KFC-gate - The Chicken Crusades

kev1969

I wrote to Subway and they responded about the needs of the local community. I then responded that I was part of that community and they had removed my choice on their menu based on religeous grounds. They never replied again because I did not accept their waffle about the community.

there you go then..you don't accept their (marketing) reason.

dust off and move on.

if you want to organise a crusade,go to the papers and kick up a fuss.

personally,i think you've got too much time on your hands.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Rummy to then describe muslims as second class citizens because of non halal in KFC and subway is laughable. They are not second class and have alot of halal choice. Sadly I don't have choice at KFC oldham and rochdale, or certain subway outlets now because they converted rather than split the outlets to halal/non halal

It's not laughable it's the sad truth.

One chicken - life + batter + bun = KFC. A KFC where everybody can eat the same things - nobody has to miss out on all that juicy goodness. Less bacon apparently - which for both the pig and you is good news all round.

Now I'm no businessman, but I suspect having two outlets selling the same products where one outlet has meat that is slaughtered differently and no bacon - doesn't make a great deal of sense. Also I'm not sure about the problem with bacon in a halal kitchen, again I suspect that to gain certain accreditations from official bodies - the franchisee must demonstrate the practice of not having any there Whether it's bollocks or not is irrelevant if the owner needs the certificates. And I'm aware of certain establishments kitchen habits - which is industry wide not just specific ones, this is the reason why I keep my healthy(ish) arse out of them.

If you are a Christian then you will know that Christians have zero requirements regarding the way an animal is slaughtered.

While it might not sit comfortably with your "personal" beliefs it dose not in ANY way conflict your Christian beliefs...

Yes I know what your saying, but the thought of some imam praying in Arabic to so call clean the meat so that I can eat it somehow makes me feel part of that religions worship, not something I can buy into I`m afraid. Like I said it is my pesonal belief and no doubt there are others like me.

Yes I know what your saying, but the thought of some imam praying in Arabic to so call clean the meat so that I can eat it somehow makes me feel part of that religions worship, not something I can buy into I`m afraid. Like I said it is my pesonal belief and no doubt there are others like me.

Just as long as you do not push it as anything other than a "personal" belief... Soon as you come across as pushing it as a "Christian" belief then I think that is wrong.

Well done OAFC0000 on completely dismising part of the community in your alterations. Another typical PC stunt like the accusations of racism based upon you inventing statements you claimed I made.

You have dismissed 10% of the community...I can safely put a number on that...

I wonder on the flip how many are THAT bothered about having bacon at KFC and if you can put a number on it?

You have said racist comments which I have quoted back to you... Did you just mean Muslims on holiday or Muslims that are British citizens ?

Why what is wrong with Christian belief. You are pushing and defending a muslim belief?

And there you go again with your racist accusations that you failed completely to back up. But the PC stasi belief is call someone a racist enough times and the mud will stick

Edited by Max Damage

Why what is wrong with Christian belief. You are pushing and defending muslim belief?

Plenty wrong with SOME Christian beliefs...have I never said there was anything wrong in Christian beliefs though (although I do take personal issues with some of them)...I am a Christian!

And why should I not defend Muslims rights to hold beliefs?

Edited by oafc0000

And there you go again with your racist accusations that you failed completely to back up. But the PC stasi belief is call someone a racist enough times and the mud will stick

You said something which sounded very much racist. I asked you to explain what you meant and you declined.

Again...

Do you think a British Muslim is on foreign land?

Do you think a British Muslim should have less rights than yourself?

Simple questions with yes / no answers...

Nothing wrong with Christain beliefs?

Just as long as you do not push it as anything other than a "personal" belief... Soon as you come across as pushing it as a "Christian" belief then I think that is wrong.

That sounds to me like you have a problem with them but no problem with muslim beliefs being pushed (sorry rights defended in your words)? That is the definition of racism

NO I don't think a British muslim is on a Foreign land because I have never said that. Only you have said that in your racist misqoutes of my posts. Try cut and pasting the whole post rather than 6 words with the rest added by yourself for the truth.

