMR after the game that he's pleased with Smalley, hence why he's getting a run in the side and it looks like his confidence is growing. He said he has all the attributes of a quality player if he wants to be one! And he was the only one to come out with a bit of credit at Hereford.

Didn’t sound like he was about to ship him out on loan!

After today's game there is more chance of bids coming in for Deano than Taylor.

If we keep hold of both we will have 2 cracking wingers in a little while.

I was thinking the same today. Could get him alot cheaper. Although he has a lot to learn he had a lot of confidence today and has bags of potential.

From Stockport fans' message board:

Posted by stockycounty on 25/1/2009, 3:01 pm, in reply to "Re: Smalley"

i was in Oldham all night and spoke to either a family member or friend who told us Smalley had agreed to join us for the rest of the season straight after the game, Oldham fans were livid....

Heard this one a while ago...when Smalley wasn't a regular fixture in the side. Hence, seemed the right, sensible option then. Was from someone who I trust highly on info...however, I'd like to think a change of heart has happened over this now. The lad needed a run, has got it and hasn't disappointed. Be another bullet in the foot if it happened...as was (potentially is) planned.

What **** I'm reading on here nowadays. Back to basics it is! No grace...just plain, cold, telling it how it is! Beware: Time to ruffle a few feathers again!

Glad to hear it Ross, looking forward to some cold, harsh posting :grin:

you play a fast young player in 3 games, he plays very well and has a blinder in his most recent game, only to then be sent out on loan til may to be replaced by a 35yr old pointer who managed to trick himself off the ball and give away a throw-in in his 5 min appearance on saturday??

If this happens it would make sheridan look like a complete idiot and confirm nagging doubts that he hasn't a clue what he is doing and requires cognative therapy :D

you play a fast young player in 3 games, he plays very well and has a blinder in his most recent game, only to then be sent out on loan til may to be replaced by a 35yr old pointer who managed to trick himself off the ball and give away a throw-in in his 5 min appearance on saturday??

If this happens it would make sheridan look like a complete idiot and confirm nagging doubts that he hasn't a clue what he is doing and requires cognac therapy :D

:grin:

Haha...there were a few last Saturday which I thought I might get hauled over coals for :wink:

the more games he plays the more confident he will get,and it also takes the pressure off taylor,teams will be thinking they have worked us out by now,double up on tayls and there is no supply line. but they havent banked on smalley being on the right wing,like people have said it leaves space to be exploited and we have seen this happen in the last 3 games.

if anything we should send lidds out on loan,otherwise he legs might seize up,hopefully he will do the decent thing and retire at the end of the season,he has had his time..now smalley needs to be given his.

the more games he plays the more confident he will get,and it also takes the pressure off taylor,teams will be thinking they have worked us out by now,double up on tayls and there is no supply line. but they havent banked on smalley being on the right wing,like people have said it leaves space to be exploited and we have seen this happen in the last 3 games.

if anything we should send lidds out on loan,otherwise he legs might seize up,hopefully he will do the decent thing and retire at the end of the season,he has had his time..now smalley needs to be given his.

About 35mins in my mate pointed out the space Taylor was getting due to Smalley's threat. In the 2nd half, Smalley was tighter marked and for me, Taylor came into his own (again) and became a big threat. I've always been a massive fan of two working wings...with pace and a decent cross. Smalley can cross, but not to the extent a top player can but he can only learn that in time. As it is, if he carries on his Taylor-esque runs on the right, we may have struck gold.

About 35mins in my mate pointed out the space Taylor was getting due to Smalley's threat. In the 2nd half, Smalley was tighter marked and for me, Taylor came into his own (again) and became a big threat. I've always been a massive fan of two working wings...with pace and a decent cross. Smalley can cross, but not to the extent a top player can but he can only learn that in time. As it is, if he carries on his Taylor-esque runs on the right, we may have struck gold.

i must admit i have always prefered latics playing with two wingers,and if you have wing backs that overlap its gives defences a right problem..

i think if we carry on using tayls and smalley then the midfield could have a field day,especially if they double up on smalley as well,thats 4 players out the equasion,and players like windass should be able to exploit that...

people think we have got him here as a striker,but i think he is more a sheringham type of player between midfield n striker.

i just hope shez sticks with deano,even if he has a bad game and doesnt go back to his mates

He told me he was going to play on for as long as he could at whatever level he could. And he sounded like he meant it, he’ll be turning out for Ronnie Moore’s Dog and Duck side when he’s 49. Similar to Windass really, the money he’s making now will be peanuts compared to what he’s earned in his career, he’s keeping going because he likes football.