Was anyone on here...

The Latics fan who ran on the pitch at the Dell to celebrate the late equaliser? Just wondering...

I'm amazed anyone got out of those pens during the game!

I got a great spot, stood on the escape steps at the back of the tightly packed middle pen. A kindly steward let me stand there all game. Certainly wouldn't happen now. Looked worryingly overfull during the gam, especially seeing that Hilllsborough wasn't even a year before it.

Don't remember the Latics fan on the pitch but two southampton fans ran across and one of them showed his arse. It was also quite balmy in Southampton, but snowing in Oldham when the train got back. Anyone admit to being locked out due to just one more pint in the pub?

Don't remember the Latics fan on the pitch but two southampton fans ran across and one of them showed his arse. It was also quite balmy in Southampton, but snowing in Oldham when the train got back. Anyone admit to being locked out due to just one more pint in the pub?

Tried to get into the pub at back of the ground but it was jammed full. It meant we dedided to go straight into the ground - fortunately!

Fantastic night.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I think there were more than two Saints fans on the pitch too. I got that train which was lain on by the club, took bloody ages to get back, and sat somewhere around Leamington Spa for what seemed like hours at one point. Think we got home at about 4am in the end.

The walk back to the station was brilliant. "Tell me ma, me ma..."

I wasn't much of a drinker back then so I went straight into the ground.

I remember there was a TV cameraman right in front of our fans blocking the view, who got all manner of abuse and objects thrown at him.

On the coach back, someone had a portable TV and we watched the highlights. I'll never forget a close up of a young Southampton girl at the front of one of the upper tiers celebrating their second goal and a fan on the bus shouting 'fall off you witch!' So harsh but funny.

We had a few in the pub across the road (Winston Churchill?), but it got so difficult to get served, we headed across to the ground. Of the three of us, my brother and I got in, but DT (The other feller) was told to hang on at the turnstile while the operator got instructions from the safety officer.

DT said "I'm in their car mate, I won't be able to find them if I don't go through now". The turnstile operator said "OK, just you then" and that was the last person that got in that night - they closed the turnstiles immediately, after realising they had already let too many in.

Other than the tremendous atmosphere, and the 2nd goal (Of course!), the thing I remember most is the two Southampton fans in the paddock to our right burning a Latics scarf after full time - One of them was swinging it round as it burned, and it stuck to his coat ^_^

Oh yeah, I remember that. I think there were more than two Saints fans on the pitch too. I got that train which was lain on by the club, took bloody ages to get back, and sat somewhere around Leamington Spa for what seemed like hours at one point. Think we got home at about 4am in the end.

The walk back to the station was brilliant. "Tell me ma, me ma..."

Snap, seems like only yesterday....had to have the day off from School to go down....and the day after!

When I think back to 89/90, 90/91 & 91/92 it was just bloody fantastic wasn't it? I have so many memories of the games and the people I met, it was so good to see a team were every game, no matter who we played you fancied us to win, and by a few goals to.

Edited by ghostofcecere

When I think back to 89/90, 90/91 & 91/92 it was just bloody fantastic wasn't it? I have so many memories of the games and the people I met, it was so good to see a team were every game, no matter who we played you fancied us to win, and by a few goals to.

Yeah, we really did used to steamroller teams at home, 3-0's and 4-1 wins seemed to be commonplace on the plastic.

Yeah, we really did used to steamroller teams at home, 3-0's and 4-1 wins seemed to be commonplace on the plastic.

I remember my first season 92/93 watching us win 4-1, 4-2, 5-3, 6-2, and still be near the bottom of the league. You couldn't argue about the entertainment back then could you..

Have said this story on another thread - but i do remember getting back to Oldham about 8ish the following morning after 2 punctures in a trusty Barlows charabangs!!

We didn't want to chance it on Barlows so we went on the Latics train... Guess what? Yeah, you're right it broke down (or there were some long delay for some reason). Think we got back about 4am?

We were on telly celebrating but don't remember any Latics fans being on the pitch.

Some of my brothers' mates who were with us on the train didn't get in to the ground cos they went for a pre-match pint. So the journey back was a bit muted. Good times though!

does anyone admit smashin the pub up because the landlord was takin the piss??? :lol::lol:

i was one of the last in the ground went through the turnstile then to the loo when i came out the gates were closed

I remember my first season 92/93 watching us win 4-1, 4-2, 5-3, 6-2, and still be near the bottom of the league. You couldn't argue about the entertainment back then could you..

87-88

3-2, 3-2, 4-1, 5-0, 4-2, 4-3, 4-2, 5-1 and a good few 2-2s

88-89

4-1, 4-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-1, 3-0, 5-3, 4-0 at least 10 2-2s many with us leading 2-0!

89-90

3-2, 7-0, 3-1, 3-3, 6-0, 4-1, 3-0, 4-0, 3-2, 3-3, 3-1, 3-0, 4-1, 3-2 few more 2-2s

90-91

3-2, 3-1, 3-0, 3-2, 5-2, 4-1, 6-1, 4-1, 5-3, 4-1, 3-2 few 2-2s

91-92

3-0, 7-1, 3-2, 3-6, 4-3, 3-0, 5-1 few 3-2 defeats but entertaining all the same and a few 2-2s

92-93

5-3, 4-2, 4-1, 3-1, 6-2, 3-2, 4-3 plenty of 2-2 draws

Wonder how I got so hooked? :wink:

Wonder why I'm so depressed these days, couldn't give a :censored: what league we're in just give me some excitement instead of the last 13 years of :censored:e! (bar the odd false dawn)

87-88

3-2, 3-2, 4-1, 5-0, 4-2, 4-3, 4-2, 5-1 and a good few 2-2s

88-89

4-1, 4-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-1, 3-0, 5-3, 4-0 at least 10 2-2s many with us leading 2-0!

89-90

3-2, 7-0, 3-1, 3-3, 6-0, 4-1, 3-0, 4-0, 3-2, 3-3, 3-1, 3-0, 4-1, 3-2 few more 2-2s

90-91

3-2, 3-1, 3-0, 3-2, 5-2, 4-1, 6-1, 4-1, 5-3, 4-1, 3-2 few 2-2s

91-92

3-0, 7-1, 3-2, 3-6, 4-3, 3-0, 5-1 few 3-2 defeats but entertaining all the same and a few 2-2s

92-93

5-3, 4-2, 4-1, 3-1, 6-2, 3-2, 4-3 plenty of 2-2 draws

Wonder how I got so hooked? :wink:

Wonder why I'm so depressed these days, couldn't give a :censored: what league we're in just give me some excitement instead of the last 13 years of :censored:e! (bar the odd false dawn)

Those scorelines are ridiculous! You can see why so many counted us as their second team back then, all out attack mentality.

The Latics fan who ran on the pitch at the Dell to celebrate the late equaliser? Just wondering...

Fantastic memories Prozac. I was getting another pint in the pub over the road when one of my mates said if we didnt move sharpish we wern't getting in so only just made it!

I remember getting a mention on radio 5 by Danny Baker, who apparently asked the crazy Oldham fan in the flourescent yellow coat (I know :shock: ) who went absolutely mental when Neil Adams scored the opener away at Leyton Orient in the FA Cup replay when we lost. My mate told me and asked if it was me............... it sadly was.