Windass

I'm NOT slagging him off, and I'm NOT asking him to run around like a teenager...I'm just asking a simple question...Is he still fit enough for this level?

I personally don't think that he is...and it's only an opinion!!!

Perhaps it might be better for him to come on fresh from the bench for the final 20 mins or so where he would be more of a danger.

oafc1955, I wasn't saying it was yourself who was slagging Windass off, sorry if it came across that way....I was having a go at those who chanted "You fat b*st*rd" as he was subbed and apparently cheered as he left the field. Doesn't do any good whatsoever and probably makes the youngsters even more nervy when coming on if they see the likes of Windass being given grief off their own fans!!

I'm a fan of the quality he gives us, but yesterday's game was an example of when we perhaps need a bit more pace and power up front rather than the guile and undoubted quality - but let's be honest not that much movement - we get from Hughes and Windass.

Windass had his poorest game for us yet, but I don't think that was entirely his fault. The awful pitch probably affected him more than most - a younger, more mobile Windass would have been able to play round that.

I still want to see him on the pitch more than not - but we maybe need to mix it up a bit more.

allessandra was taken out of the team as he wasnt scoring enough...yes he scored against millwall and a hattrick against scunny....but thats it.....if any other striker had that record they would be getting stick left right and centre.

hughes has stopped scoring again,whilst we still have players capable of sticking the ball in to him and supplying him the ammunition...last few games he seems to want to score from outside the box....has had a lot of time to bring it down and forward a bit,yet lets loose from a tight angle from 20 yards.

lewis fluffed it at leicster,comming on and should have done a lot better than he did,but he is young and still learning.

windass will always look to play a decent pass and lay off to our players,will hold the ball up and his thinking is twice as fast as most of the squad,yet gets panned for not scoring every game,even though he is playing virtually from midfield...

if shez thinks lewis is capable of doing the buisness then why wasnt he on the bench yesterday...took windass off after 68 mins,surely a like for like sub should have been made,and let him run at there defence for 20 odd mins,but not even picked.

Windass has scored 1 goal in about 7 games, Hughes hasnt scored since Stockport. Why not give Lewis a chance, I bet hes not played as many minutes as Windass has this season, yet has still scored 4 goals.

Is he still fit enough. Would back him against 99% of those that post on here, he trains with his wife who is an excellent runner. Just back the lad unless YOU can do better which I very much doubt or perhaps you prefer 11 headless chicken who run about a lot.

At least the fans would put some effort in. For the money Windass is on he should do a more effective job and hes not doing it. Ridiculous statement.

Is he still fit enough. Would back him against 99% of those that post on here, he trains with his wife who is an excellent runner. Just back the lad unless YOU can do better which I very much doubt or perhaps you prefer 11 headless chicken who run about a lot.

Thats a ridiculous statement to make. He's a proffesional footballer. If he wasnt fitter than 100% of the posters on here, nevermind the 99% u quote, then there is something seriously wrong! Apologies if Scholesy, Usain Bolt or the winner of the 3.20 at Aintree are on here, that wasnt aimed at you.

And i'm on the fence. Like his skill and touches on the ball, but i think he would be a great player to bring on with 20-25 mins to go too.....

At least the fans would put some effort in. For the money Windass is on he should do a more effective job and hes not doing it. Ridiculous statement.

The size of a pay packet doesn't make a player run any faster or play better....if it did then surely teams like United should score 10 or 15 goals a game just on the basis of what that lot earn!

Windass has scored 1 goal in about 7 games, Hughes hasnt scored since Stockport. Why not give Lewis a chance, I bet hes not played as many minutes as Windass has this season, yet has still scored 4 goals.

i wasnt saying young lewis shouldnt get a chance....my statement of him not even being on the bench,and picked up by a few others means i want the lad to play and do well.

but the fact remains,he isnt scoring regular enough....windass isnt scoring regular enough,but at least he has other aspects to his game that bring something different to the game and team,more often than not.

He's played 8 games on the trot and he will be as fit now as he is ever going to be...Yes,his fitness is very good, but for a forty year old.

