Colbeck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still time for him to show what he can do, but I was certainly underwhelmed at Charlton. Maybe it doesn't suit his game when we are playing defensively, I don't know? Could be a problem as someone to give us some width and support Pav was just what we needed that day.

I fail to see why he was signed.

That's the question I asked on Chat today....a totally, totally, baffling signing.

When we pay a fee for a player you at least expect them to be in the team but he's only on because of injuries and has done absolutely nothing to warrant the paying of a transfer fee!!!

He looks like another headless chicken who has a bit of pace but very little else......We surely can't afford to waste money in such a way!!

Our scoring record this season is abysmal with only 11 from the first 13 games......take Abbott out of this team and just tell me, who the hell's going to score the goals?

I think you might find with everyone fit it is Purdie playing Right Midfield- Smalley wouldn't necessarily get in front of Colbeck for me (at least I've seen Colbeck cross the ball)

Not a chance I'd have Colbeck over Smalley. Not seen Purdie yet, doubt we will before Smalley is fit either. All opinions.

when will purdie be back to fitness? i really hope he is the missing link becuase there arent many goals or creative thinging coming from anywhere, especially midfield

The last physio report said it'd be a while before they knew the outcome of the drip he'd been on. Think the timescale was anything up to 9 months.

Guest sheridans_world
Absolute waste of money, he's no better than what we already had. Makes you wonder what the management saw in him!

12000 bradford fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.....very strange signing!

To be fair, that could be because he refused to sign a new contract with them...

Isn't up to the job. He shouldn't get a look in when Taylor & Smalley are fit. I'd give Lee a run of games so he can prove what he can do. You can see he has quality there, should come good with experience. Opposite for Colbeck.