Best of luck Stu!

I don't think that the position he held was especially challenging - OK?

And you know what the position itself fully entails? Hmm i think not.

Tbh, i dont see much arse-licking, i just see people thanking Stu for all his hard-work and wishing him well in his new job.

Edited by kellys_discopants

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even so, people actually know Stu and the work he puts in, i dont see why you feel the need to belittle him?

I for one, wouldnt have a clue were to start with a website and putting the LW vids online, and yes there is probably some easy way to do it, that doesnt take away all the effort he puts in.

And yet by calling someone who's worked tirelessly for the club for three years a Webmonkey is exceptionally patronising and incredibly rude.

What do you do for a living Rick? Want us to come to the people who deal with your output and mock you? No? OK.

Oi Mr Administrator. Read back on my posts. I am not calling him a WebMonkey, I am calling into question the skills that you need to be able to do the job that everyone is lauding about so much.

What do I do for a living? What has it got to do with you? Does my job effect you and your interaction with the football club? No it doesn't. Don't make this personal - I have a right to my opinion just like everyone else does - just because I don't rate someone's output (due to personal experience) doesn't mean that I have to agree with everyone else.

Lots of people on here are saying that we'll miss him - I don't see it personally.

Simples

apply then..its a doodle.

IYO.

I would LOVE to work for the club. It is something that I would really enjoy. Unfortunately, when I have spoken with people at the club before, the club would not be able to afford to pay the wages that I am earning currently. I am not being big headed or anything as like I say, I'd love to be able to make a difference to my club.

Granted Rick, certainly I (being the OP) wasn't arsekissing so much. I was acknowledging that he did a decent job and wish him all the best.

As for not especially challenging, well I think it's a unique role, in that you're required to work during hours when most other similar jobs don't and like someone else has said, when you look at a lot of the other sites in the leagues ours is better by far.

Granted that it is not a 9 to 5 job Jay and he probably worked lots of hours, many other jobs are similarly not 9 to 5 either.

I just think that everyone is going OTT.

Oi Mr Administrator. Read back on my posts. I am not calling him a WebMonkey, I am calling into question the skills that you need to be able to do the job that everyone is lauding about so much.

What do I do for a living? What has it got to do with you? Does my job effect you and your interaction with the football club? No it doesn't. Don't make this personal - I have a right to my opinion just like everyone else does - just because I don't rate someone's output (due to personal experience) doesn't mean that I have to agree with everyone else.

Lots of people on here are saying that we'll miss him - I don't see it personally.

Simples

You suggested he could be replaced by a Webmonkey - thus insinuating he's a Webmonkey. It was derogatory.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm happy for you to say something along the lines of your "I don't think that the position he held was especially challenging" comment. But you took it too far too fast. It was uncalled for. "Lots of people on here are saying that we'll miss him - I don't see it personally." is another perfectly acceptable statement.

You just seemed to be being rude when you clearly have the ability to get your point across without being so. It's well known that Stu reads this board and it was, IMO, out of order.

You suggested he could be replaced by a Webmonkey - thus insinuating he's a Webmonkey. It was derogatory.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm happy for you to say something along the lines of your "I don't think that the position he held was especially challenging" comment. But you took it too far too fast. It was uncalled for. "Lots of people on here are saying that we'll miss him - I don't see it personally." is another perfectly acceptable statement.

You just seemed to be being rude when you clearly have the ability to get your point across without being so. It's well known that Stu reads this board and it was, IMO, out of order.

I disagree. I believe that you took it personally and decided to use the fact that you are an Administrator to try and bully me into retracting my view.

End of the matter as far as I am concerned

Edited by Rick

I disagree. I believe that you took it personally and decided to use the fact that you are an Administrator to try and bully me into retracting my view.

Rubbish. He's doing what mods do - make sure this place is fair to all. You were the one who made personal comments.

i agree..quit while the hole you're digging is still shallow enough to clamber out.

So is anyone on here going to apply for the job?

Think you've got what it takes to fill the shoes of the Oldham Athletic WebMonkey position?

What skills do you reckon you'd need? APART from being able to type and use a spell checker?

Don't make this personal -

Yet you did insulting Stu calling him a webmonkey?