Best of luck Stu!

The problem is rick, anybody coulld do the job. I am sure anybody could do your job, even though I have no idea what it is.

It is the quality of the output that is respected on here, becasue the simple fact is that is it not easy to make the reports and site readable and interesting within the tight parameters.

A bit like, some posts on here are more interesting than other...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick if you mock an IT geek on a chat site that some people spend their whole lives on, your going to get a reaction.

He types words onto a website, fair play well done. Not sure we'll struggle to replace him.

And thats the thanks people get for providing the fans of OAFC with good, upto date news! As the saying goes, if youve nothing good to say then dont say anything at all :) . Typing words into a website :lol: if thats all you think he does than youre very much mistaken, makes me laugh how people make such silly comments without actually knowing the full details of Stu`s job.

All in all, i fail to see the need why one or two people need to take such a personal stance against the guy, if you dont think hes done a good job or he`s easily replacable then fair enough, but theres no need to come on and start with the personal abuse.

Edited by kellys_discopants

All the best stu! Look We're all mates on here with a common interest so lets not turn it into the big brother house! I did bump into stu about a month ago in rochdale and had a chat with him he seemed a nice bloke who loves his job and proud of his achievements..AND don't forget he was a latics ball boy back in the day.... :)

IT Geek, WebMonkey, etc.

I'm sure he's crying tears of horror reading a couple of slang terms for someone who's career is based on IT.

Don't know about you, but that kind of :censored: became water off a ducks back from the age of about five with me.

NB. Best of luck. Can't say I really read the website anymore though, as they are all (club websites) in general a bit pap.

It is only my opinion. There is no need to be patronising.

Like I say, don't wish him any harm, but do think that all this arse kissing is going over the top.

I don't think that the position he held was especially challenging - OK?

Sorry but you're being really disrespectful to somebody who has put a lot of time and effort in to his job. I don't know what you do for a living but I'm pretty sure that you don't put the time, effort and skill into your job. By you saying that you 'don't think the job was particularly challenging' is more of a slur on you than him, because you are obviously talking out of your backside.

Anyway good luck Stu and all the best for the future, you'll be missed. Hopefully there will be someone out there who can do the job with as much enthusiasm.

I can see Rick's point here (although he did go a little bit too far).

How will he be missed?! He may be missed by the people he works with. I certainly won't miss him though. However, someone else is guna come in and do the same job.

It's as if one of the players is leaving

I can see Rick's point here (although he did go a little bit too far).

How will he be missed?! He may be missed by the people he works with. I certainly won't miss him though. However, someone else is guna come in and do the same job.

It's as if one of the players is leaving

You and Rick better lock your doors and windows tonight MaskedOwl. sleep with one eye open boys cos the SVAS will be after you! :unsure:

Oi Mr Administrator. Read back on my posts. I am not calling him a WebMonkey, I am calling into question the skills that you need to be able to do the job that everyone is lauding about so much.

What do I do for a living? What has it got to do with you? Does my job effect you and your interaction with the football club? No it doesn't. Don't make this personal - I have a right to my opinion just like everyone else does - just because I don't rate someone's output (due to personal experience) doesn't mean that I have to agree with everyone else.

Lots of people on here are saying that we'll miss him - I don't see it personally.

Simples

For a fella who thinks writing on the internet is easy, you're not very good at it. Don't make this personal you say, you have right to an opinion like everyone else. Then in the same sentence you include (due to personal experience) and finally - I don't see it personally. Can you make this a little clearer please? Do you want to make things personal or don't you? So you don't rate the guys output because of personal experience. Is that a personal experience you have had with Stu's work on the website or some chat you had in a pub with a guy who built a website for a friend?

If you are going to jump on a thread where people are wishing luck to somebody who is leaving, and then say that you don't rate them. At least have the balls to back it up with something, rather than just a gut feeling.

Personally I think you're just a tosser, not trying to seem too personal, but i have met 2 people called Rick before. and they were both tossbags.

For a fella who thinks writing on the internet is easy, you're not very good at it. Don't make this personal you say, you have right to an opinion like everyone else. Then in the same sentence you include (due to personal experience) and finally - I don't see it personally. Can you make this a little clearer please? Do you want to make things personal or don't you? So you don't rate the guys output because of personal experience. Is that a personal experience you have had with Stu's work on the website or some chat you had in a pub with a guy who built a website for a friend?

If you are going to jump on a thread where people are wishing luck to somebody who is leaving, and then say that you don't rate them. At least have the balls to back it up with something, rather than just a gut feeling.

Personally I think you're just a tosser, not trying to seem too personal, but i have met 2 people called Rick before. and they were both tossbags.

that is the best argument i have ever heard (and i did a philosophy degree) :grin:

Are you Stu's dad? I dont think Stu will be upset as you are. Some people are talking about our web-site editor or whatever his official title is as if he was our star striker

Course he will be missed.

Someone will come in and may not be able to do the job he does, news could be few and far between, poor quality etc.

He's a Latics fan and that's what I think makes him good at his job, he knows what the fans want to see.

And no...I'm not related to Stu, although its beginning to look that way!

You and Rick better lock your doors and windows tonight MaskedOwl. sleep with one eye open boys cos the SVAS will be after you! :unsure:

That made me laugh and reminded me of this scene in a famous film

For those people who want to know what I do for a living, please feel free to ask someone on here that knows me, but I refuse to get involved.

:bored:

I can't believe this thread, it's beyond a joke. Get it back on track as a well-wishing thread or I'll moderate it.

If you've got nothing decent to say about anybody, don't say it - keep it in your head. You are entitled to that opinion of course, but quite frankly I don't think it's good form to air it.

Cheers,

Matt.

I can't believe this thread, it's beyond a joke. Get it back on track as a well-wishing thread or I'll moderate it.

If you've got nothing decent to say about anybody, don't say it - keep it in your head. You are entitled to that opinion of course, but quite frankly I don't think it's good form to air it.

Cheers,

Matt.

Very happy for you to moderate it Matt

Course he will be missed.

Someone will come in and may not be able to do the job he does, news could be few and far between, poor quality etc.

He's a Latics fan and that's what I think makes him good at his job, he knows what the fans want to see.

And no...I'm not related to Stu, although its beginning to look that way!

I dont think that Stu makes up the news that goes on the website. Surely someone is responsible for telling him what to put on, this will be the same for whoever takes the job.

If the club employ someone to take over this job who aren't able to do it then surely their is a major problem with the recruitment process