Greegs released

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:ranting:

I'm livid. Seems to me like Penney might be looking to get his Darlington League 2 play-off team out in Latics shirts.

Little chance of replacing Greegs - and even if we did it's unlikely that the replacement would be as good to watch, which is very important to me.

Legend of our time in League 1.

What do you mean? Everyone?

Everyone who is out of contract should go, as should some of the people under contract. It is my personal opinion that only 5 or so of the current squad should stay.

Single most outstanding performance from an oppo player at BP this season. Closely followed by the big turd from Walsall.

Got to give that one to Ronnie Bore, Savage used to be a clown but he has really improved this year and became a nuisance

I'm livid. Seems to me like Penney might be looking to get his Darlington League 2 play-off team out in Latics shirts.

Little chance of replacing Greegs - and even if we did it's unlikely that the replacement would be as good to watch, which is very important to me.

Part of me agrees with you but part of me says lets give the guy a chance

would that be such a bad thing considering aprt from the first 8 games,the shower of :censored: we have had to put up with this season.

there has been a collective opinion on here that these players just arent good enough...yet when the new manager comes in and starts wheeling out the mediocre players we have all lambasted one way or another over this season,people arent happy....why????

Not sad to see him go, only decent run of form he had with us was during his loan spell where he was immense, since then he's been very suspect at times despite trying push the blame for his mistakes on to other people, the bollocking he gives out on the pitch can't (and haven't helped tbf) our yopunger players.

Now for Allott........................

Not sad to see him go, only decent run of form he had with us was during his loan spell where he was immense, since then he's been very suspect at times despite trying push the blame for his mistakes on to other people, the bollocking he gives out on the pitch can't (and haven't helped tbf) our yopunger players.

Now for Allott........................

Not the Rat :o

would that be such a bad thing considering aprt from the first 8 games,the shower of :censored: we have had to put up with this season.

there has been a collective opinion on here that these players just arent good enough...yet when the new manager comes in and starts wheeling out the mediocre players we have all lambasted one way or another over this season,people arent happy....why????

Erm, I don't consider Gregan to be a mediocre player. Also, I have no qualms with anybody else leaving including Hughes who I was happy to see the back of on playing grounds alone.

:unsure:

I'd like to hear collective Latics opinion of a group of players who finished just a few places higher than us.....in the league below.

And yes Zorro, legend of our time in league 1. He captained us, was immense 80-90% of the time, always gave everything and was often entertaining. He was also as hard as I've seen at Latics in a long while....

I said in 'the retained list' thread

I think when the retained list is announced there will definitely be a few surprises and definitely a few decisions that will upset some fans.

Looks like I was bang on :grin:

On a serious note, right move in my opinion. At the end of the day we are talking about a defence that has leaked 65 goals this season. Would not surprise me to see penney bring in 2 new centre halves and have ruby as backup

Very sad to see him go, I thought he might have got another year (and definately would have done had Joe stayed).

He has been immense for us in his time at BP, I've often thought during games he was the only player we had that was stopping us being bullied and out muscled in every department of the field.

I can also to a large extent see the reasons for his release, at his age and with a new manager intent on bringing in his own players, a good few more will be leaving too over the next few days.

Good luck for the future Sean, Latics Legend.

And yes Zorro, legend of our time in league 1. He captained us, was immense 80-90% of the time, always gave everything and was often entertaining. He was also as hard as I've seen at Latics in a long while....

I may not agree with your opinion, but I'll fight to the death for your right to voice it.

I'd like to hear collective Latics opinion of a group of players who finished just a few places higher than us.....in the league below.

No evidence yet that they're joining en masse! I'd be worried if more thsan a couple were thought good enough.

Agreed. Best dominating centre back since Clint Hill.

Erm, I don't consider Gregan to be a mediocre player. Also, I have no qualms with anybody else leaving including Hughes who I was happy to see the back of on playing grounds alone.

:unsure:

at the end of the day he is almost 36 years old,and no matter how good a header of the ball he is,or how "hard" he is...he will get done for speed 90% of the games we play.

we have leaked goals this season far too many times,and although you cant put them all down to him,he has been in the limelight more often than not for making a mistake.

whilst for the majority of the time he has been fine,we cant have any sentiment towards underachieving players who command a good wage and give little in return.

dave penny hasnt seen enough of him to make a decision so im assuming he has gone off big joes dossier of who is and who isnt good enough,and used his own thoughts that at 36,he is too old for us if were going to be going forward as a club and a team.

i have nothing against greegan,but it is time to move on and we could use his wage wiser.

we have leaked goals this season far too many times,and although you cant put them all down to him,he has been in the limelight more often than not for making a mistake.

I think you'll find that Hazell has been costing us nearly a goal a game over the last few weeks of the season.