Lee Hughes Omitted from the Squad

Whether you agree with the decision or not we wern't scoring even with Hughes in the team. We've tried loads of permutations with different partners in a bid to get a winning formula but so far without success, he's been sat on a contract offer since before Christmas and still hasn't signed it which tells me he's definitely on his way.

The club have been very supportive of Lee throughout his contract and the very least you would expect is a bit of loyalty.

We've offered him a great deal rumoured to be over 4K a week and I really doubt he will get a much better offer even in the championship. Doncaster wern't prepared to pay it and next season he'll be another year older and I'm not sure he'd be pulling up any trees in the division above anyway!!

I think the doubters will now realise that Joe Royle is THE BOSS....No way on this earth would Sheridan have had the balls to drop the leading scorer at any time this season.

I don't think we've given up on the playoffs and just maybe we'll see a different attitude on Saturday. Let's hope we see a few goals from players who actually WANT to play for this club.

Well done Joe Royle!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you agree with the decision or not we wern't scoring even with Hughes in the team. We've tried loads of permutations with different partners in a bid to get a winning formula but so far without success, he's been sat on a contract offer since before Christmas and still hasn't signed it which tells me he's definitely on his way.

The club have been very supportive of Lee throughout his contract and the very least you would expect is a bit of loyalty.

We've offered him a great deal rumoured to be over 4K a week and I really doubt he will get a much better offer even in the championship. Doncaster wern't prepared to pay it and next season he'll be another year older and I'm not sure he'd be pulling up any trees in the division above anyway!!

I think the doubters will now realise that Joe Royle is THE BOSS....No way on this earth would Sheridan have had the balls to drop the leading scorer at any time this season.

I don't think we've given up on the playoffs and just maybe we'll see a different attitude on Saturday. Let's hope we see a few goals from players who actually WANT to play for this club.

Well done Joe Royle!!!!

:applause1:

season over for me. Royle was saying apart from Hughes and Taylor there are no goals in the side - well there definately isnt now!!

Apparently Kabba looked a lot better after Hughes went off, so there might be hope there, ive always rated Kabba and you dont become a bad player overnight.

As for Lewi and Smalley scoring goals ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE

I wouldnt say Royle has given up on the playoffs it depends if he brings someone in before 5 o'clock but if he doesnt the small chance we have got would have gone.

The only good thing to come of this is Royle will be here next season.

Why does it have to mean he's given up? I'd say he's dangling a carrot in front of a few borderline players. Yes Hughes is our best striker, but even he's missing chances he'd have scored earlier in the season. I think Smalley and Kabba can work on Saturday, but who knows........in Joe we trust!

Edited by footy68

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron it says Manager Joe Royle has so far drawn blanks in his moves for a goalscorer his team desperately needs.

He said: “I have made lots of inquiries for players and am still waiting for one or two people to get back to me.

“It is going to be hard to bring in the sort of player I want, but not completely impossible.”

Royle is looking for added firepower, saying his team has hardly looked like scoring in the two games since he returned.

On the OS Joe says he wants to see more of Kabba.

In Tuesday's rarely wrong Chron it said Kabba is confident he can forge a successful strike partnership with Lee Hughes.

“I know he will get goals and it is a case of me trying to link up with him,” he said.

Kabba will be disappointed at Hughes being dropped.

Meanwhile Joe's exploring of options looks to me as though he is planning for next season, when I'm convinced he won't be the manager.

we've tried everyone and anyone with lee and no-one has truly gelled with him. lewis as closest. so maybe it is time we try some other options out. we werent exactly scoring bucketloads with him in the team so i dont think we have anything to lose taking him out.

Well done Joe Royle!!!!

TOO RIGHT!

Sheridan wouldn't have had the guts to drop him; his performances have been lack lustre for too long and its time to give someone else a chance. Thanks for all you've done Lee, but im with Joe on this one.

we've tried everyone and anyone with lee and no-one has truly gelled with him. lewis as closest. so maybe it is time we try some other options out. we werent exactly scoring bucketloads with him in the team so i dont think we have anything to lose taking him out.

The stats prove the most successful partnership.

Liddell on the wing, supplying quality balls for Hughes & Lewi, while they work well through the middle playing off each other to there strengths, surely doesn't taken a genius to work it out, not bringing up that fact our leading assists man is not even on the bench, be interested to see how many goals/games we've lost with those 3 starting up front, and playing more than an hour :disappointed:

Games involving Liddell, Alessendra & Hughes (45mins at least)

- One rogue game was the Millwall game, only Liddell started that, although 3 of the 4 goals came in the last half hour when all three were on the pitch. Goals per game of the team decreases quite a bit each time you take one of them off the pitch.

All Three

Leeds 2-0

Cheltenham 4-0

Colchester 2-2

MK Dons 2-0

Hartlepool 3-3

Huddersfield 1-1

Scunthorpe 3-0

Yeovil 0-2

P 8 W 4 D 3 L 1 SCORED 17

With two of them playing

Tranmere 1-0

Leicester 1-1

Hereford 4-0

Swindon 0-2

Southend 2-1

Northampton 1-0

Walsall 3-2

Brighton 1-1

Peterbrough 2-2

Orient 1-1

Colchester 0-1

MK Dons 2-6

P 12 W 5 D 4 L 3 SCORED 18

With one playing

Stockport 1-3

Bristol 0-2

Crewe 3-0

Carlisle 0-0

Huddersfield 1-1

Hartlepool 2-1

Hereford 0-5

Stockport 3-1

Scunthorpe 0-2

Swindon 0-0

Leicester 0-0

Northampton 2-1

Yeovil 2-2

Bristol Rovers 0-2

Millwall 3-2

Tranmere 0-2

Cheltenham 1-1

Leeds 1-1

P 18 W 5 D 7 L 6 SCORED 19

I agree with the point of view that we are not scoring many goals with him in the side so change it and give someone else a chance but what gets me is not to take him down at all. I know i would prefer him ready to come on on Saturday if there is 15 minutes to go and we desperatley need a goal than any of our other strikers. Its not the dropping him part, its not having him on the bench that reeks to me of giving up.

Edited by eball

Strange one for me.... we drop our top striker when we still have a reasonable chance of the play offs???

So this indicates the club have given up for this season then... just going through the motions... testing players and formations. It would certainly appear so.

How would they feel if the fans reacted in the same way and just didnt bother turning up to any games? I dont get it and I am not happy.

He didnt look happy when he got subbed on tuesday. Probably had a tant, though I dont know why as Lewis did more in 5 minutes than he did the entire time he was on the pitch.

Well done Joe.

yeah... but not even on the bench???