Greegs released

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sms

Thanks for your service Sean, good luck with getting fixed up. Time to move on.

out with the old n in with the new eh.

big thanks for what you have done and tried to do for us over 3 years,hope you get sorted out.

hope mr penny has a plan,he seems to have,lol

out with the old n in with the new eh.

big thanks for what you have done and tried to do for us over 3 years,hope you get sorted out.

hope mr penny has a plan,he seems to have,lol

As long as that plan doesn't include 'Roobs' as the mainstay of our defence we'll be ok. I can see why Seany boy had to go, he's 36 after-all and probably on a decent wage - so frees up a good wage and another (allegedly) bad egg in the dressing room. He will still do a bloody good job for someone in this league or below. I wouldn't expect him to move to far with his local 'links'.

Anyone getting a bit worried that we have let all our experience leave? Crossley, Greegs, Lidds, Slaphead?

As long as that plan doesn't include 'Roobs' as the mainstay of our defence we'll be ok. I can see why Seany boy had to go, he's 36 after-all and probably on a decent wage - so frees up a good wage and another (allegedly) bad egg in the dressing room. He will still do a bloody good job for someone in this league or below. I wouldn't expect him to move to far with his local 'links'.

Anyone getting a bit worried that we have let all our experience leave? Crossley, Greegs, Lidds, Slaphead?

rubes has been struggling with a groin injury for the last 6 weeks,could explain a few of his erm...lax moments shall we say,lol

agree on the wage thing,i think we will be going for players around the 26 27 year bracket who are big and strong and can run,on his day greegs was immense,but at 36 too old to build a defence round.

if hes gone i fully expect stam to go as well.

Did not take Penney long to have a massive impact, I think it will be the first of many. I would not be unhappy if he realesed them all - a complete new start

Best of luck to you sean

Sms

Thanks for your service Sean, good luck with getting fixed up. Time to move on.

I had a feeling Greegs would get released. It was mentioned that he should be kept, but on reduced terms and personally i dont think Greegs would ever accept that.

While i think he is a good player, im quite pleased that he's going. I just think the whole dressing room could do without the likes of him, Hughes etc. I think its probably quite likely that Foster will be coming in from Darlo then and probs as skipper.

Next season is a fresh start, and obviously DP has wanted to rid the club of disruption. I can see Greegs ending up somewhere else in this League. Wouldnt suprise me in the slightest to see him end up at Bindipper Park!

On balance I think it's the right move. Age, pace, and presumably wage all counted against him. Thanks for the 93 games, good luck with the next move.

It does concern me a little that we're losing experienced players - but they were all on the far side of experienced, and I'd imagine on a few bob. I suspect Penney plans to line up a few late twenty-somethings on lower wages.

Thanks Seany still think he would have give us one more great year,

We will struggle to replace him IMO

Yeah agree, four things we need for next season for me Dominant Centre-Back, Big bugger up front, ball player in centre mid and a left-back!

I'm sure ther are replacements planned. We still have Allott and Rubes but yeah we will need a little more experience to help the youngsters through. A little disappointed we've released Gregan, but I can see why, big wage and not getting any younger, still, a superb defender and one of my favourite players of recent years, truly no nonsense.

Thanks for everything Greegs.

So it looks like the squad is gonna be changed dramatically this season, who else to go? At least this means we have some wages to play with for new players coming in.

Did not take Penney long to have a massive impact, I think it will be the first of many. I would not be unhappy if he realesed them all - a complete new start

Best of luck to you sean

What do you mean? Everyone?