Latics to be suited and booted

The tailors are descending on Boundary Park later today as manager Dave Penney puts the latest element of his plan into place.

The Latics chief has stipulated that every professional player must be issued with a special club suit ahead of the new season.

full story

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1711155,00.html

The tailors are descending on Boundary Park later today as manager Dave Penney puts the latest element of his plan into place.

The Latics chief has stipulated that every professional player must be issued with a special club suit ahead of the new season.

full story

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1711155,00.html

Suggested new sponsors - Moss Bros ?

I once saw Rodney Jack park in the fans' car park in a t-shirt and jogging pants, look a bit bemused that someone else was already there, change into his suit, get back in his car, and drive round to the players' car park.

didnt talbot order every player even the youngsters to go out and buy their own?

My first thought was that we should be doing just that, they get paid enough to buy a suit. But then I remembered that they would all buy really stupid looking flash ones thinking they are fashion icons and would turn up looking like a set of right tools, spoiling the point.

My first thought was that we should be doing just that, they get paid enough to buy a suit. But then I remembered that they would all buy really stupid looking flash ones thinking they are fashion icons and would turn up looking like a set of right tools, spoiling the point.

Very True !

Meh. Not so sure about this, yes a suit makes you look smart but they are going out of fashion. The players all earn enough money for a suit of their own (even those who are financially challenged tend to have a suit for special occassions- the appearance before a court for example) but LeesLover is right they would all look right plonkers as they went out and bought weird, induvidualistic in a conformist way, suits. Get a tailor in, get it done right, the club can right it off against tax and I bet the tailor gives a discount as he can advertise- at least one person on here will buy a suit from the same place just because Oldham use it. I do think there is no point in making players wear smart clothes if they then wear them scruffily (big tie knots and undone buttons), you look just as professional (for football) in a club polo in that case.

This takes me back to the Ronnie Moore era when he sent Calvin Zola home before a home game as he didnt turn up in a suit.

Good idea though , well done DP

haha, i remember that.

Good old Calvin. The only player who's contract states he cannot play on a tuesday due to religious reasons (according to wikipedia)