Changes to Latics World

Hi,

Just a bit of information concerning Latics World. Perform Group (our service providers) will be making a number of changes to the service at some point this summer (I can't confirm exactly when as yet).

Basically the whole World site will be revamped to give users a more modern experience. This will include a number of upgrades:

- All interviews and highlights videos posted going forward will be 16:9 widescreen;

- Video quality (streaming and download) will be improved and upgraded;

- Sound quality also upgraded;

- Audio streams improved and moved away from Windows Media Player, meaning a more reliable service and near-DAB quality;

- (A big one) The video player will now be based on a Flash platform, meaning Apple Mac users will be able to access Latics World;

- A number of other improvements which I don't have to hand at the moment.

Hopefully this will represent a massive step forward for the club's multimedia services.

Cheers,

Stu

OAFC

Hi,

Just a bit of information concerning Latics World. Perform Group (our service providers) will be making a number of changes to the service at some point this summer (I can't confirm exactly when as yet).

Basically the whole World site will be revamped to give users a more modern experience. This will include a number of upgrades:

- All interviews and highlights videos posted going forward will be 16:9 widescreen;

- Video quality (streaming and download) will be improved and upgraded;

- Sound quality also upgraded;

- Audio streams improved and moved away from Windows Media Player, meaning a more reliable service and near-DAB quality;

- (A big one) The video player will now be based on a Flash platform, meaning Apple Mac users will be able to access Latics World;

- A number of other improvements which I don't have to hand at the moment.

Hopefully this will represent a massive step forward for the club's multimedia services.

Cheers,

Stu

OAFC

+1 LW subscription already :D

What about Linux users with Firefox browsers ?. It's time to stop this Internet Explorer monopoly. Better download links would be appreciated for browsers other than IE.

As we are moving away from Microsoft DRM (anti-piracy), World (as far as I am aware) will be fully accessible in all browsers as long as Flash is installed.

Stu

What about Linux users with Firefox browsers ?. It's time to stop this Internet Explorer monopoly. Better download links would be appreciated for browsers other than IE.

You lost me when you said hello!

Me too........ I hope all this will stop our defensive lapses next season though :grin:

Latics World on my Mac..... woooohoooooo! My subscription will continue after all. Stu, do you know if this is true for the Live commentary also or just the video content (Mac compatible)?

Great news.

Pete

Latics World on my Mac..... woooohoooooo! My subscription will continue after all. Stu, do you know if this is true for the Live commentary also or just the video content (Mac compatible)?

Great news.

Pete

Pete,

Everything (audio, video) will be compatible with Mac.

Stu

Admittedly on Vista I could use LW on Firefox anyway.

Stu,

Does that mean I can get LW on my iphone? I'm interested in the (legendary) commentary mostly. Video highlights would be a bonus.

Thanks.

Stu,

Does that mean I can get LW on my iphone? I'm interested in the (legendary) commentary mostly. Video highlights would be a bonus.

Thanks.

I don't think iPhones can play flash video through Safari can they?

This is great news, I'll now get LW on my old Betamax video, the one with old cash register till keys for lever buttons. One thing you didn't mention Stu, who will be paying for these upgrades?................................. oh yes, silly me, US!!!

Edited by Lags