Pav and Heff

I could see these two really complementing each other if they get the chance in the new year?

I know its just 1 month but can we expect it to be extended beyond that?

Does Blackman's loan end in Jan?

I think Heffernan will end up staying for the season. Would be good to see him play with Pav.

It's also possible that if Heffernan is not a success that he may have gone back before Abbott returns.

I think we need to see something of Heffernan first.

I was hoping for a lot more from Kabba, Ormerod and Byfield than any of them actually delivered.

add to that list

Dean Windass

Jason Jarrett

Leon Constantine

Jordan Robertson

Leon Clarke

Luke Beckett -well maybe just stayed longer but higher hope defiantely

Ben Burgess

Laurenco Da Silva

Allan Smart

and finally for Diego "Danny Knight"

It's awonder we can ever sign a striker!

add to that list

Dean Windass

Jason Jarrett

Leon Constantine

Jordan Robertson

Leon Clarke

Luke Beckett -well maybe just stayed longer but higher hope defiantely

Ben Burgess

Laurenco Da Silva

Allan Smart

and finally for Diego "Danny Knight"

It's awonder we can ever sign a striker!

Thought Jarrett, Constantine and Clarke all did fairly well to be honest. I'd have been happy to see any of them extend their stay at the club. And, Robertson got injured but started off full of promise, so that's a bit unfair as well I think.

Thought Jarrett, Constantine and Clarke all did fairly well to be honest. I'd have been happy to see any of them extend their stay at the club. And, Robertson got injured but started off full of promise, so that's a bit unfair as well I think.

Not os much their effort and quality, it seems unfair mentioning them in the same reath as Burgess and Ornerod, but more their actually goal per game ratios. None have set the world alight here.

Don't foget Luigi Glombard!

To be honest, I deliberately did!

But mainly because he did not come with any sort of reputation for scoring

Interestingly, wiki has where he is now. In a 3rd tier team in France(ie conference) that is now only semi preofsessional.

He is quoted as being "lightening quick", but they forgot to add but rubbish at scoring

Years Club App (Gls)*

2003–2006 ..Nantes 29 (2)

2006–2007 ..Cardiff City 06 (0)

2007 ..→ Leicester City (loan) 01 (0)

2007 ..→ Oldham Athletic (loan) 08 (1)

2007–2008 ..Grenoble Foot 38 30 (4)

2008–2009 ..Chamois Niortais 25 (5

In 6 years that is 12 goals, in 100 gmaes, 12% !

Beckett got 24 in 36 for us. I'd take that from any loan striker.

It should be borne in mind if Heffernan does well and scores lots of goals he will be sought after by clubs paying better than Latics for a permanent move in January.

Edited by BP1960

The Heff could be good I think a front four of him, Pav, Taylor and Smalley would do well in this division. However, like BP 1960 says, if he does really well he'll be back at Donny before he can have his christmas pud and they will be looking to sell him for more money than we can afford (unless Citeh sell Richards) or keep him.

DP knows how to get the best out of him and he's a proven record in this division, but why is he not in the Donny team? Is he unfit? Has he lost his form? Or has he got personal problems? All of which don't inspire me with confidence of him being a huge success. If he's not in the Donny team because he isn't good enough (in their manager's opinion) for where they want to be then that's a different matter.

We shall have to wait and see but with no game this weekend he won't be coming into our biggest league game of the season so far, cold and not knowing his teammates. Brett Ormerod looked like a shadow of his reputation when he came here last season, but he's now scoring regularly for Blackpool in the championship. One thing I would like to see is the Heff being given time by the staff and players alike if he isn't the miracle instant panacea for all our problems.

What about the mighty Maheeta Malongo?! :grin:

Im quietly confident bout Heff, get a good few days training with the boys, so it's not like he's being thrown in at the deep end.

As for why he isn't in Donnys team-they're in the league above AND have Billy Sharp (5 in 10), Dean Sheilds (4 in 10) and James Hayetr (3 in 11) ahead of him.

Maybe its a similair case as us and O'Grady?

League 1 - not cut it.

League 2 - found his level.

Heff

Championship - not cut it.

League 1 - found his level.

What about the mighty Maheeta Malongo?! :grin:

Im quietly confident bout Heff, get a good few days training with the boys, so it's not like he's being thrown in at the deep end.

As for why he isn't in Donnys team-they're in the league above AND have Billy Sharp (5 in 10), Dean Sheilds (4 in 10) and James Hayetr (3 in 11) ahead of him.

Maybe its a similair case as us and O'Grady?

League 1 - not cut it.

League 2 - found his level.

Heff

Championship - not cut it.

League 1 - found his level.

I dont know if he has not cut it in the CCC. Started just 20 last season and scored 10 league goals

so i would say to you that WHEN played he has cut it. Just started 2 games this season and has got

between 2 to 10 mins in the others.