Video: An Oldham-Millwall Story

This could be a good debate!

I think in an ideal world they would not, but I am sure we have got a better set up than the US.

In our case, we do charity work too, for example we have a yound Russian boy we are treating for cancer at the moment.

Our Hospital is now now operating the private wings of some hospitals, mainly in Oncology-eg we are doing at UCH, and just recent Romford, and are going for one in the North West. The fees and rent we pay is helping the NHS budgets, though, of couse, some things the NHS does best.

The patients certainly want it, but not the same food etc!

That's because Obama hasn't gotten through his medical reforms yet. It costs a lot of money to train doctors but once a doctor turns into a private practice doctor- they are no longer working as much as they should for the people who paid their training costs. Also who's liable in the doctor makes a mistake because instead of working 48 hours a week for the NHS they work 35 for the NHS but 25 for some big multi-national corporation- does the private company that pays the doctor look after the person that has been injured/killed or is it the NHS. Yes priavte companies pay contributions to the NHS but they don't account for all the money that private companies take out of the NHS. Oncology is a noble profession but what about staffing costs for all the stuff (like x-rays, blood tests etc.) that private hospitals don't necessarily have the facilities for. You can have the best oncologist in the world but if the perosn looking down the slide is a wet behind the ears newly graduate employee it might not matter.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barack Obama = Major fail so far.

What is it Barack has failed at so far? not a dig, just ive heard a few mention he has not been as good as he promised, and i dont keep up with American politics.

Edited by Oafc88

Off to the beach eh?

Cool, the beach footy vid should be coming soon then!

Remember to give us all a mention.

:)

I wish it would stop raining! It's been raining in the Caymans for the past week. I have a football in my room that I've never used...I guess now would be a good time to get it dirty xx

Barack Obama = Major fail so far.

Without getting too political, that was kind of inevitable given the hype created around him before he took office.

He'd still be judged a failure by many if he'd solved Iraq, Afghanistan, world poverty, global warming and Latics' home form all in the first month.

Without getting too political, that was kind of inevitable given the hype created around him before he took office.

He'd still be judged a failure by many if he'd solved Iraq, Afghanistan, world poverty, global warming and Latics' home form all in the first month.

I think he has taken positive steps on the first 5, it's the Latics form that has him flapping around like a fish out of water!

And if so...Do I get a prize for posting it ???

Oh! You posted it? I've actually never read the beginning few pages of this thread...

After I got back from Vegas, I saw the video had hundreds of views and when I found out it was posted on this thread I was way too afraid to even read what it said. Still haven't been able to read between pages 2-7 or something like that. :blush:

I think he has taken positive steps on the first 5, it's the Latics form that has him flapping around like a fish out of water!

WHAT?!?!?!!?

*He has sent more troops to Afghanistan.

*The health proposals are a disgraceful idea. Americans will be assigned a doctor, they wont be able to choose one. A panel will decide whether to treat old people or decide that they are too old to be saved.

*The dollar is dropping through the floor after making a comeback

*A huge percentage of Americans are disgusted by the way he has been on a world tour pandering and apologising to minor nations. The disgusting insult to our Queen has also been overlooked. His approval rating has dropped to below 40%.

*He has failed to deliver on a single election promise and has done a 180 degree turn on a number of policies.

Oh, and seriously. Global warming????? I'm sure the last Ice Age ended because the cavemen invented cars. Nothing at all to do with global cycles of millions of years.

Edited by BeckfordsRightFoot