Leeds cup game 5.15pm

I have been reading one or two comments on Facebook with regards to the kick off time for this game and the knock on effect of all afternoon drinking for some/both sets of fans

Has it put you off going to the game? or even bringing any kiddies with you if you usually do that is.

Do you think our attendance will decrease or increase in home fans that is.

Your thoughts guys....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading one or two comments on Facebook with regards to the kick off time for this game and the knock on effect of all afternoon drinking for some/both sets of fans

Has it put you off going to the game? or even bringing any kiddies with you if you usually do that is.

Your thoughts guys....

yep, not decided for definite yet if i'm going - if I do the wife won't be picking me like she normally does, my daughter won't be cheerleading and my boy won't be coming. Can't take the risk, I know what these numpties are capable of, seen it time and again over the years...you won't meet a bigger bunch of wankers and that goes for Millwall - Leeds are a lower form of pond life...especially when they travel in the numbers that will arrive next Saturday...

Your thoughts guys....

It's a great KO time! It means I can have over 2 hours extra in bed - I struggle to get up for the 7am kick off times these days. :lol:

Actually, serious question is the FA.com website regionalised? BBC web site is UK only. :ranting:

Had my name down for a ticket, and wanted to take my grandson------untill I heard the change of time. NO NO NO.

Leeds fans are not the best, without drinking all day before the match.

Might as well watch it for free on the internet.

As a season ticket holder, I would normally be there supporting the boys, but I am not taking the chance of any trouble. I may also be thinking along the same lines for the Tues night match with Leeds as well. Dark night, idiot supporters, no thanks

Had my name down for a ticket, and wanted to take my grandson------untill I heard the change of time. NO NO NO.

Leeds fans are not the best, without drinking all day before the match.

Might as well watch it for free on the internet.

As a season ticket holder, I would normally be there supporting the boys, but I am not taking the chance of any trouble. I may also be thinking along the same lines for the Tues night match with Leeds as well. Dark night, idiot supporters, no thanks

NewYorkBoss was lurking earlier I hope he sees the amount of reservations on here - although it's pretty academic now, there is a reason why we do not play these knobs on Saturdays at 3pm never mind 5.15pm!

Its an absolute joke really. Both our home and away fixtures against hudss have been moved from a sat n easter monday because of police advice, we always play Leeds on a Tuesday night due to police and yet we draw them in the FA cup and can play that at the worst possible time for trouble. Couldn't make it up!

It's like any fixture of this type...... if you want trouble no doubt you can find it, if you just want to watch the game and go home you can.

There hasn't been any serious trouble against Leeds since they came down and I don't see this changing. The Police will have things under control in the pubs like they would for a 3pm kick off.

It's like any fixture of this type...... if you want trouble no doubt you can find it, if you just want to watch the game and go home you can.

There hasn't been any serious trouble against Leeds since they came down and I don't see this changing. The Police will have things under control in the pubs like they would for a 3pm kick off.

I think that sums it up if you don't go looking for trouble then its highly likely that it won't come and find you I will be their will be a the best atmosphere we have had for an FA cup game at BP for years, and I will be safe.

Its going to be an interesting one what with it being broadcast to some people. I do wonder why we can't play Leeds on a Saturday for the league if we can play them at 5.15pm for the cup. The Police could do what the Lancs coppers did with Burnley fans for their Blackburn game recently (make them travel to a set point and go from there in coaches getting tickets on the coach) also known as a Bubble. The problem with that though is Leeds fans in recent years have had a bit of previous for getting tickets in our ends and you could see it happening again which defeats the object of a Bubble. Oldham could become dry for the day- it can be done they do it for certain games in town- but all that will mean is some other boozers get fulled with Leeds fans- great for my Dad's local not great for me and my Dad (as we meet up there). They could shut the doors for the Leeds end 15 minutes beforehand (if your late you get held and don't get in) and leave them shut until 15 minutes after the game has finished- but that is quite a sensible suggestion so I doubt it will happen and it might not work anyway.

I struggle to remember one sided trouble at a football game and no doubt our "hooligans" will do their usual jesticulating and may or may not run from the trouble that is bound to follow.

One things for sure is that the coppers need to think a bit harder than they usually do when it comes to policing Oldham games and if they get it wrong on their own head be it (but no doubt us and Leeds will get the blame)- they have let it be a late evening kick-off (although for a few people that just means an extra hour in bed) we shall see if they regret it.

Its going to be an interesting one what with it being broadcast to some people. I do wonder why we can't play Leeds on a Saturday for the league if we can play them at 5.15pm for the cup. The Police could do what the Lancs coppers did with Burnley fans for their Blackburn game recently (make them travel to a set point and go from there in coaches getting tickets on the coach) also known as a Bubble. The problem with that though is Leeds fans in recent years have had a bit of previous for getting tickets in our ends and you could see it happening again which defeats the object of a Bubble. Oldham could become dry for the day- it can be done they do it for certain games in town- but all that will mean is some other boozers get fulled with Leeds fans- great for my Dad's local not great for me and my Dad (as we meet up there). They could shut the doors for the Leeds end 15 minutes beforehand (if your late you get held and don't get in) and leave them shut until 15 minutes after the game has finished- but that is quite a sensible suggestion so I doubt it will happen and it might not work anyway.

I struggle to remember one sided trouble at a football game and no doubt our "hooligans" will do their usual jesticulating and may or may not run from the trouble that is bound to follow.

One things for sure is that the coppers need to think a bit harder than they usually do when it comes to policing Oldham games and if they get it wrong on their own head be it (but no doubt us and Leeds will get the blame)- they have let it be a late evening kick-off (although for a few people that just means an extra hour in bed) we shall see if they regret it.

Worst I've seen in a long time was after the Blackpool 2nd leg, what time did that kick off again? 5.25pm. As you say good doc, it will be two-sided but it's the poor blighters who get caught in the middle, now i'm big and ugly enough to look after myself but i'll still be wary.

Worst I've seen in a long time was after the Blackpool 2nd leg, what time did that kick off again? 5.25pm. As you say good doc, it will be two-sided but it's the poor blighters who get caught in the middle, now i'm big and ugly enough to look after myself but i'll still be wary.

You'd think they'll hold the Leeds fans back at the end. Might make a bit of sense.

The time has certainly helped me. I have a works piss-up on the Friday (at the moment). This means I can carry on 'til falling over, rather than thinking I'm going to be driving down in 12 hours. Hurrah.

Trouble in previous games with Huddersfield seemed to be a reason for sticking it to 2pm on a Sunday. The away was then moved to a Tuesday night at the Mac. This is fine for a 5.15pm it seems...

Cash involved though <_<

Blackpool 2nd leg was a dinner time wasn't it. Remember watching the dire Cup Final after it. So if that's anything to go by, stick another 5 hours drinking time in and see how we go.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Yeah that was pretty hairy!! Especially the ducking of bottles in the Manchester i think it was after the game!

Be wary indeed me feels. :wink:

Yeah that was pretty hairy!! Especially the ducking of bottles in the Manchester i think it was after the game!

Be wary indeed me feels. :wink:

Sorry I meant the first leg, as for the second leg we were almost back in Oldham by full-time I was that pissed off!

oh and the league game at bloomers was tasty too that season...

Sorry I meant the first leg, as for the second leg we were almost back in Oldham by full-time I was that pissed off!

Yes it was also!

I'm sure it was the league game that a 'distant' relative of mine took a real pasting in the centre later that night off a couple of their doghnuts!

He was in a bad way for a while after that.

Edited by futchers briefs

Yup first leg was nasty :)

Only time I have actually exchanged fists at BP was against Chesterfield about 3 or 4 years ago I it was while walking down sheep foot lane before the match...