No I don't think a British muslim should have less rights than myself

Now back to the topic you have twisted into a racist debate. I do not think my choice should be removed and me forced to travel several miles to regain that choice based on a religeous belief of only part of our diverse community.

Edited by Max Damage

Nothing wrong with Christain beliefs?

That sounds to me like you have a problem with them but no problem with muslim beliefs being pushed (sorry rights defended in your words)? That is the definition of racism

I actually edited my post...

Some Christians think being gay is wrong and abortion is wrong. And they can back this up with interperations from the Bible and scripture...

Some Christians think being gay is ok and abortion is ok. And they can back this up with interperations from the Bible and scripture...

Can he back up that eating Halal meat is wrong via interpretation from the Bible and scripture... ?

If not, it is not a belief that can be claimed to be Christian one...

Edited by oafc0000

I do not think my choice should be removed and me forced to travel several miles to regain that choice based on a religeous belief of only part of our diverse community.

if the WHOLE company decided to withdraw bacon,how would you cope?

catering companies refresh their menus regularly,to stop them from going stale.

what if the next batch of menus had no bacon in....?

a normal customer would make their choice from whats presented.

an awkward customer would look for whats NOT there.

its their business..they can do what they feel is right.

you have 2 feet..vote with them.

I like KFC food, although have been eating a lot less recently as part of my personal quest to ensure that I continue to fit through the turnstiles at the Rochdale Road End.

I do find that the eat in parts of their "restaurants" are filthy places. McDonalds, on the whole, seem to be much cleaner.

If you really want a KFC but don't like the menu at Elk Mill then the solution is to drive a couple of miles up the road to Kingsway or Ashton. You'll be there in 10 minutes.

Personally I think it's time that we had a drive-thru Burger King in Oldham, and the council's lack of effort to make this happen is a disgrace.

They can do whatever they like but a change made on the religeous belief of one section of the community moves it into a different arena imho.

Lets say Macdonalds insisted every resteraunt had a Christian cross over the front door because British Christians had asked for it and they thought it would increace business if they did it? OAFC0000 would be out there with his protest banners about the racism of it.

NO I don't think a British muslim is on a Foreign land because I have never said that. Only you have said that in your racist misqoutes of my posts. Try cut and pasting the whole post rather than 6 words with the rest added by yourself for the truth.

No I don't think a British muslim should have less rights than myself

Now back to the topic you have twisted into a racist debate. I do not think my choice should be removed and me forced to travel several miles to regain that choice based on a religeous belief of only part of our diverse community.

So what did you mean by your comment then ? Who was the comment aimed at ?

Any comment on MacDonalds in Saudi where it promotes 100% halal? Fine to me as it is a muslim country and that is their belief with no need to compromise for anyone by providing swine products

See Max, here’s the difference between me and you. I don’t think that’s fine, I think that Saudi Arabia is a desperately backward country specifically because the government sees fit to enforce religious practices on the population regardless of whether they are members of that religion or whether they are particularly keen on it. I prefer to live in a country where businesses and consumers are free to make their choices and succeed or fail and spend their money as they see fit. You are different. You think that businesses should be forced to act in a certain way to suit your quasi-Christian leanings – you are, in fact, in alliance with the Saudi mullahs. And for someone who (in agreement with me) opposes the Human Rights Act and similar legislation, I find it baffling that you think you have a RIGHT to be able to purchase a particular type of grotty fast food within a certain distance of your home. You just don’t.

As an aside, I have a cousin who works in the Irish diplomatic service, he was stationed in Riyadh for a while. They had a rule in the embassy that everyone had to get completely :censored:ted every night whether they felt like it or not in defiance of the prohibition. Spreading liberty with alcohol.

Like I said what comment. The one you made up or the one explained many posts ago? I will not take this racist attack based on twisted versions of my posts any further. People like you actually make people racist and it is people like you in the media and politics that have caused 2 million people to vote for that vile party the BNP.