No Post match manager comments on site?

Well if he's too lazy! <_<

Oldham manager Dave Penney was happy with his side's creativity in the opening-day goalless draw at Stockport.

The Latics, who paraded eight new signings in their starting XI had a frustrating afternoon, beginning when penalty appeals were refused after Pawel Abbott went down in the box.

Penney said: "We had 11 shots on target so you have to be fairly happy when you have created so much up front.

"The first 30 minutes were not great but then we started passing the ball much better and played some good football.

"Their keeper made great saves but if we carry on making so many chances they will start going in sooner or later.

"I'm especially happy with the clean sheet because that is something we have struggled with in pre-season."

Ever heard of the term "day off"?

day off on matchday????

yes the new webmonkey has to have time to get into his stride so to speak....but managers comments and proper match report after a game are a must,if at home last season we was given these within 3 hours of a game,and also some away games as well...

just shows you how good stu was.

Takes 2 mins to upload it to LP and write some comments from the boss - stu did this after every home game and after long away trips they were up by 11/12pm even midweek games.

Highlights were also on 24hrs after each game and im not holding my breath for them neither.

This new web guy is a joke.

just shows you how good stu was.

Takes 2 mins to upload it to LP and write some comments from the boss - stu did this after every home game and after long away trips they were up by 11/12pm even midweek games.

Highlights were also on 24hrs after each game and im not holding my breath for them neither.

This new web guy is a joke.

I know we've all had a laugh as some of his know him through this site, but FFS give the lad a break. Ok his spelling and grammar isn't the best, but he obviously knows his :censored: otherwise he wouldn't have got the job. He's had to learn the procedures and processes of Premium TV amidst the chaos that is OAFC's back-office so give him a break. If it's as disjointed in three months then the criticism may well be justified but to say he's been in the job a couple of weeks I think he's doing ok. A lot better than what we had the six weeks without a webmonkey!

I know we've all had a laugh as some of his know him through this site, but FFS give the lad a break. Ok his spelling and grammar isn't the best, but he obviously knows his :censored: otherwise he wouldn't have got the job. He's had to learn the procedures and processes of Premium TV amidst the chaos that is OAFC's back-office so give him a break. If it's as disjointed in three months then the criticism may well be justified but to say he's been in the job a couple of weeks I think he's doing ok. A lot better than what we had the six weeks without a webmonkey!

Fookin..........+1

(For when +1 just isnt enough)

Give him a couple of weeks to get settled before you start slating him.

I know I wouldn't want the job, would make watching oldham less enjoyable having so much to do on match day when you just want to go down the pub.

Spelling and grammar shouldn't be a problem, shows lack of any effort/care

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3366

Yes, quite right. I've got their editing software myself (Adobe Premiere) and it's not the easiest thing to get your head round in a couple of weeks. Plus, he's new in the role and has to get used to grabbing the manager over to one side, amid the chaos of post-match when there's journo's running round trying to get the news too. Can be a bit daunting I expect for a new starter.

If this is still the case after 6 months or so then fair point, but he's new in the job and doesn't deserve nesbits on here having a pop at him after five minutes.

Ever thought Mr Penney doesn't want to comment on LW until Monday? Just a thought like

Imagine if every member waited until Monday to post comments on this website.

It's poor public relations not to give an interview after a match, fans like immediate reaction, then again IMO public relations hasn't been good at Latics since the Sean Jarvis days.

Edited by BP1960

It's poor public relations not to give an interview after a match, fans like immediate reaction, then again IMO public relations hasn't been good at Latics since the Sean Jarvis days.

He hasn't been in the job two weeks yet! And, unfortunately for him, the season's underway before he's had the chance to find his feet. When the rest of us start a new job, gladly, we don't have thousands of people picking over our every move.

Lay off, at least for a short while, eh?

got to agree there ..sean alway's had time for a chat with us the punters in the lookers bar...this is something that needs to be looked into...a direct link between us and them....ideas swopped on a regular basis....things can be picked up in pre match gossip so for me it's a good stunt to put a guy in the thick of things....

He hasn't been in the job two weeks yet! And, unfortunately for him, the season's underway before he's had the chance to find his feet. When the rest of us start a new job, gladly, we don't have thousands of people picking over our every move

It is up to the manager to set the tone for the season regarding pre and post match interviews.

It is up to the manager to set the tone for the season regarding pre and post match interviews.

Whilst I'll not pass comment on people's opinion of my work, to which they're entitled, I feel it's important to state that Mr Penney has been nothing but cooperative with both myself and the other media representatives whenever called upon.

He hasn't been in the job two weeks yet! And, unfortunately for him, the season's underway before he's had the chance to find his feet. When the rest of us start a new job, gladly, we don't have thousands of people picking over our every move.

Lay off, at least for a short while, eh?

Bloody hell, we've ran out of players on the pitch to blame, so now the blames are being set on those off the pitch! :lol:

Seriously though as Stevie says, he's not been in the job two weeks and I know for a fact on his days off, he has spent this teaching himself how to use the editing software even further and getting to grips with the system. Also, as Prozac said previously, he will be learning all the processes and so forth.

Give him a break lads.

Edited by ste1987