He's been hauled off nearly every game and that is down to tiredness nothing else....He's a very good player but his age is letting him down and there's no way he will be effective in the championship.

A luxury we could do without....meaning perhaps the money would be best spent elswhere!

So was he "hauled" (nice choice of word...as though he has constantly been :censored: and "hauled" off) against Northampton for being tired? Or was it merely a tactical move to go 1 upfront? As it wasn't a striker coming on for him, I'd suggest the latter. Infact, I think a high percentage of managers "haul" a striker off late on in a game for "fresh" legs. Great stick to beat him with though...I'm glad OWTB wasn't around when Eyres was playing for us coz no doubt he would've had silly posts saying he was unfit too etc (I'd love to be as unfit as Windass....see Leicester game when he's putting Flemings shirt on!) getting to a certain age means they should be at the knackers yard according to some on here!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Are we happy to have Windass or is he a luxury we could do without?

Not enough quality in the final third today, 3 shots in 90 Minutes with only 1 on target is really not good enough for a team looking for promotion.

I don't think Windass has finished a game yet...Would it not be better to start him on the bench and bring him on fresh in the second half.

From what I've seen so far.....IF we are promoted, he won't be fit enough for the Championship and I'd be a little reluctant to give him a contract if we don't!!!!

Opinions anybody!!

Well apart from the odd good touch the only thing he has brought to us is media coverage. It really :censored: me off that a fantastic team performance against Leicester became The Dean Windass Show. You get a few friends on the soccer shows on the satellite channels and your laughing thses days!!

Well apart from the odd good touch the only thing he has brought to us is media coverage. It really :censored: me off that a fantastic team performance against Leicester became The Dean Windass Show. You get a few friends on the soccer shows on the satellite channels and your laughing thses days!!

Called assists for goals.....

I'd love to see these Windass critics play the balls he has from midfield...the one for Taylors goal recently and the one for Smalley who really should've finished vs Northampton. Only player in a Latics shirt who has that in his locker...:censored: all this rubbish about playing Eards in the middle...stick him there if ya want to try owt...with two forwards up top. Just an idea...although, I'd rather he was up top alongside Hughes.

I'd love to see these Windass critics play the balls he has from midfield...the one for Taylors goal recently and the one for Smalley who really should've finished vs Northampton. Only player in a Latics shirt who has that in his locker...:censored: all this rubbish about playing Eards in the middle...stick him there if ya want to try owt...with two forwards up top. Just an idea...although, I'd rather he was up top alongside Hughes.

Yeah, and had a decent game against Northampton. Fully deserved his goal, which turned out to be the winner.

Agreed and glad to see you back posting Mr80 Windass can see the passes that the other players on the pitch simply can't against Stockport he had a hand in all 3 goals. He isn't going to be effective in every game as sometimes you will need younger fitter legs who when it is a battle of attrition can get out their and chase. 3 games in 6 days coming up he certainly ain't going to complete 3 90 minutes in that time if it isn't working then hopefully shez will use Lewis or Smalley. Use Windass effectively and we will be fine its what having a squad is for.

99% of people...No, make that 100% of people on here don't play football for a living so that was a silly comparison really wasn't it!!

I'll back any lad in the blue shirt including Dean Windass but that isn't the issue here, neither are headless chickens!!!

In the premiership he will get pinpoint passes to head and feet but in this division Shez has said on many occasions that you have to do a little bit more and go looking to get involved....I'm simply saying that I don't think he is fit enough and it is my opinion..that's all!

Your opinion fine about that.... but as for silly comparison your wrong there are plenty of people beyond football who can out do MANY pro footballers re the fitness front even some on here who do triathalon, fitness every week within the army, I'm on my 21st marathon, working for an Army PTI qualification and thats just me so no it aint silly is it? But I stick by my opinion that he can't be called unfit we can just agree to disagree.

