Next Sunday - Huddersfield vs Huddersfield Reserves

How do folks

Looking forward to the roses battle next Sunday. We shocking away from home and you are not very good at home...something has to give

How are the 4 ex huddersfield lads getting on? I hear Worthy is out injured and won't be playing. Holdsworth and Pav will get good receptions but Parker will get quite a bit of abuse, what a :censored:e signing he was

How do folks

Looking forward to the roses battle next Sunday. We shocking away from home and you are not very good at home...something has to give

How are the 4 ex huddersfield lads getting on? I hear Worthy is out injured and won't be playing. Holdsworth and Pav will get good receptions but Parker will get quite a bit of abuse, what a :censored:e signing he was

Super Pav will get a hat-trick :wink:

How do folks

Not sure if my opinion is shared but:

Worthy: Good until he gets a yellow, which seems to be most games! Then anonymous, now injured.

Pav: Really good player, thought he was class for you back in the day very happy with this signing, can score and bring others into the game.

Holdsworth: Not seen much of him due to his injury, but seemed like a solid league 1 player

Parker: Some people seem to think he does not try but I think he puts in a lot of effort running around up top, has pace that would scare defenders if he could finish one on ones! So nearly a very good player but cant finish, if he could he could have nearly a goal per game.

Not sure if my opinion is shared but:

Worthy: Good until he gets a yellow, which seems to be most games! Then anonymous, now injured.

Pav: Really good player, thought he was class for you back in the day very happy with this signing, can score and bring others into the game.

Holdsworth: Not seen much of him due to his injury, but seemed like a solid league 1 player

Parker: Some people seem to think he does not try but I think he puts in a lot of effort running around up top, has pace that would scare defenders if he could finish one on ones! So nearly a very good player but cant finish, if he could he could have nearly a goal per game.

What you have said about worthy and pav sounds just like how they were for us

Parker isn't even that quick. When we signed him I was expecting a whippet but he really isn't and is attitude is woeful.

He is quick, just lazy at times & yes we know about his attitude from times at Blackpool :)

He'd be quicker if he lost a bit of weight. And he'd be a better player if he realised he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Hopefully he'll be up for the Uddersfelt game.

How do folks

You just know that parker is gonna score now! It's sods law.

I was going to come on and start a topic along these lines, as I said I would pre-season.

Wozz_oafc's comments on Worthy are absolutely exactly the same as what I think of him. Interesting to hear that you rate Pav's hold up play, as he didn't really hold it up for us, although he was playing alongside Boothy so perhaps it wasn't necessary.

How are you lot playing on the whole? Any particular style of play?

We've been fantastic at home, but our away record is dire; 4 points all season. Although how we lost at Charlton is anyone's guess; if we play like we did there I would back us to take at least a point on Sunday.

Indeed. Not happy at all. I hate Sunday games. It's like the opposite of a night game.

are great britain and australia playing at hudds on saturday night - rugby league?

may have been moved to make sure both games get as good a crowd as possible?

We are a work in progress, and it's generally accepted that we're in a transition season as the new manager moulds us into his team.

This is based on hard work, organisation, desire not to be beaten, and commitment to the cause. The lack of all these things were the main criticisms of John Sheridan's tenure at the club.

These are priceless values to have when playing away, reflected in our W3 D2 L2 record on the road, but we are yet to find a consistent groove at home. We carried a great amount of forward momentum against MK Dons, which was branded our best performance in ages by the fans, and should hopefully be a blueprint for how to perform at home going forward.

Everything good we do on the attack goes through Pawel Abbott, as one of the few experienced players we have fit at the moment he is the heart and soul of our forward play. He seems to have become more of a complete player as he has gotten older, and knows from his time at Darlo exactly what Penney wants from him.

Hopefully Chris Taylor will be fit to start on Sunday, as he adds a whole new dimension to us, which will be needed when we lose Abbott to a hernia operation next week.

No wigan at 3pm Sat ..... not live on TV :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Is this true? i was wondering before when watching the end of the new zealand v oz highlights and it only showcased new zealnad v france as live and the england game they had highlights of. Whats the reasoning behind it? (if you know)

Edit: just checked and it looks like its on bbc1 live. Phew.

Edited by Oafc88

2 rows of 4 behind the ball, with Abbott coming deep to try and flick a quality ball through for Parker to run on to and miss.

We've lacked our usual width this season, but that has made the midfield look stronger defensively. It's not been pretty though!

If we make mistakes, you'll score. If we're solid, you'll find it tough to break down.

We've been fantastic at home

I saw you struggle to break Stockport down. Although you hit the bar twice they had the clearest chances in the 1st minute and 90th minute. It was a game you should have won but could easily have lost.

Edited by opinions4u

2 rows of 4 behind the ball, with Abbott coming deep to try and flick a quality ball through for Parker to run on to and miss.

We've lacked our usual width this season, but that has made the midfield look stronger defensively. It's not been pretty though!

If we make mistakes, you'll score. If we're solid, you'll find it tough to break down.

I saw you struggle to break Stockport down. Although you hit the bar twice they had the clearest chances in the 1st minute and 90th minute. It was a game you should have won but could easily have lost.

Is Parker not doing any better for you than he was for us then? I couldn't believe that you took him off our hands, and playing him as the main striker seems a bit strange, but maybe it will click.

Good on you for regarding this as a transition season; I'm doing the same, but not many of our fans are in the same boat, which is frustrating at times. I said when Clark was appointed that he could have the end of last season and all of this to sort everything out, and I'd judge him on next season. Obviously I'd not keep him if we were in danger of going down and he was doing nothing to stop us, for example, but we've underachieved so badly for ages that he needs time to sort the whole club out. If we sneak into the Play Off's this season then fantastic, if not then it's not disaster.

We've had two matches like the Stockport match; we drew 0-0 at home to Brentford also. At home, we've struggled to break down teams that come and play for a point, anyone that has come and tried to win we've pretty much torn apart. We need to learn how to break more defensive minded teams down though, as eventually teams are going to catch on to how they can play against us and come for a point; and like you say Stockport could have left with all 3 that day!

It's a bit of a mystery as to why we've been poor away as generally teams are more attack minded at home, which should suit us, but it hasn't for some reason.

Cheers to Simpo for that response; very comprehensive!

How many are you expecting on Sat? We've sold "just over half" our 2,700 allocation as of yesterday, so hopefully we should have at least 2,000. I still need to get my ticket; only my second visit to Boundary Park, the first being that cup tie a couple of seasons ago.

Is Parker not doing any better for you than he was for us then? I couldn't believe that you took him off our hands, and playing him as the main striker seems a bit strange, but maybe it will click.

Good on you for regarding this as a transition season; I'm doing the same, but not many of our fans are in the same boat, which is frustrating at times. I said when Clark was appointed that he could have the end of last season and all of this to sort everything out, and I'd judge him on next season. Obviously I'd not keep him if we were in danger of going down and he was doing nothing to stop us, for example, but we've underachieved so badly for ages that he needs time to sort the whole club out. If we sneak into the Play Off's this season then fantastic, if not then it's not disaster.

We've had two matches like the Stockport match; we drew 0-0 at home to Brentford also. At home, we've struggled to break down teams that come and play for a point, anyone that has come and tried to win we've pretty much torn apart. We need to learn how to break more defensive minded teams down though, as eventually teams are going to catch on to how they can play against us and come for a point; and like you say Stockport could have left with all 3 that day!

It's a bit of a mystery as to why we've been poor away as generally teams are more attack minded at home, which should suit us, but it hasn't for some reason.

Cheers to Simpo for that response; very comprehensive!

How many are you expecting on Sat? We've sold "just over half" our 2,700 allocation as of yesterday, so hopefully we should have at least 2,000. I still need to get my ticket; only my second visit to Boundary Park, the first being that cup tie a couple of seasons ago.

Let's not mess about here, Pawel Abbott is our main forward and a complete revelation. Sadly, it looks like the obvious is going to happen and he'll be out injured for a month (probably after Sunday though).

The poisoned dwarf is about half and half with our fans. I'm not the favourable half. He can't finish, is greedy and brings no physical presence whatsoever. I, to put it mildly, remain to be won over.

It's a real shame Wortington got his bad injury. I suspect he'd have enjoyed this game.

You've got over 4,000 seats to fill - get selling them!

That should cause a stir with the 'Rocky' massive :grin: