Which F.A. Cup ties will be on live TV ?

BP1960

Which F.A. Cup ties will be on live TV ?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which F.A. Cup ties will be on live TV ?

• Latics v Leeds
    • Paulton v Norwich
    • Bristol R v Southampton
    • Northwich v Charlton

At least try and spell the teams correctly .

It's Paulton of course, perhaps the webmaster can amend it ?.. and as you are so finicky it's the one team, not teams.

Edited by BP1960

It's Paulton of course and as you are so finicky it's the one team, not teams.

Paulton v Norwich City is a no-brainer. All the romance of the cup, plucky non-leaguers against former Premiership side at home. Echoes of that Histon v Leeds game last season.

Same with Northwich v Charlton. It's what most people want to see in the cup; two sides miles apart in league placings playing on the non-league stomping ground.

Last season, Leeds played Northampton at home in the FAC 1st round and I hated how they showed that. I think the crowd was one of Leeds' lowest too, which obviously told the story. The only thing about our game with them is that it's more of a derby and it's at our place, so I think it'll get shown.

I can't see the lure of Brizzle v Saints to be honest, and don't think it'd make a great TV game.

Games which also could be TV fodder are Stourbridge v Walsall (Local derby) or Bromley v Colchester (Local-ish / non-league against team flying high). Other than that there's not much else.

Paulton v Norwich City is a no-brainer. All the romance of the cup, plucky non-leaguers against former Premiership side at home. Echoes of that Histon v Leeds game last season.

Same with Northwich v Charlton. It's what most people want to see in the cup; two sides miles apart in league placings playing on the non-league stomping ground.

Last season, Leeds played Northampton at home in the FAC 1st round and I hated how they showed that. I think the crowd was one of Leeds' lowest too, which obviously told the story. The only thing about our game with them is that it's more of a derby and it's at our place, so I think it'll get shown.

I can't see the lure of Brizzle v Saints to be honest, and don't think it'd make a great TV game.

Games which also could be TV fodder are Stourbridge v Walsall (Local derby) or Bromley v Colchester (Local-ish / non-league against team flying high). Other than that there's not much else.

Other possible giant killing matches which might appeal to the TV companies are;

Oxford United v Yeovil

York v Crewe

Gateshead v Brentford

Wealdstone v Rotherham

Luton v Rochdale

This may sound like nitpicking but I want to clarify somethin its NOT Paulton v. Norwich, its Paulton or Chippenham v. Norwich. If the tie ends up being Chippenham v. Norwich I don't think that quite has the romance value of Paulton (who I think are the lowest ranked team left in the FA cup). This may work in favour of us being one of the TV games.

Edited by rudemedic

This may sound like nitpicking but I want to clarify somethin its NOT Paulton v. Norwich, its Paulton or Chippenham v. Norwich. If the tie ends up being Chippenham v. Norwich I don't think that quite has the romance value of Paulton (who I think are the lowest ranked team left in the FA cup). This may work in favour of us being one of the TV games.

Bloke from Paulton on the radio earlier said they had beaten Chippenham 3-0 at weekend?

Anyway, we've a decent chance of being on. Leeds innit.

Paulton Rovers official website says that their tie against Norwich is earmarked to be televised live by Sky:

'"We have been earmarked by Sky TV as one of their live games and we are having a meeting with the FA tomorrow (NB now likely to be Tuesday morning) to ensure we can host the tie. We definitely want to hold it here and we don't see any problems." - Andrew Jones, Manager of Paulton Rovers

http://paultonroversafc.co.uk/joomla/content/view/319/1/

ITV website says after the Paulton v Norwich preview;

'Another notable tie will see former semi-finalists Oldham face 1972 winners Leeds at Boundary Park, in an all-League One clash'.

Looks like they fancy it then. :)

I'd rather our game NOT be on TV. Better crowd, both home and away fans, if it is not on TV - I know we would still be financially better off by having a poor crowd but being on TV, but I think the players deserve a good crowd behind them.

Hoping it won't be on the Saturday as I'm in dirty Blackpool that day/night...

The recipe for a TV FA Cup game has to include David v Goliath, with the prospect of an historic upaet, on a little ground with barely adequate facilities and a dodgy pitch.

Latics v Leeds doesn't fit the bill.

If there was only one televised game, I would agree. Last year there were three at this stage and if there are three again, I reckon we'll be one of them.

Bloke from Paulton on the radio earlier said they had beaten Chippenham 3-0 at weekend?

Anyway, we've a decent chance of being on. Leeds innit.

Aye but when I checked the ITV website- to see if they gave any inclination which game they might show- they gave the draw as Paulton or Chippenham. Goes to show that when the website for the company supposedly showing the games isn't accurate it doesn't bode well for the footage being any good.

Aye but when I checked the ITV website- to see if they gave any inclination which game they might show- they gave the draw as Paulton or Chippenham. Goes to show that when the website for the company supposedly showing the games isn't accurate it doesn't bode well for the footage being any good.

Everybody knows ITV do :censored:e footie coverage though.

Studio guests: Andy Ritchie and Joe Royle, or are they contracted elsewhere?

I think ours is the least likely of these..... they seem to like the David V Goliath scenario for the live games..... and dare I say it, two League 1 standard clubs doesn't fit that :grin:

Normally they show one all football league game eg. Leeds Vs Northampton last season.

If they did, it hink ours would be a much more entertaining match the Brizzle Vs Southampton.

Well See Anyway!

Normally they show one all football league game eg. Leeds Vs Northampton last season.

If they did, it hink ours would be a much more entertaining match the Brizzle Vs Southampton.

Well See Anyway!

I agree with that.

There is, of course, the Swen factor this season as well.