Yeovil New Manager

Yeovil appoint Terry Skiverton as new manager,I hate playing teams with a new manager,players always put that extra effort in trying to impress him!!!

I heard the tea lady was in the running until a weak pot of tea this morning ruled her out of the running!!! :grin:

I fancy us to knock 3 or 4 past them now.

I really don't know about that.

He has been there for 10 years and played almost 400 times for them.

If he is as popular as it seems, he could certainly raise the team.

In the short term anyway.

Worse time to play them I feel.

Long term if he is to popular he won;t make the tough decisions.

Not so much Greegs, as I am sure Skiverton is more popular.

And does Skiverton blame everyone else around him when he makess a mistake?.....

What if it is more like making Andy Ritchie manager...

......... is this Yeovil's Graeme Sharp moment :grin:

not sure about worst time to play them....he is after all only a player,yes he is vastly experienced player,but has he done any coaching??? does he hold any coaching badges??

definately the cheap option for them,maybe there hoping he can somehow keep them up then appoint someone proper next season.

we have a score to settle against them,so i am hoping for a decent performance and a 2-0 win at the very least.

not sure about worst time to play them....he is after all only a player,yes he is vastly experienced player,but has he done any coaching??? does he hold any coaching badges??

definately the cheap option for them,maybe there hoping he can somehow keep them up then appoint someone proper next season.

we have a score to settle against them,so i am hoping for a decent performance and a 2-0 win at the very least.

Any effect Skiverton has on the coaching side is bound to be minimal until he finds his feet, I'm sure there are more experienced staff out there to shoulder the responsibility. Still a hard game come Saturday - i'm particularly worried as they've won 3 at home all season...

As for their Sharp moment and me saying Skiverton will need to find his feet - until Sharp did that we did ok! Threatening the Top 6 over xmas '94, then it went tits up!

Sharp's first 10

WBA 3 Latics 1

Latics 2 Brizzle City 0

Stoke 0 Latics 1

Latics 3 Port Vale 2

Charlton 2 Latics 0

Latics 4 Wolves 1

Grimsby 1 Latics 3

Latics 1 Swindon 1

Millwall 1 Latics 1

Reading 1 Latics 3

W5 D3 L2

Next 10

W1 D2 L7!!!

Didn't take long for the rot to set in! Only a late flurry in April saw us stay away from the trap door.

Edited by oafcprozac

Saturday will still be a tough game, the players will want to play for Skiverton in the short-term. Long-term it remains to be seen whether he is good enough, I doubt the board are going to back him with extra funds if they won't back Slade. If only we could play them later on in the season.

A win at Yeovil will be a huge result!

Saturday will still be a tough game, the players will want to play for Skiverton in the short-term. Long-term it remains to be seen whether he is good enough, I doubt the board are going to back him with extra funds if they won't back Slade. If only we could play them later on in the season.

A win at Yeovil will be a huge result!

I agree especially as we haven't scored away since 3rd January - and that was a wonder goal! If i'm honest i'd take 7 points from the next 12 - of course more would be nice but expect the unexpected it's Latics!

I think a few are being very complacent and a touch arrogant with this news. It'll make it a tough tie, and people thinking Skiverton hasn't got his badges yet, well he's already got his coaching badges and should get his UEFA A-licence this summer.

He's absolutely huge to Yeovil fans, a cult hero who will command instant respect. I think it'll be a hard game in the fact that they will be out out trying to impress the new gaffer, and don't forget they were on a 4 game winning streak before Slade's departure, including a fine win at Peterborough. A draw may be a decent result down there all things considered.

I think a few are being very complacent and a touch arrogant with this news. It'll make it a tough tie, and people thinking Skiverton hasn't got his badges yet, well he's already got his coaching badges and should get his UEFA A-licence this summer.

He's absolutely huge to Yeovil fans, a cult hero who will command instant respect. I think it'll be a hard game in the fact that they will be out out trying to impress the new gaffer, and don't forget they were on a 4 game winning streak before Slade's departure, including a fine win at Peterborough. A draw may be a decent result down there all things considered.

I think it's quite a tough one to call to be honest regarding his immediate impact. With him knowing the players well already will there be the same 'impress the new manager' type attitude you would normally get from a new appointment, or will it be more of the same and Skiverton having to make his own impact through his tactics and team selections?

i wouldnt say i was being arrogant,hence why i put question marks after the question...i have no idea if he has any coaching badges.

i just dont think we could play any worse against them than we did at bp.....

yes of course the players will want to impress him,but at this stage of the season what he has is it,whether they impress or not he cant really change the bulk of his squad like he maybe could at another point of the season.

ill be more than happy with a point away from home...but with us being top six and pushing for promotion,i want us to go there and show our credentials and come away with all 3 points,regardless of opposition,these are the games come the end of the season that could make all the difference between staying put or going up.

I had a look at a Yeovil message board and none of their fans are happy that Slade went but it seems that he went for 2 reasons, one a breakdown with the board and the other none-football related that they won't release due to confidentiality reasons. There asst boss before Skiverton was appointed Thompson said that he can't say much but if the fans knew what had happened they would back the board 100% or something to that effect.

After the 3-0 loss they might be able to raise there game but I personally think that only really comes into play when a team are doing badly. This is a bit of a strange situation, they lost 3-0 against brizzle and their might be a few protests from the home fans on sat that will put them under stress.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I agree especially as we haven't scored away since 3rd January - and that was a wonder goal! If i'm honest i'd take 7 points from the next 12 - of course more would be nice but expect the unexpected it's Latics!

I'm not one for stats, but I've read that we've scored more goals away than Yeovil have scored at home. Having said that, Latics are out to avenge their only home league defeat in the past 11 months. Yeovil's 2-0 win at Boundary Park in November made them the first team to beat Latics at BP since Hartlepool the previous March.

I'm not going for all this "first game in charge" hoodoo! :blink:

Yeovil's goal difference is -12, ours is +12

Yeovil are in 17th, we are in 5th

Says it all, really. We should go there with the attitude of winning the game and not paying Yeovil any respect at all.

We have the better players, the experienced front line and strong defence. It is there for the taking.

Don't mess it up, please!

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron, Warney admits he has mixed feelings about the appointment of the new management team.

“It is something of a double bubble. I thought they would get the job and I am pleased for them.

“But it could be hard for me because, as they are two of my best mates, I don’t know how it will affect our relationship.

“I am a little anxious. We are the three senior professionals, the triangle of trust, and we were always phoning and texting each other.

“It is bound to impact on our friendship.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...ange-at-the-top