There's a big difference between being 'fit' and being 'match fit'

I really don't get it. Some are saying that we should support the players, but having read the general concensus on here you have to say: -

Fleming: Rubbish keeper, cost us 2 points on Saturday by coming rushing out of his goal like a headless chicken (I'm sure youngen would love him doing that because at least he'd be running round :wink: ) and making the outstanding and consistent Hazell look like a dummy :winkything:

Hines: Rubbish, can't get the pace of a 3rd division game after all of 2 games, never a full back, never a defender, never a footballer. What was Shez thinking of. How the hell has he just got a new 2 1/2 year contract at Boro? :winkything:

Goldbourne: Rubbish, professional footballer who can't kick with his right foot. What's the point of being naturally left footed when you don't have the ability of being 2 footed. Bring back Lomax :winkything:

Hazell: Rubbish, new 2 year contract! What's all that about? Approaching the wrong side of 30 liable to fool his keeper with suicidal pass backs like those against Millwall & Yeovil :winkything:

Gregan: Rubbish, Arrogant overpaid lardarse. No pace, always bollocking others but can't take it himself. :winkything:

Smalley: Rubbish, Headless Chicken (That will be ok then with youngen :wink: ) no final product, too soft, needs to fill out and become harder :winkything:

Allot: Rubbish, he used to be :censored:e and er well he's better than he was, but got no pace, a bit lightweight and needs to get forward and more involved :winkything:

Maher: Rubbish, how he ever played at a higher level god only knows. All that sideways passing to a player in the same coloured shirt. How can you create from that? :winkything:

Taylor: Rubbish, softarse easily taken out of a game by double marking him, goes down too easily. Let Wilson take him to wherever he wants to go just get rid :winkything:

Windass: Rubbish, Premier League your having a laugh! fat b*stard get off - not fit to wear the shirt, clueless :winkything:

Hughes: Rubbish, 3 years inside, he's not the player he was and never will be. If he won't sign a new contract get rid we don't need him. More trouble than he's worth :winkything:

Crossley: Rubbish, too old, only players cause he's a friend of Shez, doesn't come for crosses, might be alright to coach in the future :winkything:

Eardley: Rubbish, can't defend, distribution is woefull, Welsh international haha, £3million I'll drive him there myself :winkything:

Lomax: Rubbish, I'd have him in front of Eardley, but he doesn't get forward his crossing is awful, no wonder Moore let him go :winkything:

Stam: Rubbish, Injury prone, not vocal enough, anyway won't be offered a new deal :winkything:

Jones: Rubbish, never a full back, can't defend, can only be a winger. Why do we need him when Lomax hasn't let us down send him back too Wolves :winkything:

Liddell: Rubbish, past it, Mr Pointer only comes on to get his appearance fee cause he's one of Shez's mates :winkything:

Whittaker: Rubbish. Lightweight, Ok for the 1st 6 games but has been found out now. We need a playmaker/creator not a headless chicken (although that'd be alright with youngen :wink: ) :winkything:

Lee: Rubbish, Captain of yoonited reserves. Can't trap sh*t. 2 games and he disappears. Not a signing Shez wanted so he won't play him :winkything:

Stephens: Rubbish. Why have we paid a transfer fee and he never even gets on the bench. Just plain daft :winkything:

Alessandra: Rubbish, only 4 goals all season & 3 were in 1 match, send him out on loan to get some experience :winkything:

All the others: out on loan/not listed above/injured/not appeared yet: Rubbish not worth a mention :wink:

Just 1 question, how the feck are we 4th and only Leicester have lost less games than us?

Cheers,

Harry

P.S. the above comments are not and are not intended to be attributed to any member of owtb, nor are they meant to cause offence.

P.P.S. The P.S. above is excepted in the case of Youngen who clearly admits to calling Windass a fat b*stard and stating that he is also overpaid. Just to say youngman that there are a number on here who might thing you a young ignorant loudmouth b*stard :wink:

P.P.P.S. Just in case anyone thinks this is anything other than a light hearted post, please note the number of :winkything:'s I've used. Dam site said I'd used too many emotions so I've had to improvise. Haha

I really don't get it. Some are saying that we should support the players, but having read the general concensus on here you have to say: -

Fleming: Rubbish keeper, cost us 2 points on Saturday by coming rushing out of his goal like a headless chicken (I'm sure youngen would love him doing that because at least he'd be running round :wink: ) and making the outstanding and consistent Hazell look like a dummy :winkything:

Hines: Rubbish, can't get the pace of a 3rd division game after all of 2 games, never a full back, never a defender, never a footballer. What was Shez thinking of. How the hell has he just got a new 2 1/2 year contract at Boro? :winkything:

Goldbourne: Rubbish, professional footballer who can't kick with his right foot. What's the point of being naturally left footed when you don't have the ability of being 2 footed. Bring back Lomax :winkything:

Hazell: Rubbish, new 2 year contract! What's all that about? Approaching the wrong side of 30 liable to fool his keeper with suicidal pass backs like those against Millwall & Yeovil :winkything:

Gregan: Rubbish, Arrogant overpaid lardarse. No pace, always bollocking others but can't take it himself. :winkything:

Smalley: Rubbish, Headless Chicken (That will be ok then with youngen :wink: ) no final product, too soft, needs to fill out and become harder :winkything:

Allot: Rubbish, he used to be :censored:e and er well he's better than he was, but got no pace, a bit lightweight and needs to get forward and more involved :winkything:

Maher: Rubbish, how he ever played at a higher level god only knows. All that sideways passing to a player in the same coloured shirt. How can you create from that? :winkything:

Taylor: Rubbish, softarse easily taken out of a game by double marking him, goes down too easily. Let Wilson take him to wherever he wants to go just get rid :winkything:

Windass: Rubbish, Premier League your having a laugh! fat b*stard get off - not fit to wear the shirt, clueless :winkything:

Hughes: Rubbish, 3 years inside, he's not the player he was and never will be. If he won't sign a new contract get rid we don't need him. More trouble than he's worth :winkything:

Crossley: Rubbish, too old, only players cause he's a friend of Shez, doesn't come for crosses, might be alright to coach in the future :winkything:

Eardley: Rubbish, can't defend, distribution is woefull, Welsh international haha, £3million I'll drive him there myself :winkything:

Lomax: Rubbish, I'd have him in front of Eardley, but he doesn't get forward his crossing is awful, no wonder Moore let him go :winkything:

Stam: Rubbish, Injury prone, not vocal enough, anyway won't be offered a new deal :winkything:

Jones: Rubbish, never a full back, can't defend, can only be a winger. Why do we need him when Lomax hasn't let us down send him back too Wolves :winkything:

Liddell: Rubbish, past it, Mr Pointer only comes on to get his appearance fee cause he's one of Shez's mates :winkything:

Whittaker: Rubbish. Lightweight, Ok for the 1st 6 games but has been found out now. We need a playmaker/creator not a headless chicken (although that'd be alright with youngen :wink: ) :winkything:

Lee: Rubbish, Captain of yoonited reserves. Can't trap sh*t. 2 games and he disappears. Not a signing Shez wanted so he won't play him :winkything:

Stephens: Rubbish. Why have we paid a transfer fee and he never even gets on the bench. Just plain daft :winkything:

Alessandra: Rubbish, only 4 goals all season & 3 were in 1 match, send him out on loan to get some experience :winkything:

All the others: out on loan/not listed above/injured/not appeared yet: Rubbish not worth a mention :wink:

Just 1 question, how the feck are we 4th and only Leicester have lost less games than us?

Cheers,

Harry

P.S. the above comments are not and are not intended to be attributed to any member of owtb, nor are they meant to cause offence.

P.P.S. The P.S. above is excepted in the case of Youngen who clearly admits to calling Windass a fat b*stard and stating that he is also overpaid. Just to say youngman that there are a number on here who might thing you a young ignorant loudmouth b*stard :wink:

P.P.P.S. Just in case anyone thinks this is anything other than a light hearted post, please note the number of :winkything:'s I've used. Dam site said I'd used too many emotions so I've had to improvise. Haha

I agree :winkything:

Cheers,

Harry

I've got to agree Paul.

I am almost certain we will finish the campaign in 8th place.

Shud Windass be in the Setanta studio, wherever it is based, the night b4 a match???

I was thinking the same thing myself. Studio is in London. Windass also said he would be at the Hull game(in Hull) on thurs. Then he will be back down south with the Latics for satday's game. I take it he isn't training this week????? :angry: