The top Latics related moments you witnessed

We can all say "Redfearn's penalty", "The great escape" or "Adams goal v Man. Utd" so lets ban those. Lets have your amusing, strange, weird ones.

4. Ormondroyd's goal on his home debut in his second spell. As he galloped through, I've rarely laughed as much in my life. When he buried it, I thought I was gonna die.

3. Having jumped over the wall onto Little Wembley, we were involved in a heated game of Wembley doubles. Then manager Joe Royle came through the gates rollicking us. We all legged it but forgot to grab the mentally handicapped lad who used to hang around with us. Royle took him home.

2. My mate Ady's mum bought him a new coat (one of those Umbro bench jackets that were big at the time). He wore it the next day at Huddersfield. It was his pride and joy. After the game we had to run to get the coach. He ran past a fence and the sleeve caught on a fence and completley tore the sleeve off.

1. A guy was stood drinking bovril in the Chaddy End in about 1988/9 I think. Willie Donachie was warming up doing shooting practice. As the guy took a drink the ball hit him full in the face. The combination of scalding bovril, a cold day and a Mitre Delta travelling at about 65mph didn't look a god one.

Probably the best post I have read on these boards :) Well done :D:lol:

It was so much better back in the day :)

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From more recent times, Simon Charlton’s carefully struck back-spinner sailing over the keeper, causing me to spit balti pie all over Mrs Warne’s head whilst falling over the chairs in fits of laughter.

Being shadowed by a firm of malnourished 11 year old Scouse chavs walking back from Goodison in the Cup game

Having my nose broken when we scored at Goodison in the cup game.

Seeing the filthy Scunny defenders hitting the deck after THAT equaliser.

The mentalness when Taylor got his first goal.

The theme to Steptoe and Son coming over the Tannoy after we beat Tranmere at BP

3. Having jumped over the wall onto Little Wembley, we were involved in a heated game of Wembley doubles. Then manager Joe Royle came through the gates rollicking us. We all legged it but forgot to grab the mentally handicapped lad who used to hang around with us. Royle took him home.

i'm gonna burn in hell forever for laughing at that but it was worth it.... :grin:

1. The first time I saw the ticket office womans bristols.

2. Craig Fleming sleeping with my mother and my aunt on their works christmans do. Couldn't wait to tell the lads at school.

Wait, what?!!?!? Your mum and her sister (or sister in law) had a 3 some with Craig Fleming AND THEY TOLD YOU??? Liar.

A police alsation dragging his handler up the outer wall of the rochdale rd end after that game with sheffield wednesday scary day but funny moment .

tics 6-0 westham "has macari had a bet " quality .

During the craze for beach balls in the chaddy wich were getting ever bigger ! Giant beachball blows onto pitch just as tommy wright comes charging down the wing poor tommy didnt know weather to kick it or run away from it bloody thing dwarfed him !

"Lets go for a pie nearly half time " arnoid .Me"wait on theres summat on here " "oh yes what a goal " arnoid proceeds to push me down fifteen rows of the upper tier at goodison leaving me with a huge cut on my shin that ive still got the scar from !

A police alsation dragging his handler up the outer wall of the rochdale rd end after that game with sheffield wednesday scary day but funny moment .

tics 6-0 westham "has macari had a bet " quality .

During the craze for beach balls in the chaddy wich were getting ever bigger ! Giant beachball blows onto pitch just as tommy wright comes charging down the wing poor tommy didnt know weather to kick it or run away from it bloody thing dwarfed him !

"Lets go for a pie nearly half time " arnoid .Me"wait on theres summat on here " "oh yes what a goal " arnoid proceeds to push me down fifteen rows of the upper tier at goodison leaving me with a huge cut on my shin that ive still got the scar from !

Am i imagining this or was there a time when fans had novelty inflatables at boundary park? for some reason i remember inflatable dogs and skeletons?!

A guy in the lookers paddock went to head a ball that was heading into the crowd. He went right over the barrier and collapsed in a heap on the other side. Cue the paramedics. He was fine but must have felt a bit foolish.

Am i imagining this or was there a time when fans had novelty inflatables at boundary park? for some reason i remember inflatable dogs and skeletons?!

A guy in the lookers paddock went to head a ball that was heading into the crowd. He went right over the barrier and collapsed in a heap on the other side. Cue the paramedics. He was fine but must have felt a bit foolish.

Yard dogs!

Running the gauntlet to take a half-time penalty at Ramsey, Isle of Man and then informing the P.N.E. Fans massed behind the goal that “we're the pride of Lancashire“.

Fans mimicking the linesman in the Isle of Man:

510851652_da42d8ce70_b.jpg

Singing the Sean Gregan chippy song all through our match against P.N.E. In Douglas

Memories of when we used to play over here! Personal memories from when they were over were kissing Andy Ritchie on his bald head and getting Junior Agogo's autograph, and then he fell over afterwards and turned and said to me "you're on my shoelace" in the weirdest Africanesque voice ever!

The half time penalty shootouts were class! Used to love stepping up to represent Latics fans as a young teenager, and saving a few too!

What about when Chaddy and Bloomfield Bear had the fight in the FA Cup match we lost 5-2 IIRC, and Wellens scored from them with that screamer!

My dad telling me to pick up my programme from under my seat when 3-0 down to Bolton in a restricted view seat at Burnden Park. I then missed Mark Allott's first ever goal!

Doing the konga and singing always look on the bright side of life to the Man Ure fans at Wembley until....

Frankie Bunn's six goals.

Earl Barrett's goal at Anfield making standing on the Kop worthwhile.

Neil Adams' two late goals at Everton and stamping our feet to create noise in that wooden stand but i cant help it but to remember the horrible sickening minutes silence before the game for James Bulger.

Why did Frankie Bunn's six goals stop you doing the conga at Wembley?

1988 think it was,,,,6 of us in the boozer on friday night at 11.30 decided we would go to the brighton away game next day..

all dived in my mates cortina at 6 in morning..

had a new exhaust put on it at crewe..

puncture at watford..

limped into brighton looking like del boy and rodney van..

watched stitch score 2 of the best goals your likely to see..

man drops dead outside ground at full time..

puncture at oxford think it was..

arrive oldham 7..am

will live with me forever that day..

car scrapped monday morning..

unbeleivable scenes outside the dell as stitch scores that fantastic equaliser

hundreds of latics locked out that night..

the first half performance v west ham semi final

nobody in the whole wide world would have lived with us in that first half

neil adams strike for the first just sensational..

thee best performance by any latics side imo

17 of us playing against a load of lads from luton on a village green night before cup final

my mate broke his collar bone and the lucky git got seen to by st johns in the wembley dressing rooms

i for one live in the hope that many young latics fans can go on the same journey as many of us did between 89-93

happiest days of my life and i will cherish them forever

Athletic versus Arsenal. League Cup 1989. 2-0 up and we win a free kick about 35 yards out. Denis Irwin places the ball on the plastic and takes a few steps back whilst Arsenals 2 man wall get into place. Irwin strikes the ball clean and true only for it to halted 10 yards away as the rocket hits Kevin Richardson square in the nuts. Richardson doubles up in a messy heap on the floor and over 10000 men wince in unison. Still brings a tear to my eye now. Priceless, but probably very painful.

standing on the burnden terrace in the fa cup quarter final on my own after my dad only got himself a ticket for the latics end, buying one from a tout outside for £35!!!! a lot of money to a 16yr old.

beckford scoring and me jumping around like a loony, threatened to get killed by the bolton fans with the stewards and police advising me to leave quickly or face the consequences from the home fans.

i stood my ground (latics top showing) and witnessed one of my greatest latics moments. aaahhh the memories.