Darlington....

If they don't agree to another wage defferal on 21st April they are free to give 14 days notice and walk from the club free men on May 5th, whether they are under contract or not. This also includes Dave Penney.

Jason Kennedy please. Only in his early 20's. Look's class everytime i've seen him and far too good to be playing League 2 football.

Dave Penney wouldnt be a bad appointment as manager either.

If they don't agree to another wage defferal on 21st April they are free to give 14 days notice and walk from the club free men on May 5th, whether they are under contract or not. This also includes Dave Penney.

Jason Kennedy please. Only in his early 20's. Look's class everytime i've seen him and far too good to be playing League 2 football.

Dave Penney wouldnt be a bad appointment as manager either.

Agree with jason kennedy

Disagree with dave penney

If he couldnt take doncaster that extra mile into the championship with all their funds how the hell is he going to do it here on peanuts

• 2 weeks later...
Agree with jason kennedy

If he couldnt take doncaster that extra mile into the championship with all their funds how the hell is he going to do it here on peanuts

i object to this comment he was never on me lol

I've always rated him, but I don't after seeing him on TV today. He looked overweight and un-fit to me.

The lad Kennedy however was class.

Abbott is still only in his mid-late 20s (27?) I mentioned this a few weeks back in the pub, get him fit and he can be awesome - he's had his injury problems over the last two years but get the lad fit, perhaps invite him for pre-season training and if he's up to it i'd be willing for us to offer him a deal. I reckon it wouldn't take much out of the budget AND he's got local roots having played for Preston, Bury and Hudds.

Edited by oafcprozac

Agree with jason kennedy

Like i said on previous thread, not my first choice, but unlike some im not sharpening my knives, will back him to the hilts.

Considering some of the other names on the list, ie Adams, Robins, etc, could have been much worse.

Abbott is still only in his mid-late 20s (27?) I mentioned this a few weeks back in the pub, get him fit and he can be awesome - he's had his injury problems over the last two years but get the lad fit, perhaps invite him for pre-season training and if he's up to it i'd be willing for us to offer him a deal. I reckon it wouldn't take much out of the budget AND he's got local roots having played for Preston, Bury and Hudds.

31 mate,agree though he could do a job for us.

I've been saying Penney since Shez got sacked. Infact, I think I was on my own in the beginning.

Always liked Penney's side. Even more so after those two playoff games last season. They (darlo) were and always have been under him a quality side. The key factor for them is that they are always a well organised outfit who play some neat football. All his players seem comfortable on the ball and comfortable in the players around them.

I am just hoping the first thing he does is bring Jason Kennedy with him.

I've made up my mind on the back of this. For the first time in about 4/5 years - I'm getting a season ticket next season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_bte2sK9zI

Penney's interview techniques. Mentions about last season on how they got to the playoffs despite massive injuries that saw them with a 15 year old named on the bench. They would of been in the playoffs or there abouts this season had it not been for the points deduction

DAVE PENNEY'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY!!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I've been saying Penney since Shez got sacked. Infact, I think I was on my own in the beginning.

Always liked Penney's side. Even more so after those two playoff games last season. They (darlo) were and always have been under him a quality side. The key factor for them is that they are always a well organised outfit who play some neat football. All his players seem comfortable on the ball and comfortable in the players around them.

I've made up my mind on the back of this. For the first time in about 4/5 years - I'm getting a season ticket next season.

Penney's interview techniques. Mentions about last season on how they got to the playoffs despite massive injuries that saw them with a 15 year old named on the bench. They would of been in the playoffs or there abouts this season had it not been for the points deduction

good lad :wink:

Since Shez was sacked, pah Rocky! A quick use of the search facility

BB80 threatened us of PEnney in April 2008

To You "Sheridan Outers"................A Call To Arms!

boundaryblue80

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Apr 5 2008, 02:00 AM

Rick Holden

Group: OWTB Member

Member No.: 970

My "Shez out" mate wants Dave Penney in.

So BB80, can you name you're mate, bet he wiashede he'd had a tenner on it.

PS, I did also find your post Rocky!

yes i was all for gannon and indifferent about penney, but the more ive looked into him and read others' views on him as a football person and bloke and through a few interview clips he sounds a good catch to me.

As i doubt most of darlos players will sign other wage deferrals i would expect to see kennedy and ravenhill here in july and as our midfield 2.

i know kennedy is a big guy 6ft 1 and attacking, any other views on his game etc?

Good to see the Northern Echo say he's moving to Lancashire rather than the usual Greater Manchester.

It doesn't surprise me that the Northern Echo uses Lancashire as opposed to Greater Manchester, as in the north east, (especially in the Teesside area), there is a lot of fuss over the county. As Cleveland used up bits of Durham and Yorkshire and then was disbanded in favour of unitary authorities. So those who are up to date will refer to Darlington as its own 'county', some will refer to it as being in Cleveland and some will refer to it being in either Durham or Yorkshire depending on which side of the River Tees they are on.