Loan Striker?

The rarely wrong Chron says DP will scour the loan market this week for a striker in Pav’s absence. DP is quoted as saying Pav is still in Germany and will be coming back the middle of this week, when we will have a better idea.

“Initially it was going to be between seven and 21 days, though now we are probably looking at between four and six weeks.

“We will have to have a sit-down to see where we are.

“We will look at the assessment on Pawel and see how long he will be out for, see what we have in the building and then if we need to, try to go and get somebody.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-striker-search

The rarely wrong Chron says DP will scour the loan market this week for a striker in Pav’s absence. DP is quoted as saying Pav is still in Germany and will be coming back the middle of this week, when we will have a better idea.

“Initially it was going to be between seven and 21 days, though now we are probably looking at between four and six weeks.

“We will have to have a sit-down to see where we are.

“We will look at the assessment on Pawel and see how long he will be out for, see what we have in the building and then if we need to, try to go and get somebody.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-striker-search

Jeez........' if we need to '.................That must be the understatment of the decade!!!!!!!!

I can't remember a worse season in terms of goals scored, apparently, the Leeds match was the ninth game in which we have failed to score this season...........It is obvious to everyone that we have needed another striker, almost from day one!!!!!

im not happy with how many loan players are going to be in the starting 11. shows we were ill prepared for this season.

It might show that the budget is so tight that we are relying on freebies from a higher level.

Could be wrong.

Either way, your point looks reasonable.

It might show that the budget is so tight that we are relying on freebies from a higher level.

Could be wrong.

What's so mystifying is that we had injuries in pre-season but still let other players leave on loan. We did the same thing last season and none of the loanees we brought in - well arguably Jones (but we were more solid before he came) improved the team.

Yet again we are relying on ONE striker like we have done for the last 15 years, its a joke and needs rectifying along with DPs strange tactics of not allowing Furman to cross the half-way line. We could have kept Allott to do that job.

Yes, we've tightened up but at the cost of tedious impotent football, meaning one goal in four home games and only 7 in the previous 6 home games. Take it back to February (nowt todo with DP I know) and it is 12 goals in 17 home games, no wonder no one wants to come to games.

Edited by oafcprozac

What's so mystifying is that we had injuries in pre-season but still let other players leave on loan. We did the same thing last season and none of the loanees we brought in - well arguably Jones (but we were more solid before he came) improved the team.

Yet again we are relying on ONE striker like we have done for the last 15 years, its a joke and needs rectifying along with DPs strange tactics of not allowing Furman to cross the half-way line. We could have kept Allott to do that job.

Yes, we've tightened up but at the cost of tedious impotent football, meaning one goal in four home games and only 7 in the previous 6 home games. Take it back to February (nowt todo with DP I know) and it is 12 goals in 17 home games, no wonder no one wants to come to games.

me for one!

like has been said before,we could have the best striker in this division but if he doesnt get the service it just wont happen for them..look at beckford..banging them in for fun,comes here and is ineffective because of how we handled him and because they didnt play to his strenghts....

players have been allowed out because they simply are not dp signings and he wanted to make room on the wage bill for loans to come in.

Could be wrong.

I thought we were skint then we shell out 60k on a League 2 reserve player.

"freebies from a higher level"

Give me players like :censored: over Joe Colbeck anyday.

I'm afraid it's not as simple as just getting a new striker, the striker needs service which is something we just aren't doing. We need to get quality service in there and not just hopeful hoofs from the back; time for some old fashion wing play if you

ask me.

Aye, that Colbeck lad should do the trick!

i been told we may ask Dean Windass like some other guy been saying on some other forum but he quit playing windass.Oldham need a properly goal scorer not a old man .

i would take a properly one anyday, the proper ones never seem to work out do they

How many loan players are you allowed to field in a game? As if we get a loan striker in we would have 5 (GK, hills, :censored:, Blackman and other striker) and it seems like it might be against the rules to have half a team made up from players from other clubs. Yes we could perhaps do with another striker but personally I think Smalley, Blackman, Parker and Taylor could work well in combination going forward.

How many loan players are you allowed to field in a game? As if we get a loan striker in we would have 5 (GK, hills, :censored:, Blackman and other striker) and it seems like it might be against the rules to have half a team made up from players from other clubs. Yes we could perhaps do with another striker but personally I think Smalley, Blackman, Parker and Taylor could work well in combination going forward.

I believe that no more than 5 loan players can be on the pitch at any one time.

Not seen enough of Blackman to know if he's a goal threat, but I'm not convinced the other three are going to bag 2 a game between them.

maybe DP should try taylor in a free role up front. he played in that position away at carlisle last season and looked fairly threatening

It was a big thing to turn it down, especially as I have been on a week-to-week contract since rejecting it.

Not even month to month, I really think Penny lost his mind when forking out the cash for this deal, surely h would have been on a free come the end of the week. Madness!

we need a loan striker and Gillingham have taken one on loan from Manure - Fabian Brandy? mmmm :huh: