Best of luck Stu!

Yeah.

Good luck to the man. The quality of content and writing has been noticeably better while Stu's been around (and the typo-littered stories and lack of mobile site updates when he's not around just make the good stuff more noticeable).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this thread, it's beyond a joke. Get it back on track as a well-wishing thread or I'll moderate it.

If you've got nothing decent to say about anybody, don't say it - keep it in your head. You are entitled to that opinion of course, but quite frankly I don't think it's good form to air it.

Cheers,

Matt.

Davies was crap

Hughes is great

Penney Out

Shez In

:wink:

that is the best argument i have ever heard (and i did a philosophy degree) :grin:

I used to have a cast iron theory that everyone called Hayley is fit, I went years without it ever letter me down. It took a blow with that feller off Corry but sometimes you have to accept the bad times to appreciate the good ones.

I used to have a cast iron theory that everyone called Hayley is fit, I went years without it ever letter me down. It took a blow with that feller off Corry but sometimes you have to accept the bad times to appreciate the good ones.

Good call...that dam scarf covering the adams apple

That made me laugh and reminded me of this scene in a famous film

For those people who want to know what I do for a living, please feel free to ask someone on here that knows me, but I refuse to get involved.

Ohhhh you sound so mysterious. I know what you do anyway, you're Rick Astley aren't you? Hence the reluctance to let people know what you do.

I was sat waiting for a meeting to kick off once, with people arriving at a snails pace and nobody saying anything for a few minutes, when out of nowhere my guvnor’s guvnor said, “That Jaswinder’s a :censored: ,“ with some emphasis. These days I have dealings with Jaswinder on a monthly basis, and I am very firmly of the opinion that yes, he really is a total :censored: . So although there is only one of them in the sample, he has been tested twice, so on that basis should I assume that all Jaswinders are :censored:s?

Soemone who does a job the same as Stu apparently

:wink: I hope you're not stirring this honey pot again Mark :grin:

I only ever dealt with him once and he didn't really create a great impression - never followed up a simple 'relevant' story for publicity for the club - however the web site is pretty good i guess and it was recognised.

Don't know him, so i won't really mean it if i say good luck.

Pre - seasons a great time isn't it <_<

Tell you what, why don't we accept that the fact Stu is leaving us for a Premiership club might reflect quite positively on his ability?

Congrats on the new job, Stu and good luck for the future. Only spoke with you once, but I reckon you're pretty bloody good at this media lark for a twelve year old... :grin:

Tell you what, why don't we accept that the fact Stu is leaving us for a Premiership club might reflect quite positively on his ability?

have you seen the job description on the OS?

"whilst delivering strong financial results across all media streams.....

They will also oversee the club's successful Latics World online TV service, including filming interviews with players and staff and editing footage in Adobe Premiere.......

Driving revenue ......

a press officer role as well as acting as the main contact for the club's IT suppliers......

University degree is preferable....

solid journalistic credentials.....

Experience of working with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop......

A working knowledge of basic HTML ......"

looks dead easy that... a tough act to follow

have you seen the job description on the OS?

"whilst delivering strong financial results across all media streams.....

They will also oversee the club's successful Latics World online TV service, including filming interviews with players and staff and editing footage in Adobe Premiere.......

Driving revenue ......

a press officer role as well as acting as the main contact for the club's IT suppliers......

University degree is preferable....

solid journalistic credentials.....

Experience of working with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop......

A working knowledge of basic HTML ......"

looks dead easy that... a tough act to follow

Could you break that down in to more than one thread? Yes. Try harder! We're aiming for six pages here! :lol:

I dont think that Stu makes up the news that goes on the website. Surely someone is responsible for telling him what to put on, this will be the same for whoever takes the job.

If the club employ someone to take over this job who aren't able to do it then surely their is a major problem with the recruitment process

The Webmaster will have specific responsibility for ensuring the club's fans have a first-class online experience whilst delivering strong financial results across all media streams.

Technically knowledgeable and with strong writing skills, the successful candidate will have a keen eye for a story and be capable of coming up with new, appealing content ideas.

The webmaster will have sole responsibility for keeping all areas of the website fresh and current, including club news, player interviews, features, match reports and more.

He did you know, well the Dave Penney Stories... but not the Dave Penny stories :wink:

Good Luck, Stu

I don't agree with what Rick's opinion, I always found Stu competent and helpful to deal with, on the odd occasion I contacted him. However I would defend Rick's right to have his own opinion on here, maybe debated but not bullied. Some people on here, usually mods (bit of power), get carried away being sycophantic and forget this is a fans message board and not an arse licking service for all at BP.

I'll now await the usual bollocks for my con-conformist attitude.