The morning after........

I pay my money so can have an opinion and here's mine. It's a results game and I think the Norwich and Exeter games may just seal penneys fate. A good first 20 minutes against a Leeds team resting their main players really didn't convince me. There are players in that team

who are just not good enough. How Penney and gray can't see that I don't know.

As the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd and I hate to say it but there's only one way we are going unless it's sorted quickly.

I pay my money so can have an opinion and here's mine. It's a results game and I think the Norwich and Exeter games may just seal penneys fate. A good first 20 minutes against a Leeds team resting their main players really didn't convince me. There are players in that team

As the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd and I hate to say it but there's only one way we are going unless it's sorted quickly.

And who will take over a sinking ship ??????????

The problems are much deeper than Penney, although most of his 20 signings have been failures.

I agree with this, that thr problems within the club run deeper than the first team management, but if we'd signed a bit more quality instead of Div 4 hopefulls, we'd be looking a lot healthier.

I will admit as one of Penney's supporters, these negative tactics are starting to piss me off a bit, but Penney has signed a 2 year contract, and is going absolutely nowhere.

If fans thought like this in the early 80's then Royle wouldn't have lasted a season

Even if he did go we would still have the same players.

yeh but with that set of players another manager wouldnt have played long ball against Leeds , with set of players another manager would have them motivated and look like they know what they are doing

edit* that isnt saying I want Penney out , we need a manager for a while now its got us nowhere chopping and changing , I just wish he would show abit more nouse!

Edited by razza699

For goodness sake lets get real. Penny has not been able to put out anything like his strongest team because of all the injuries. Give the guy a chance and judge him when he is able to play his best eleven.

I agree but I think you need to judge a manager as much on his worse 11 as you do on his best 11.

Somehow I really can not see TTA paying out yet another 60k to pay off another manager, who has been in the post barely 6 months

Not gonna happen

Quite so. We are where we are, a club with little disposable income. Anyway I really don't believe that 4 months is a period on which to base the performance of anyone.

As Carl said earlier , Royle's early years were hardly sensational. I can remember in his first season he was absolutely pilloried by some of the Terrace Experts.

DP has had success elsewhere - there's still time to see if he can turn things to the good. One man doesn't make a team , but the absence of Abbot has been significant.

Some of the signings haven't come off - but some of our existing players need to start looking at their bottle and comitment . I just don't see Smalley showing desire, I don't see Lomax having the footballing brain to know when to get over the halfway line and support the flank...

Last night's positives? Flahavan, Greegs (again), Colbeck first half, Black did ok, :censored: did ok considering his inexperience at cenre back.

Edit: also Whitaker. I know he's in and out but nobody showed as much desire for the ball in our midfield. He was let down by others who didn't want the ball.

Edited by LaticsPete

I donlt think Penney would claim every signing would work.

He has to be given longer.

For starters it will beinteresting to see what happens in the transfer window.

Penney has a record of dispatching those that are not wokring out. He may have even not spent his budget to allow a bit of room for maneovre.

The problem is going to be offloading, if he wants to, the likes of Kiegan Parker.

I will admit as one of Penney's supporters, these negative tactics are starting to piss me off a bit, but Penney has signed a 2 year contract, and is going absolutely nowhere.

If fans thought like this in the early 80's then Royle wouldn't have lasted a season

This is what is getting my goat. At 9.05pm last night, with 25 mins to go and at 0-1 down, I was saying to my brother that I thought we should change it up front. Heffernan was losing out in all the aerial battles and Smalley was never in the game. It looked obvious to me and those around me that we never looked like scoring and that we may as well try and change it, yet he waited until the 77th minute to try and change it. Maybe put Blackman on to run at them with pace rather than keepin lumping the ball up to Heffernan who was being marked by 'The Freak'.

And then to give Dale Stephens less than 3 mins at the end of the game? WTF? Utterly pointless! If he intended to use him he should have been on with 20 mins to go when it became apparent that neither Whits nor Furman were capable of stamping any knd of attacking authority on the game.

I'd rather we lose 4-2 but give it a right bloody good go, than limp lamely through a 0-1 or 0-2 snorefest! At the minute it's like we are setting out to draw and consider ourselves unluck if we lose by a goal or two, and that is simply not good enough.

This is what is getting my goat. At 9.05pm last night, with 25 mins to go and at 0-1 down, I was saying to my brother that I thought we should change it up front. Heffernan was losing out in all the aerial battles and Smalley was never in the game. It looked obvious to me and those around me that we never looked like scoring and that we may as well try and change it, yet he waited until the 77th minute to try and change it. Maybe put Blackman on to run at them with pace rather than keepin lumping the ball up to Heffernan who was being marked by 'The Freak'.

And then to give Dale Stephens less than 3 mins at the end of the game? WTF? Utterly pointless! If he intended to use him he should have been on with 20 mins to go when it became apparent that neither Whits nor Furman were capable of stamping any knd of attacking authority on the game.

I'd rather we lose 4-2 but give it a right bloody good go, than limp lamely through a 0-1 or 0-2 snorefest! At the minute it's like we are setting out to draw and consider ourselves unluck if we lose by a goal or two, and that is simply not good enough.

About an hour in at Charlton I'd realised that Dan, Penney's tactics are awful. The one time we've had a proper go at a team in the last ten games has seen us play the best football we have seen for months at BP. But as it was against 10 men we haven't the ambition to go for the throat of a team from minute one when it 11 against 11, meaning we revert to type.

First twenty minutes last night we looked really good. Yet we still didn’t have a shot on target. Where is the football we used to play at the start of last season? I know Sheridan went but surely it isn’t entirely down to the manager? We looked dangerous on the ball last season we don’t look a threat at all this year. we’ve only scored nine at home!

Why haven’t we got another centre back? Why did we have to play a midfielder that would have steeled up our midfield no end last night at centre back.

Why is Parker on the pitch?

Why is Furman who was full of assists and goals for Bradford playing so deep?

Why are we looking at a relegation battle?

Why haven’t we replaced a very good right back with a half decent one? We have no overlapping which is eliminating out attacking threat a great deal.

First twenty minutes last night we looked really good. Yet we still didn’t have a shot on target. Where is the football we used to play at the start of last season? I know Sheridan went but surely it isn’t entirely down to the manager? We looked dangerous on the ball last season we don’t look a threat at all this year. we’ve only scored nine at home!

Why haven’t we got another centre back? Why did we have to play a midfielder that would have steeled up our midfield no end last night at centre back.

Why is Parker on the pitch?

Why is Furman who was full of assists and goals for Bradford playing so deep?

Why haven’t we replaced a very good right back with a half decent one? We have no overlapping which is eliminating out attacking threat a great deal.

Injuries, signed in the main :censored:e. Negative tactics. Wasted money on positions that havent needed strengthening, therefore threadbare in others.

Dan we didnt even go for it in a cup game at home against Leeds, I certainly didn't expect us to go at them in a league game, make matters worse the Leeds side- managed to rest a lot of their first choice players and still win comfortably.

Edited by Butter

Dan we didnt even go for it in a cup game at home against Leeds, I certainly didn't expect us to go at them in a league game, make matters worse the Leeds side- managed to rest a lot of their first choice players and still win comfortably.

I know mate and this is, I think, what is pissing people off the most about our current form. Even if we still weren't getting result but we were going for it in every game, I'm sure people would still feel optimisitic about the prospects of turning things round.

At the minute, it seems there's little point in even hoping, which is one of the key reasons why people are now voting with their feet.

You can lacquer a turd.

If Penney gets sacked if we play badly against Norwich and Exeter it will be a total waste of time. Give him time, we won't get relegated this season. What will a new manager do anyway that's so different? Bring in new players with no money whatsoever to work with? Let him do his job.

As has been said, If we're gonna lose at least lets play entertaining football and lose 4-2. At least the spectators will have seen an exciting match. DP's record is pretty good I'm sure he'll sort it, if he changes tactics. I'm with corporal jones (on a different thread), I'm going to struggle to watch latics in division 4, especially when premier league soccer will be around the corner. (I'd never desert latics really! :)

You can lacquer a turd.

If Penney gets sacked if we play badly against Norwich and Exeter it will be a total waste of time. Give him time, we won't get relegated this season. What will a new manager do anyway that's so different? Bring in new players with no money whatsoever to work with? Let him do his job.

I think Penneys job is as safe as houses even if we are relegated which I think is possible rather than probable!!!