Best of luck Stu!

Delfer (and anyone else who clearly just doesn't get it), it's not about being allowed to air an opinion. It's about having the basic decency and politeness to realise that in a thread clearly intended to wish Stu well and thank him for his work at OAFC (a virtual leaving card if you will), it is not the done thing to say "he was crap anyway, anyone could do that job".

That would stand even if it were true, but even more so when both those sentiments (the second in particular, given the job spec now on the OS) are quite obviously such a complete load of bollocks.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delfer (and anyone else who clearly just doesn't get it), it's not about being allowed to air an opinion. It's about having the basic decency and politeness to realise that in a thread clearly intended to wish Stu well and thank him for his work at OAFC (a virtual leaving card if you will), it is not the done thing to say "he was crap anyway, anyone could do that job".

That would stand even if it were true, but even more so when both those sentiments (the second in particular, given the job spec now on the OS) are quite obviously such a complete load of bollocks.

You miss the point - clearly Rick doesn't think he deserved the OTT responses and was just saying so in a blunt way. It comes with the territory on a message board, I doubt if Stu gives a toss if one person has a gripe. Would you expect all feedback about yourself to be 100% gushing all the time.

Do you get the fact that this is a FANS message board??

You miss the point - clearly Rick doesn't think he deserved the OTT responses and was just saying so in a blunt way.

We know he doesn't think he deserved the OTT responses, however he couldn't supply a reason why. I was one of Stu's fiercest critics, but I still had the maturity to give him a nod.

We know he doesn't think he deserved the OTT responses, however he couldn't supply a reason why. I was one of Stu's fiercest critics, but I still had the maturity to give him a nod.

Well it's more mature than ha ha what a load of :censored:e, I'll give you that

Well sure maybe way over the top, but for the context it was placed, I'd say about right - arse licking sycophant? Mods being sycophantic? I'm mates with Rick - his brother is my best friend - and I'm one of Stu's critics. I'm hardly an arse licking sycophant. I was just aware that the job he had was no easier than anybody elses - (although I've no doubt I get paid more than he does, and for less hours too), he made it his own - to a point where we could pinpoint when he was out of the office - and he got recognised for it.

I'm not against opinion - say what you like, but at the very least try to offer some reasoning - and don't get all snotty when your opinion is questioned, and you're asked to explain it.

Well sure maybe way over the top, but for the context it was placed, I'd say about right - arse licking sycophant? Mods being sycophantic? I'm mates with Rick - his brother is my best friend - and I'm one of Stu's critics. I'm hardly an arse licking sycophant. I was just aware that the job he had was no easier than anybody elses - (although I've no doubt I get paid more than he does, and for less hours too), he made it his own - to a point where we could pinpoint when he was out of the office - and he got recognised for it.

I'm not against opinion - say what you like, but at the very least try to offer some reasoning - and don't get all snotty when your opinion is questioned, and you're asked to explain it.

OK Adolf

If that's the best you've got to offer. We'll leave it there.

Seriously, I know it's quiet in close season but you and your half a dozen mates need to understand that your little "clique" is not the ultimate authority on anything Latics. You'll diasgree with my view but it's my perception therefore my reality.

Live and let live.

I'll leave you boys to get on with your squabbles, preferably on another thread say in the taproom where it would be more appropriate.

I just wanted to post on this thread a thanks to Stu for the job he has done with the website. It will be upto the new web master to make sure he isn't missed. His match reports were always "interesting" and certainly offered a different perspective to the rarely wrong, particularly after the departure of our favourite reporter.

It will be interesting to see 2 things now, how Stu's new job goes and how his repalcement does. In terms of the second, I can't wait to read the posts on here :blahblah::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Harry

Not reallly the way I saw it yesterday Matt to be honest. I felt that I was rounded upon because I dared to differ from everyone else's view. I did find the rebuke from Ackey patronising which probably just added fuel to the fire - no hard feelings Ackey.

If explanations and reasoning is what people want, then I am happy to give it (now that the steam has stopped flowing from my ears :grin: )

I have e-mailed the Webmaster both via the official club e-mail address and also by PM on this site, but never had a response without having to chase for one. One time, I even felt that I had to get Alan Hardy involved (which I didn't want to have to and didn't enjoy) just to get a response. This is why I personally think that Stu was unresponsive. I am sure that he has had many things to occupy his time, but a golden rule with any customer facing job role is to respond - even if it is with a message along the lines of "I've got your mail / message; can't respond immediately; will come back as soon as feasible".

As far as the website itself is concerned, it follows the format of all the other Premium TV clubs sites. Therefore, all that really needs to be done is to update the content. The content on our site is good (I can't comment on the quality in relation to other club sites as I don't visit them) and has recently been updated. However, until recently, we still had interviews with Dowie on there. This is the basis of my opinion that the job of Webmaster is a pretty straightforward one.

The term Webmonkey is one that I use lightheartedly as an opposing view to Webmaster - I have worked with Website Administrators in the past and called them Webmonkeys while they called me a Sales Wallah - lighthearted jesting between departments.

Stu is off to pastures new and I am sure that he will be successful. Am I genuinely gutted? No. Do I think that he will be missed? No. Do I think he is replaceable? Yes.

For those who have questioned what I do for a living, here is a very brief background of my career.

Left school at 6th Form level

Worked part time at McDonalds (yes, including cleaning the toilets)

Worked as Trainee Sales for a Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle dealer

Worked as a door to door canvasser in the double glazing industry

Worked as a telesales person selling IT equipment and related accessories and consumables

Worked as a Team Leader for the same company

Joined a large Japanense IT company as Sales Manager

Worked as a Key Account Sales Manager and Field Sales Account Manager

Currently UK Sales Director of same Japanese company.

Hopefully this clarifies my stance and background in a more reasoned and less emotional manner than would have been if I had responsded to some of the posts on this thread yeaterday.

Cheers

Rick

Well page 6 is truly underway and page 7 is coming round, Close Season has nearly finished with Pre Season starting Monday, with the first friendly a fortnight away.

Personally I would like to say thanks for Stu's contributions

It does make Latics Mobile worth checking on a daily basis when away from my desk.

I hope that the replacement makes the change unnoticeably and the regular new content is posted.

Well page 6 is truly underway and page 7 is coming round, Close Season has nearly finished with Pre Season starting Monday, with the first friendly a fortnight away.

Personally I would like to say thanks for Stu's contributions

It does make Latics Mobile worth checking on a daily basis when away from my desk.

I hope that the replacement makes the change unnoticeably and the regular new content is posted.

What is it with all these Owl usernames and avatars popping up out of the woodwork. I was here first :wink:

Not reallly the way I saw it yesterday Matt to be honest. I felt that I was rounded upon because I dared to differ from everyone else's view. I did find the rebuke from Ackey patronising which probably just added fuel to the fire - no hard feelings Ackey.

None at all mate. I think you were out of line and said so. I could have said it in a better way, with hindsight.

Left school at 6th Form level

Worked part time at McDonalds (yes, including cleaning the toilets)

Worked as Trainee Sales for a Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle dealer

Worked as a door to door canvasser in the double glazing industry

Worked as a telesales person selling IT equipment and related accessories and consumables

Worked as a Team Leader for the same company

Joined a large Japanense IT company as Sales Manager

Worked as a Key Account Sales Manager and Field Sales Account Manager

Currently UK Sales Director of same Japanese company.

Still called Rick though, aren't you?

Good luck in the future stu

think the squabbling has been a bit over the top, i understand Rick's views just maybe not the best way to air them, being webmaster of a site like this obviously isnt going to the most difficult job in the world and someone will come in an do the job the job to a similar output that is true but whle you personally might have felt he didnt do a good job many people on here clearly did and want to thank him for his efforts and i think you know that the wording oof your posts was going to create a response were it wasnt neccessary to do so

Sorry - forgot the heavy irony smiley... just a bit of fun (IT sales people are the frequent bane of my professional life...)

I'm over it already, Rick owes me a random insult sometime, which I'm sure he'll deliver... then we'll all be friends. :wink:

Sorry - forgot the heavy irony smiley... just a bit of fun (IT sales people are the frequent bane of my professional life...)

I'm over it already, Rick owes me a random insult sometime, which I'm sure he'll deliver... then we'll all be friends. :wink:

:lol:

Can we all just call a big truce or something? I started this thread off just to tip a nod of acknowledgement for the decent work (In my opinion) Stu has done here. It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I (and it seems) others noticed the consistancy Stu deserved credit for. Whether or not it was a challenging enough role is irrelevant I guess.

But for it to extend to 7 pages of mostly playground bickering, especially from OWTB posters who, to be honest, I expected wouldn't stoop down to that level just epitomises the thing I really dislike football messageboards for. Its crushingly sad I feel.

Rick, noted your 'levelling out' post earlier. Fair do's mate, as Rummy already said.