Visitor from Holland

No it isn't. I always apologise for a mistake, never for an opinion.

well you do sound like a nice person. And you dont have to appologise because I think your comments are rather funny. Besides that Im having a good time reading all your posts.

Maybe till next week.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon to all of you,

First of all sorry for bothering you. Let me introduce myself first. Im from Holland and I live in a town near Amsterdam and Im a big football fan.

On the 4th of April I will visit your home match against Peterborough with my brother. For no reason I always followed the results of Oldham on the internet and I always had the intention to visit Boundary Park. I was hoping I may ask you some questions about the ground, the pubs near the ground etc. Thanks in advance!

Cheers :OWTB1:

All you need to know:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/oldham_athletic/

Monkeykieran is the man to consult on any public transport questions.
:grin: ive taken that bus a few times now and it aint that bad, cant remember the number though, think it was 4 or 24.

Dutchlatic, I live in Manc and am 50% likely to be going to BP on Saturday, and as I am half Dutch I feel it would be my duty to assist in you getting to BP. Send me a PM if you like.

• 2 weeks later...
...and gullible !
who says he wasn't real? I never said that he was or wasnt, I just offered him advice.

Really some of the people on here need to lighten up and get a grip about what this is about

Message boards aren't here to out people or to try to show people up or be abusive, they are here to share opinions and information. I guess for some people though hiding behind a computer makes them become the different person that they wish they were and release all that tension that otherwise they cant do it their "real" lives.

Each to their own, Im happy to just carry on posting away without prejudice :)

who says he wasn't real? I never said that he was or wasnt, I just offered him advice.

Really some of the people on here need to lighten up and get a grip about what this is about

Message boards aren't here to out people or to try to show people up or be abusive, they are here to share opinions and information. I guess for some people though hiding behind a computer makes them become the different person that they wish they were and release all that tension that otherwise they cant do it their "real" lives.

Each to their own, Im happy to just carry on posting away without prejudice :)

:grin: bit of a tongue in cheek ribbing got you there fella!

Not quite that simple. Although one could, but believe me - if he's blagging he's gone to great lengths to acquire a Dutch network email address - similar to the ones Sky give out to their customers and that - which matches other criteria for the server. If it is blaggery, it really is a piece of work that is for only the truly warped and deranged.

I doubt very much anyone would know that Corus is the next plant to Crown van Gelder papermill in Velsen Noord without living close by.

I am not so sure about that Lags. I just typed in Crown van Gelder in google and got their website.

The directions page says below

Now it is worth a guess, but I do concede a guess.

Do the have Google Street View?

How to reach Crown Van Gelder by car

Coming from Amsterdam you follow the A9 direction Haarlem / Alkmaar.

Leave A9 at junction leading to A22 direction IJmuiden / Beverwijk.

Directly after the Velsertunnel you take the first turn right in direction Beverwijk / Velsen-Noord / Corus.

You follow the signs for Corus.

After the Railway crossing, you turn left onto the Rijk de Waalweg.

Follow this road and you will cross railway again. After 300 metres, at the traffic lights you turn left to Grote Hout- of Koningsweg.

After the next railway crossing you bend to the right onto the Pontweg.

First on your left is the Eendrachtsstraat, follow this road until you see Crown Van Gelder on your right

Edited by singe

I am not so sure about that Lags. I just typed in Crown van Gelder in google and got their website.

The directions page says below

Now it is worth a guess, but I do concede a guess.

Do the have Google Street View?

How to reach Crown Van Gelder by car

Coming from Amsterdam you follow the A9 direction Haarlem / Alkmaar.

Leave A9 at junction leading to A22 direction IJmuiden / Beverwijk.

Directly after the Velsertunnel you take the first turn right in direction Beverwijk / Velsen-Noord / Corus.

You follow the signs for Corus.

After the Railway crossing, you turn left onto the Rijk de Waalweg.

Follow this road and you will cross railway again. After 300 metres, at the traffic lights you turn left to Grote Hout- of Koningsweg.

After the next railway crossing you bend to the right onto the Pontweg.

First on your left is the Eendrachtsstraat, follow this road until you see Crown Van Gelder on your right

Fair enough, I suppose it's an educated guess that.