Southampton

Why the deduction this season and not next?

if they go down this season without the penatly needed then the minus 10 will start next year, if they finish 5th from bottom then the 10 points will be taken off them this year so they will get relegated but start next year on 0 points.

Why the deduction this season and not next?

SSN are reporting that if they get enough points to escape relegation this season the points deduction will be for 2008/09 season.

If they are automatically relegated through accumulation of too few points this season, the deduction will come into force in the 2009/10 season.

Derek.

10 point penalty :grin:

My mate is a Saints fan and is gutted about it, even though he accepts that they deserved it for all Rupert Lowe's attempts at plugging the sinking ship.

Thing is though i dread to think if we had gone into admin a season after we did where we would be now as IIRC we would have been down with the deduction. I think i was Wrexham who ended up going down instead and look where they are now.

Yes clubs should learn to live within their means, but i think the damage has already been done for a lot of them who come down from the Prem and dont get straight back up. Think Saints are in for a long hard season next year. Looking likely to be -10 and nowhere near the resources that Leeds etc have had. My mate fears that they could become the next Luton.

Still they deserve it for making the final day back in 1993 so unbearable!

I don't think these penalties are something we should be finding joy in to be frank...

Exactly, its a shame all these clubs are having points deducted and are going into administration. Its not a nice feeling as we all know when your club is in danger

Its nothing to :grin: about me thinks

Edited by creepy

Exactly, its a shame all these clubs are having points deducted and are going into administration. Its not a nice feeling as we all know when your club is in danger

Its nothing to :grin: about me thinks

agree, they were talking about it on five live earlier on and the crowds went down by about 6000 in the last 12 months, which in the end didnt help.

Looking forward to going to The Valley and St.Mary's next season, couple of grounds I've not been to so far and very good stadiums at that.

Flybe fly from Manchester to Southampton, might be worth looking into when the fixture list comes out.

A few of us have had Southampton penned down as the weekend away trip of 09/10.

Cue the league putting it as a midweek game when they release the fixtures.

Potentially a few decent 'by the sea' type games isn't there? Exeter, Norwich (for Great Yarmouth), Brighton staying up...

Potentially a few decent 'by the sea' type games isn't there? Exeter, Norwich (for Great Yarmouth), Brighton staying up...

:blink:

Errr.... If Exeter is by the sea, the Bristol Rovers game must take place on an island!

:wink:

Also - no one should ever have the mispleasure of going to Great Yarmouth....

Don't know why people are smiling, League One just got infinitely harder next season.

Charlton

Southampton

Possibly Norwich or Forest

Three out of Leeds/MKDons/Scunthorpe/Millwall

Huddersfield who are spending the money

Worst case scenario:

Charlton

Southampton

Norwich

Leeds

MK Dons

Scunthopre

Huddersfield

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Why not? We should be glad, if we carry on next season in the same form as we have ended this season then it might make a difference to our chances of staying up.

Its this inwardly selfish and frankly idiotic thinking by football fans that has lead us to this point in footballs history.... Look at the bigger picture... We moan at the premier league for not giving a stuff about the football league... The football league dosent give a stuff about the football league!!!

Don't know why people are smiling, League One just got infinitely harder next season.

This line....again....

Still can't see Leeds on 100pts, pissing this league...which was supposed to happen now they didn't have a 15pt deduction this season.

Southampton have masses of debt...they'll be the next Forest or Weds...mediocre at 1st and probably strong in a few seasons time. Fear not though, you can put them in your list of teams in 12mths time when saying how tough the 2010/11 season will be.