Fleming on his way to Dunfermline?!

Just heard a rumour Fleming is on his way to Dunfermline for a season long loan!! be a shame as i wanted him as number 1

Lets hope if he goes, this Brill is as decent as Fleming!!

(Apologies if this has already been mentioned but just got in from work and decided to pass it on asap instead of looking down the board)

p.s. just noticed the thread title needs to have the 'to' taken out if a mod would be able to correct my mistake :)

Edited by Stevie_J

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard a rumour Fleming is on his way to Dunfermline for a season long loan!! be a shame as i wanted him as number 1

Lets hope if he goes, this Brill is as decent as Fleming!!

(Apologies if this has already been mentioned but just got in from work and decided to pass it on asap instead of looking down the board)

p.s. just noticed the thread title needs to have the 'to' taken out if a mod would be able to correct my mistake :)

There was an item in the Daily Record lasrt week that Dunfermline were interested in him. Can't see a season long loan being on the cards though.

:sauce:

Its just a text ive recieved off a mate, and he aint telling me who told him just that its someone from within the club, he says its definite but i posted it up as rumour as it may not be true. It puzzles me as to why the club havent released anything on it yet though if it was true. I apologise in advance if this turns out to be false, not intending to wind people up.

Its just a text ive recieved off a mate, and he aint telling me who told him just that its someone from within the club, he says its definite but i posted it up as rumour as it may not be true. It puzzles me as to why the club havent released anything on it yet though if it was true. I apologise in advance if this turns out to be false, not intending to wind people up.

No need to apologise!

Where would owtb be without rumours?!!

BBC Linky

I think it would be a backward step to loan out a decent keeper.

Edited by opinions4u

No need to apologise!

BBC Linky

He's on the short list. I doubt a loan would be on the cards If they want him they will have to pay cash. However I can't see the club letting him go unless the offer was substantial as he is an integral part of the team.

No need to apologise!

BBC Linky

I'm hoping it is just rumour, i agree with it being a backward step surely we want as much not just depth but quality in as many areas of the squad as possible.

I agree with point 4, but since it's a loan being discussed, 1-3 don't really apply, do they?

so who are paying his wages if he goes there?

why should latics be sending out a potential number 1 choice goalie?

what happens if brill is injured..get butz back? <_<

doesn't add up.

unless.

1/he's homesick

2/penney isn't liking him.

3/we will get a fee for him-isn't he out of contract end of this new season?

I cant see us lending him out to be honest the papers just find any decent player in lower divisions and link them with other bigger clubs, they dont understand that smaller clubs might actually want to keep the players and not sell all the time.

its like the chris taylor saga, chris taylor is one of the hottest prospects of the league, so naturally hes getting linked every week for a move out of oldham, thing is press arent counting on the loyalty of the player or if the club wants to sell them, just that he fits the bill for what a club is looking for, therefore he must be linked with them.

also dave penney has 3 keepers, of which 1 is only young so wont be played that much, which leaves 2 established keepers, I dont think hes gonna risk losing 1, especially for a loan

I cant see us lending him out to be honest the papers just find any decent player in lower divisions and link them with other bigger clubs, they dont understand that smaller clubs might actually want to keep the players and not sell all the time.

its like the chris taylor saga, chris taylor is one of the hottest prospects of the league, so naturally hes getting linked every week for a move out of oldham, thing is press arent counting on the loyalty of the player or if the club wants to sell them, just that he fits the bill for what a club is looking for, therefore he must be linked with them.

also dave penney has 3 keepers, of which 1 is only young so wont be played that much, which leaves 2 established keepers, I dont think hes gonna risk losing 1, especially for a loan

Agree with every word of that (unless you're suggesting Dunfermline are a 'bigger' club!).

Ridiculous decision if true, to have some inexperienced young keeper on the bench and then stating he doesnt know what to do about it yet- why the f*** would we want to be in that situation of having to get another emergency loan keeper in when we have our own 2 keepers baffling?

From the quotes in the bison I think Penney sees Fleming as being inexperienced rather than the established keeper we take him for. If he gets games up there that can only be good for us as he will return a better keeper or be sold for a big profit.

Fingers crossed Brill turns out to be brill and injury free.

Ridiculous decision if true, to have some inexperienced young keeper on the bench and then stating he doesnt know what to do about it yet- why the f*** would we want to be in that situation of having to get another emergency loan keeper in when we have our own 2 keepers baffling?

Although i dont agree with the decision maybe he has to take chances with the goalkeeping position to free wages for other areas?

From the quotes in the bison I think Penney sees Fleming as being inexperienced rather than the established keeper we take him for. If he gets games up there that can only be good for us as he will return a better keeper or be sold for a big profit.

Fingers crossed Brill turns out to be brill and injury free.

So what hes never really put a foot wrong thats like saying we have signed Furman as back up, as he is inexperienced (only played 30 odd games) whats the difference?