Train Home from Masters

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went home after deciding that falling asleep stood up wasn't a good idea. I don't think I know her well enough to let her see me dance yet! :lol:

Mate Zorrro would have kept you warm and you could have woken up in the morning with him playing the "big spoon" - and you turned it down... It was sad to see a grown man cry, but he was inconsolable.

I went home after deciding that falling asleep stood up wasn't a good idea. I don't think I know her well enough to let her see me dance yet! :lol:

:lol:

Yeah I was feeling tired too - I was pissed when we got to the M.E.N but sort of sobered up and turned weary by the time we left! Managed to get through it although I probably would have shared a taxi if I had known you were ready for the off yourself. From where I was stood it was looking like yourself, De La Vega and Zorro were embarking on a session I didn't feel cut out for. I'm out of practice....

:lol:

Yeah I was feeling tired too - I was pissed when we got to the M.E.N but sort of sobered up and turned weary by the time we left! Managed to get through it although I probably would have shared a taxi if I had known you were ready for the off yourself. From where I was stood it was looking like yourself, De La Vega and Zorro were embarking on a session I didn't feel cut out for. I'm out of practice....

I was lining up a session but then thought better of it. No need to make a fool of myself more than I normally do.

I wish you'd passed some of that wisdom on to me - my mouth tastes like evil. Good times!

haha

I can tell I wasn't drunk because I was polite to that lass what kept standing on my toes. If I'd been drunk I'd have told her where to get off.

haha

I can tell I wasn't drunk because I was polite to that lass what kept standing on my toes. If I'd been drunk I'd have told her where to get off.

She was probably looking for attention, and kept hoping you'd whisk her off her feet. Instead we wisely invested our time in Heineken. 13 hour session though - impressive work.

She was probably looking for attention, and kept hoping you'd whisk her off her feet. Instead we wisely invested our time in Heineken. 13 hour session though - impressive work.

As she found out, she can keep hoping!

Well I didnt go last night as I had a feeling this sort of stuff was going to go on.

I went last year and had one of the best nights of my life. I got :censored: faced, had a crack with rival supporters and watched some good fun football. I also dared to dream that they days of not selling beer at the football / segrigation coudl start to be thought about as old fashioned view points (I can dream)

But I just knew what was going to go down this year, specially when I heard Burnley where entering. I could feel it!

I expect the following next year...

• No beer on sale in the MEN
  • Increased security
  • Possible designated areas between supporters
  • Possible pubs shut in town or a massive police presence
  • Earlier kick off time... 1pm ?

Its going to have a massive warning rating from the police by the sounds of it. MEN security are not used to dealing with this stuff and I can see private security we have at the ground adding to the numbers.

A real shame all in all.

Edited by oafc0000

The railway companies can be a bit of a joke when it comes to handling crowds. Last season they closed the line between Ashburys and Glossop when there was a City game on and the replacement busses were only taking 50 people maximum per hour my mate was stranded for hours. Or the day Norwich played Ipswich this season they closed the line between Ipswich and Norwich

Yep. Outside London, there seems to be a mentality among those who operate our public transport that they should go out of their way to make getting to and particularly from special events as difficult as possible. I still remember the utter farce that was the Commonwealth games.

I'm a wee bit glad that being ill (prob swine flu) kept me away from all of this it sounds rather stupid considering it was supposed to be a family event. A few points though idiots who get into trouble after drinking too much is a common occurance and definately a big section of this is down to the amount of booze they throw down their necks.

Train companies are ridiculous they pack them in like sardines all the time (I once lept out of a train window whilst it was stationary at Durham station due to some hijinx by some Geordies). Its quite simple either the train companies put on extra carriages (or even trains in this case) when they need them or they don't get the train contract- the government has pulled the plug on a train company because it was loosing money and asking for more handouts, about time it started pulling contracts of train (and tram- I bet the metro was :censored: last night too) when they have situations like this- its costs the tax payer more in policing and yet the train companies still made their fare money (or they should have but i bet you could dodge it if so inclined). The coppers are crap when they have to act on the hoof- someone really really really should have told them what was going on and that maybe there might be trouble (the coppers knew enough to have the hooligan spotters out for the Burnley fans- it was in their local paper)- I know this because I was on a train full of drunk Citeh fans coming back from London after watching the Rugby. Part of the problem I think could be that the policing of Victoria (and Piccadilly) and anywhere else on the railways is the domain of the British Transport Police and not related to the local force so at some point there has to be a handover (its at the cross roads of Picadilly Approach at Picadilly).

All those people wanting Burnley not invited to this event- who is going to make the organisers more money through advertising Premier League (or more likely by then Championship) Burnley or us, in League 1. If anyone gets uninvited it will be us (it took us ages to get invited despite being in the Premier League when most of the players playing played for us) as shown by our good performances.

I can definately see the Masters people and whoever being told it starts earlier too- they make Man U kick off at noon a bit- and its rare that big games are the late evening game on TV- I can see the coppers taking the same sort of stance.

The problem is the commentators were going on all night on Sky about just how good an atmosphere it was, especially from us and Burnely- I wonder if they will have said the same thing if they knew the sort of trouble was going on

I do hope that anyone who is an Oldham fan wasn't too badly hurt after being attacked (but the same could be said of those fans that were attacked by people perporting to support Oldham).

Edited by rudemedic

I felt the tension in sinclairs berforehand as there were a lot of eyeing up goin on.

Thought the fight in the corner was disgraceful, and the handling of it even worse, but then again the MEN staff aren't trained for that kind of stuff 'cause they're usually helping people who have gone out for a good time not for a fight.

I went out in manchester straight after so didn't experience the train incident, but from what I've read it's a simple error of the train companies to not put extra carraiges on, especially from what support we took last year. Does anyone know how the trains to Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley etc go on? Any problems with their trains departure times etc?

If anyones to be kicked out of it next year I can see it between Burnley and ourselves.

I think this season will help determine the organisers decision...if burnleys firm go around their games with the attitude of fightin at every one of them, then they'll be the ones not playing the masters next year.

Or maybe next year you'll see an increased level of security and a higher police presence, all off camera of course cause that wouldnt be good for tv, as i'm sure the fight in the corner wasn't broadcasted or referenced to (not watched the event on sky plus yet).

They cant possibly segregate fans as if ones are where the cameras focus on, if their teams gets knocked out an they leave it'll look bad when they all start leaving. Plus how many groups did you see where parents had took their kids who support different teams? Can't expect to split them up can you?

Overall I think it's another example of a fun occassion spoilt by a reckless few with no regards or respect to not only other people, but the club they supposedly support.

did you record me hittin them both on the head? ha. thats when they proper started havin a go. apparently i was guna be in 'trouble' when i got off at mills hill. "tell your mates to calm down" haha, ok love.

She swore blind she hadn't too...stupid slag!

Prozac...I legged it out the MEN coz my mates were on and said it was about to set off. Had the rail ppl done their jobs properly...it wouldn't have been there and the carnage would've been a lot less. Oh well. Lol.

Well I didnt go last night as I had a feeling this sort of stuff was going to go on.

I went last year and had one of the best nights of my life. I got :censored: faced, had a crack with rival supporters and watched some good fun football. I also dared to dream that they days of not selling beer at the football / segrigation coudl start to be thought about as old fashioned view points (I can dream)

But I just knew what was going to go down this year, specially when I heard Burnley where entering. I could feel it!

I expect the following next year...

• No beer on sale in the MEN
  • Increased security
  • Possible designated areas between supporters
  • Possible pubs shut in town or a massive police presence
  • Earlier kick off time... 1pm ?

Its going to have a massive warning rating from the police by the sounds of it. MEN security are not used to dealing with this stuff and I can see private security we have at the ground adding to the numbers.

A real shame all in all.

You won't prevent trouble completely even with them measures. Because the game isn't organised by the F.A., football banning orders do not apply. It gives people the opportunity to settle old scores against rivals with plenty of pubs to choose to mob up in.

The police really didnt help , they were dragging people off at will. And those 2 girls? (girls is a compliment to them) giving it all swinging for people with their high heels, spitting and then getting off and telling the police that it was 2 lads on the train which resulted in the policing grabbing then !

Also they should have put an extra train on knowing the crowd this would have attracted

40£ your having a laugh :lol:

Yes the train was not short of idiots but those girls were really the trouble makers. Just :censored: stiring and acting the victim . Joke!

One of the little slags, the one with the dark hair sent a text to her boyfriend to ring her coz she had just been hit in the face by a lad and wanted him to get a "crew" together to meet up with the train at mumps to sort them out!!!!. She had not been hit at this point but it was funny about half an hour later when she did finally get a slap for bein so gobby!!!!

These two were the root of the problem, everyone was quite calm and singing along before they got on and started swinging their stilletoes about just coz a few songs were goin off and they didnt like the noise. They did become more upset when the chants turned to "get yer tits out for the lads" but this would have been a complete waste of time as many of the lads on the train had bigger tits anyway!!!

Felt sorry for the little kiddies on there, very frightening for them to watch!

Edited by King Tiler