League Prediction Season 09/10

oafckev

Latics final position?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish after this season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • Play-offs
    • 7th-12th
    • 13th-20th
    • Relegation Zone

Pre-seasons over and a fresh start is ahead of us but where do YOU think we'll finish?

If a mod could change the poll from 8th-12th to 7th-12th that'd save my mistake being shown forever :blush:

Edit: 8th-12th changed to 7th-12th

Edited by ste1987

latics will do a classic latics and start promisingly and then build up a good and deserved position and then slide down at the last minute and missout on the playoffs again. i say 9th.

also, i got the fourfourtwo magazine yesterday and the supplement was a look at the new season. they think we'll finish 14th (brentford and gillingham will be 3rd and 6th, norwich and charlton will be midtable and the best one of all, leeds will win the league!)

I think we will start fairly poorly but will improve but not enough to do any real damage in the league. I hope we have a good cup run because that will mean we will get a decent budget to play with for the following season. I'm worried about the comments from people about the defence I haven't seen any pre season games but the amount of people coming out and saying how poor we are This will have to be addressed a.s.a.p. Transitional season it is then chaps.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1. Leeds

2. Huddersfield

3. Norwich

4. MK Dons

5. Millwall

6. Charlton

7. Bristol Rovers

8. Brighton

9. Southampton

10. Oldham

11. Swindon

12. Brentford

13. Colchester

14. Tranmere

15. Southend

16. Leyton Orient

17. Walsall

18. Gillingham

19. Exeter

20. Wycombe

21. Yeovil

22. Carlisle

23. Stockport

24. Hartlepool

i dont think you judge properly until you are 10 games in at the very least.

pre-season are tune up and fitness tests, results dont matter.

when its competetive you will get answers, but organised sides tend to do ok in the league

and one thing is sure we have looked well organised...no room for individual errors though , but hopefully all gone with

pre-season

I believe on paper were looking for a respectable finish, but as everyone knows this means nothing,

a team that spent a lot of money on decent players could see them all flop, while a team with no money who built there squad on non league players coculd find them all to be superstars,

so as I say respectable finish but who knows?

I think we will start fairly poorly but will improve but not enough to do any real damage in the league. I hope we have a good cup run because that will mean we will get a decent budget to play with for the following season. I'm worried about the comments from people about the defence I haven't seen any pre season games but the amount of people coming out and saying how poor we are This will have to be addressed a.s.a.p. Transitional season it is then chaps.

You're not allowed an opinion if you haven't been to any pre-season friendlies. Apparently.

also, i got the fourfourtwo magazine yesterday and the supplement was a look at the new season. they think we'll finish 14th (brentford and gillingham will be 3rd and 6th, norwich and charlton will be midtable and the best one of all, leeds will win the league!)

they also think Tranmere will finish 23rd. i think we'll finish top half,maybe top 10,but i could live with their prediction.

bit puzzled at the idea that Jermaine Beckford is the opposition player we most despise - what's he ever done to us? he's been pretty anonymous whenever i've seen him.

The thing is, we have to all be patient this year. I think mid table obscurity is on the cards with our defence the weak point, I don't think goals will be a problem might have some BP goal fests ey!!!!!

Champions - Norwich

Runners up - Leeds

Play offs - Charlton

- MK Dons

- Huddersfield

- Bristol Rovers

Top Goal Scorer - Grant Holt :grin:

I'm not having a bet on us this year

So that alone will be enough to seal promotion...!

But I have predicted 7-12.

Mid table is my estimation, but if we sign some defenders I will happily revise that.

That prediction is for the curent squad.

Edited by singe

My Heart say's Play Offs, Head thinks 13th-20th at best really, But I would like us to do a bit better in the JPT this year.

But every year there is the team nobody expects hope that could be us.

I do find this time of the season especially hilarious.

Every single year, without having seen a ball kicked in anger, the lemmings gather to predict either guaranteed glory or nailed-on relegation (it's never in between, have you noticed that? ... "I've seen everything I need to and I'm absolutely adamant we'll finish 9th").

To be fair, this is probably in the wrong thread. It's more or less every other thread that populates the first page I'm getting at. Especially those who are unwaveringly convinced we're going down based on conceding a few goals in some friendlies.

Now that's out of the way, there's absolutely nothing wrong in a bit of playful prediction. Where do we think we'll come? What else do we have to talk about? It's the one's who claim superior knowledge that get me.... have you noticed those that shout loudest and surest are also almost always wrongest?

It's probably a harder one to call this season than many others, given the number of new faces and the strength of clubs coming into the division (particularly those that came down). My prediction, as much because I really haven't a clue as anything, is 7th to 12th. More realistically, as I think I've said elsewhere, I reckon there will be four or so teams that disappear over the horizon at the top, and another four or so that very quickly drop away at the bottom, and I'm as certain as anyone can be at this time that we will be in neither of those groups of four.

Edited by garcon

It's probably a harder one to call this season than many others, given the number of new faces and the strength of clubs coming into the division (particularly those that came down).

I agree. However, as far as it's possible for an outsider to be able to tell, the mood around the club seemed to darken in the latter half of last season, something that's only been exacerbated by the confusing noises about, first of all, the supposed groundshare idea, and then, as if it hadn't been said at all, the proposed stadium in Failsworth only a matter of weeks later. Add to that the downscaling that's being suggested with the stadium proposal. Dave Penney's good record notwithstanding, I have a sense of foreboding.

Edited by Corporal_Jones