Lee Hughes Omitted from the Squad

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an SMS saying he's been omitted by Joe Royle from the squad.

Wonder whats gone on there? Is he off on loan somewhere and gone for good?

didnt he go off injured in the week, after having treatment on various occasions in the first half?

didnt he go off injured in the week, after having treatment on various occasions in the first half?

From the tone of the text, suggests something more than an injury. Not too bothered, didn't look injured the other night just his usual running through treacle can't be arsed going through the motions type performance. Strange how Kabba came to life when Hughes went off and how we looked like we actually could be arsed. More to this than meets the eye I reckon. One thing for sure, no-one will take the piss out of Big Joe.

Unless he's injured I find the decision to leave out our best shot at scoring a goal baffling to say the least. Or like us fans have the club accepted we ain't gonna get into the playoff's and go up?. As crazy and daft I know it is, whilst it's still mathematically possible that flame won't die within me.

From the tone of the text, suggests something more than an injury. Not too bothered, didn't look injured the other night just his usual running through treacle can't be arsed going through the motions type performance. Strange how Kabba came to life when Hughes went off and how we looked like we actually could be arsed. More to this than meets the eye I reckon. One thing for sure, no-one will take the piss out of Big Joe.

Tone of a text ! Come on Prozac

Christ I'm sticking up for Hughes. :sick::ohno::wacko:

Unless he's injured I find the decision to leave out our best shot at scoring a goal baffling to say the least. Or like us fans have the club accepted we ain't gonna get into the playoff's and go up?. As crazy and daft I know it is, whilst it's still mathematically possible that flame won't die within me.

according to the os, he is not injured, just no point sitting on the bench.

now that is stupid, if injured fair enough, but he should at least be on the bench.

Exactly, the tone of a text. The commentry on LW at Cheltenham suggested that he was carrying a knock which is why I believe he's been left out of the squad.

As for next season, I reckon the contract offer of a few months ago still stands, but can see him heading for a newly promoted Championship team next season and not us. Definitely good enough for that level still - he's got just short of 20 goals for us, and many of those he's made himself. I think the likes of Lewi and Smalley will be featuring more often, and if Joe's still in charge we'll have a big towering lump amongst them too.

You must remember, Joe knows best!

It's the right move, despite the odd goal here and there he's been disinterested for weeks, and Lewi apart has not forged any sort of partnership with anyone this season - despite having several quality partners, perhaps we are being harsh on the loanees, perhaps the problem was under our noses all the time?

Anyone who was at Cheltenham cannot fail to have noticed how well we played once Lee left the field, it was like a breath of fresh air for the last half hour. Perhaps the rest of the squad are pissed off with him constantly throwing his arms up and his negative gesticulating at service where quite frankly if he moved his arse he could reach more often than not.

Joe is sending out a message, if the effort is not there and youy don't really want to be here, then there's the door. As I said the other night, any Championship club would only sign him out of desperation - he will be back at BP next season with Huddersfield I reckon.

This is bizarre. If he doesn't go today then he's basically been dropped for no real reason. The fact that he probably won't be here next year could be said for a fair few of that squad.

As someone who pays to watch the team I want to see the best players availiable playing and Hughes is our best striker.