Best of luck Stu!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely gutted!

He has made the website worth checking every day over the last few years, definatly deserves the credit he gets for the website and I wish him look to wherever he's off! :biker:

:icon_gay:

You need to get a life mate.

I never really rated him to be honest. Afterall, let's face facts - you could train a Chimpanzee to update the website if you drip fed it information from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish him any harm - but I thought that he was unresponsive. I still wish him all the best in the future, but can't say that I am "Genuinely guted" :blink:

I never really rated him to be honest. Afterall, let's face facts - you could train a Chimpanzee to update the website if you drip fed it information from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish him any harm - but I thought that he was unresponsive. I still wish him all the best in the future, but can't say that I am "Genuinely guted" :blink:

Stu speaks very highly of you, rick :grin:

To be fair, when he was away you did notice. Sloppier writing, less updates and errors cropping up. His match reports were well written too.

:tumbleweed:

When he was away you could see the drop in standard and content! Also its not just what he writes, but the hours he put in to the job. Often working late into the night covering the reserves, putting LW highlights up on a Sunday, after working all week and the majority of Saturday to!

Edited by kellys_discopants

:whoosh: ?

Our loss is someone elses gain.

Was very shocked when i heard yesterday that you were going, i could see you becoming the next Gordon or Alan getting the silver clock......I said CLOCK :grin:

Good luck mate, hope it works out for you.

Dont forget your muffins in your new home :wink:

By looking at other clubs' websites it's clear that ours is one of the best. There's up to date material, it responds to issues emerging elsewhere (e.g. from here or in the media), and it's well presented. The work that Stu has put in has been excellent - and credit to AH and others for recognising the importance of the website and giving Stu backing.

His track record and portfolio on the OS has impressed a Premier League club - can't be doing too much wrong.

So is anyone on here going to apply for the job?

Think you've got what it takes to fill the shoes of the Oldham Athletic WebMonkey position?

What skills do you reckon you'd need? APART from being able to type and use a spell checker?

Think you've got what it takes to fill the shoes of the Oldham Athletic WebMonkey position?

What skills do you reckon you'd need? APART from being able to type and use a spell checker?

Don't know what's up your arse Rick, but you're being very rude about Stu. Cut it out. Now.

Did he give your missus a good piping or something Rick? I suspect the terms and conditions on offer make it a job that only a fan would be interested in, fingers crossed we get another guy in who doesn't have a social life to get in the way

(sorry Stu!)

Don't know what's up your arse Rick, but you're being very rude about Stu. Cut it out. Now.

It is only my opinion. There is no need to be patronising.

Like I say, don't wish him any harm, but do think that all this arse kissing is going over the top.

I don't think that the position he held was especially challenging - OK?

And yet by calling someone who's worked tirelessly for the club for three years a Webmonkey is exceptionally patronising and incredibly rude.

What do you do for a living Rick? Want us to come to the people who deal with your output and mock you? No? OK.

Like I say, don't wish him any harm, but do think that all this arse kissing is going over the top.

I don't think that the position he held was especially challenging - OK?

Granted Rick, certainly I (being the OP) wasn't arsekissing so much. I was acknowledging that he did a decent job and wish him all the best.

As for not especially challenging, well I think it's a unique role, in that you're required to work during hours when most other similar jobs don't and like someone else has said, when you look at a lot of the other sites in the leagues ours is better by far.