• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe Coco it is to halt the slide over the last 12 years, your so clever with your 3 word responses who would you recommend...........

i don't know who to recommend but i don't want joe.

i think he has been out of the game too long. i don't think it will work out.

As in the Advertiser, Joe Royle will be offered a contract for next season after Saturdays game against Brighton!!

Simon Blitz, chairman, told the Advertiser: "We’re hoping to meet Joe on Saturday night – but don’t forget the decision is up to him as well. We’ll show him what budget we have for next season and, if he’s willing to do it on those figures, then that’s fantastic. We are doing our best. If he says ‘no’ then we have a couple of possible alternatives in mind, but let’s just wait and see."

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Same team, different manager, different tactics, different way of thinking, JR knows that he's going to get a low budget, how low is anybodys guess, he's been around a long long time and has contacts all over, bring players in on season long loans push for promotion OBVIOUSLY then who knows what will happen the season after, promotion to CL brings in more money either to buy in or keep the ones brought in on loan after offering contracts.

Here we go. The "I don't want Joe brigade" are already sharpening their knives and he hasn't even taken the bloody job yet! Christ on a bicycle, what a wonderfully supportive bunch we have here. Of course, it may not work with Joe, but then again, horror of horrors, it just might. Right, all together now, how do you spell o-p-t-i-m-i-s-m. Oh, sod it, I'm wasting my time. Let's see what happens, eh?

By the way, :ktf:

Edited by Bristolatic

Same team, different manager, different tactics, different way of thinking, JR knows that he's going to get a low budget, how low is anybodys guess, he's been around a long long time and has contacts all over, bring players in on season long loans push for promotion OBVIOUSLY then who knows what will happen the season after, promotion to CL brings in more money either to buy in or keep the ones brought in on loan after offering contracts.

Same team, different manager yet same, poor performances. Maybe a fresh start next season is what the team needs because the players look lackluster and uninspired.

Because history aside he is the most experienced, proven, successful manager that we could attract in our wildest dreams... I'd be saying that even if he had achieved what he had previously with other clubs instead of us.

Totally agree , some people think that if we start looking for a new manager we are going to have the likes of Sir Alex sending his CV.

They need to get in the real world.

At the end of the day we are a 3rd division club with a low budget and it will be extremely difficult next season to compete.

We need somebody who can build things on a shoestring and Big Joe has been there / done it .

If he is willing to give it a go then we should ALL be supporting him.

In these "quick fix" times we live in, the "I want, I want and I want it now!" etc.

Wouldn't it be nice to get a rock-steady manager in charge, with the resources of a successful youth system and the finances to bring in the odd experienced, yet still effective, loan player.

Where we could, perhaps, take the time to build a talented team, built on youth and consistency, coupled with a shrewd head in charge of tactics and team selections. A team where "favourites" do not come into the equation. A team where, if a player is under performing, he will be dropped. We might even get a manager who tends to wear his heart on his sleeve and even stoop to telling us if a certain player is going to be dropped or even keep his place in the starting line-up.

He might even say "they might score three, but we'll score four!"

Oh, wait a minute......

In these "quick fix" times we live in, the "I want, I want and I want it now!" etc.

Wouldn't it be nice to get a rock-steady manager in charge, with the resources of a successful youth system and the finances to bring in the odd experienced, yet still effective, loan player.

Where we could, perhaps, take the time to build a talented team, built on youth and consistency, coupled with a shrewd head in charge of tactics and team selections. A team where "favourites" do not come into the equation. A team where, if a player is under performing, he will be dropped. We might even get a manager who tends to wear his heart on his sleeve and even stoop to telling us if a certain player is going to be dropped or even keep his place in the starting line-up.

He might even say "they might score three, but we'll score four!"

Oh, wait a minute......

I for one don't think you are Blue_tak, so many are shooting him down even before he has got his teeth stuck into the team, if anybody cares to remember Strawberry nose went 3 seasons without a trophy, the way some call Him on here he'll be strung up on the 1st lampost on Sheepfoot lane

I completely agree with your post by the way, however Joe wasn't innocent from this charge during his last spell with us.

But yeah, rest of your post... spot on.

I suppose no manager is. It's just Joe's apparent honesty that I like. For instance, he has said that Lee will definitely start at Brighton.

Royle was impressed with Kieran Lee, who made only his third appearance of the season.

The Athletic chief says the former Manchester United midfielder will keep his place in the team at the Withdean Stadium on Saturday.

It's the praise, rather than the criticism that makes the difference for me.

Alright, he might say that the team didn't perform etc., but I can't feel any malice or direction of blame in the comment, only a "we''ll look at the problem and get it sorted" attitude.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just the sense of confidence rather than inadequacy that Joe Royle offers. No disrespect to Sheridan, but he's got a lot to learn before he reaches the peaks that Royle has achieved.

I for one don't think you are Blue_tak, so many are shooting him down even before he has got his teeth stuck into the team, if anybody cares to remember Strawberry nose went 3 seasons without a trophy, the way some call Him on here he'll be strung up on the 1st lampost on Sheepfoot lane

Yes I am...that's my name.

Ferguson? And the comparisons are....?

Top or bottom?

Sorry to be sarcastic, it's just your prose and your lack of grammar that throws me. :grin:

I think the ones shooting him down are the "I want, I want it now" brigade, or, maybe they are correct in the assumption that it never works the second time around and that we need to be looking elsewhere for our "Messiah".

Yes I am...that's my name.

Ferguson? And the comparisons are....?

Top or bottom?

Sorry to be sarcastic, it's just your prose and your lack of grammar that throws me. :grin:

I think the ones shooting him down are the "I want, I want it now" brigade, or, maybe they are correct in the assumption that it never works the second time around and that we need to be looking elsewhere for our "Messiah".

Sorry I didn't realise that when I joined this site that I had to grammatically correct on every statement I posted. :grin:

If he doesn't deliver next season how long will it be before the "Royle out" chanting starts??

The comparison to Ferguson was to how many seasons JR would be given to take us up a league.

"I want it, I want it now" brigade, or, it doesnt work second second time round- I am siding with the- it doesnt work the second time round to a certain degree but just remain hopeful in that he can deliver.

I suppose no manager is. It's just Joe's apparent honesty that I like. For instance, he has said that Lee will definitely start at Brighton.

It's the praise, rather than the criticism that makes the difference for me.

Alright, he might say that the team didn't perform etc., but I can't feel any malice or direction of blame in the comment, only a "we''ll look at the problem and get it sorted" attitude.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just the sense of confidence rather than inadequacy that Joe Royle offers. No disrespect to Sheridan, but he's got a lot to learn before he reaches the peaks that Royle has achieved.

This is Joe Royle in a nutshell. He is also much more positive than his predecessor. A pleasure to listen to him speak on Latics World.